Herochat

Star Wars Episode IX: Rise of Skywalker teaser

therock

• +65/-65
    • View Profile
Re: Star Wars Episode IX: Rise of Skywalker teaser
« Reply #30 on: April 17, 2019, 12:21:23 PM »
Prequel had a lot of world building. But generaly dislike what they added to the world. Most of it I thought was Dumb
Like the last movie though
Think it maybe didn't need to be 3 movies

Last Jedi Actully like. Just had dumb endings for some of the characters, and dumb reveals

XerxesTWD

• +107/-27
  • You can't park here, buddy. Earth is closed today.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 17, 2019, 01:44:02 PM »
Prequel had a lot of world building. But generaly dislike what they added to the world. Most of it I thought was Dumb

Last Jedi Actully like. Just had dumb endings for some of the characters, and dumb reveals

It's treason then.

Bandido

• +10/-2
  • I can't let you do that Starfox.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 17, 2019, 08:28:17 PM »
Good endings for who?!

Luke died a quitter. What a loser, he failed at literally the only thing he tried to do post ROTJ. The Empire somehow regained footing after being close to done and instead of realizing he's the individual with the best chance to turn the tide, he pouts on an island for 30years. Then, when he finally has a chance to turn up and save Kylo, like he did Vader, he doesn't. He does a lame force ghost trick and dies anyway (probably of shame).

Panthergod

• +49/-87
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 