#$%@^ this President who is testing the bounds of Democracy at every turn

therock

• +65/-65
    • View Profile
Re: Trump hotels exempt from the emoluments clause
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2019, 08:02:11 PM »
#$%@^ this President who is testing the bounds of Democracy at every turn

Kind of the dems faults to

Wasn't anti Russian case. Still think they hack, it was obstruction of justice definitely, and may if been conclusion just couldnt prove it due to you know all the obstruction of justice

But I always thought why aren't we ALSO going after this. Why people your eggs in one basket. This was a violation they did day 1, blantly day 1

And then they do this move

If people think this trump hating I just say replace trump with anyone doing the same

Not even saying president Hillary or Obama, which will result in the white house on fire

Saying do it with any president. One day trump will be gone, it about the horrible prescident this setting

Snake-eyes

• +18/-8
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2019, 10:49:41 PM »
Next time, don't run such a sh!tty candidate.

therock

• +65/-65
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2019, 11:47:28 PM »
Next time, don't run such a sh!tty candidate.

ummm ok

What that got to do with Trump hotels being exempt for the emoluments clause again or rather it should be, or what the fall out for this..or the prescident it set

Snake-eyes

• +18/-8
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2019, 09:06:23 AM »
Because if the democrats hadn't run such a sh!tty candidate, then Trump wouldn't have been elected and thus he wouldn't be using sed "loophole".

XerxesTWD

• +107/-27
  • You can't park here, buddy. Earth is closed today.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2019, 10:06:46 AM »
Because if the democrats hadn't run such a sh!tty candidate, then Trump wouldn't have been elected and thus he wouldn't be using sed "loophole".
You're using whataboutism as justification for Trump profiting off taxpayers and foreign governments? Really?

Snake-eyes

• +18/-8
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2019, 10:33:37 AM »
You're using whataboutism as justification for Trump profiting off taxpayers and foreign governments? Really?

Nope, I'm not defending his actions. just pointing out that he's only in a position to use sed loophole because the DNC f@cked Bernie during the primaries.

Hopefully people won't accept the DNC rigging the next primary, now that they've gotten a taste of the consequences.

nu-safado

• +7/-1
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2019, 03:33:04 PM »
I agree with not going after Trump as the solution

It's part of what I mean by identity politics.

When Dems go after Trump, much as its justified, they usually start tirades on "pussy grabbing, insensitivity, moral failings, narcissistic foreign relations, and public speaking

All of that is absolutely true.

But the people who voted for him are concerned that they are being left behind in a disappearing middle class and they are absolutely correct.

I don't think Trump has much to do with the current strong economy

But if you're going to present new ideas to a public in a strong economy (despite the likelihood of a downturn next year)
what do you have to offer besides moral outrage?

I get really pissed off at children in cages, border policy, and his general ignorance.

But I need a candidate who will offer me a reason to vote FOR them and not AGAINST Trump.

therock

• +65/-65
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 18, 2019, 03:47:36 PM »
Well part of 2020 going to be about corruption.  Do think all that overlaps. Dont see how you talk about money out if politics  without talking about shit like this. Yes people who voted for trump don't care. But it not just about him. This partly about getting your base to turn out and not normalizing this clearly illegal behavior

Once a prescident set, its hard to unset.

This not talking about safe spaces this is someone openly committing crimes and the doj saying yea that shit legal

You can talk about that AND talk about new ideas

nu-safado

• +7/-1
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 18, 2019, 06:55:03 PM »
Well, the Mueller report didn't do much - although I think we have a pretty clear example of obstruction (not collusion) and someone who knows how to cover their tracks.

How does everyone associated with Trump ad the PONRO actress who sued him all go to jail or get sued in counterpart (Stormy Daniels owes him 239,000$)

Trump is skillful at deflection

It would take a solid debater and charismatic figure (think Obama) to demonstrate the danger of precedent

And I am damned worried about President and the strengthening of the Executive branch and Executive Orders and veto powers

Maybe we'll all get lucky and the KFC and fast food will do him in

therock

• +65/-65
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 18, 2019, 08:10:36 PM »
Think it less he good at framing and more the dems bad at messaging

Mueller was always going to be a bit hard to do. For it to stick it basicly have to be him saying "here Putin,  here what I Donald trump want for your help" it just was always a chance he was that dumb. They should have relied on ONLY that

But the other stuff emoluments,  campaign violations, his charity all seem like more slam dunks

Here what I say about dems bad at framing. During the campaign trump sent an email asking foreign leader for money. A clear violation then he did it AGAIN . But hardly anyone talked about it

Republicans dont wait till an argument polls well. They push and push a narative consistently and they all get on board till it sticks. And hammer till people exhausted not compromising and inch. And if they get in power the steamroll there agenda. They consistently tried to defund Obama care popular.  There health bill polls shit but they still push it

The fact trump ran as a populist and dems didn't put "waged are to high" on the billboard" shows a failure of message

The fact people didn't know Obama care and the health care act was the same thing is a failure of message. The fact people dont know that act included stuff specifically for coal miners a failure of messaging

Or look at the meal trump was able to make over the carrier jobs vs Obama not pushing the jobs he saved

By the way the encomy trump brags about basicly Obama economy. Not much has chance. The people who did good before still doing good, people who doing bad still doing bad

It just it not one side right now saying everything terrible and it brown people fault

that why if dems wins and get shit passed that good they need to really SCREAM that shit, brag, constantly push their own narrative and kill the idea if trickle down

Also help media afraid to straight say some lying which put them in a tough situation when some blantly lie. Because people got confirmation bias sometime the more evidence you push that they are wrong the more they double down

Also trump base may be the most ride or die base I ever seen

nu-safado

• +7/-1
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 19, 2019, 01:14:57 AM »
Trump polls consistently - and I mean consistently - between 36-42%

Does not matter what happens - it's always between those two poles

I estimate that 20% are rabid anti-establishment Trump MAGA supporters and the other's are Republicans. Just card-carrying, whatever the Repubs put in there stands Republicans.

If the economy has a hiccup though, that number will go down

therock

• +65/-65
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 19, 2019, 12:34:09 PM »
Trump polls consistently - and I mean consistently - between 36-42%

Does not matter what happens - it's always between those two poles

I estimate that 20% are rabid anti-establishment Trump MAGA supporters and the other's are Republicans. Just card-carrying, whatever the Repubs put in there stands Republicans.

If the economy has a hiccup though, that number will go down

That why I said its a turn out election. Who get their people to turn out

because those low end 36 percent WILL turn out.  They almost locked. That a big chunk of voters.

Progressive, regular dems think actully have more people..it just those people don;t always vote. Or not in the right areas. Dems can overcome the second problem if they fixed the first in a big way. They have enough to beat the spread if they get their people out in same consistency of some older conservatives.

Maybe part of that is talking about how very...very imporant the supreme court is...when you have a guy like Trump willing to push the limits of the office. Because if this dude gets another pick..fuck. That would be MASSIVE!!  Thay why I think some of these abuses worth talking about because its connected

nu-safado

• +7/-1
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 19, 2019, 11:23:19 PM »
Second-term Trump is far more dangerous than first term Trump. he could force an impeachment vote as he would push the envelope of Democracy

However

Of that 42% - I think about 20% are really Trump fanatics - they're the anti-establishment brick through a window vote.

The fact that the approval ratings vacillate at all makes me think that the rest, Republican orthodoxy, would consider a viable Dem candidate.  Not a large number rind you - but enough that if the Dem wasn't seen as a corporate establishment shill it could matter

And yeah, turn out would be huge

Hillary was awful because she is at heart condescending and arrogant and she comes across as entitled. I would be surprised if the 20202 candidates couldn't rally the base with a possible Biden run. He could be seen as out-of-touch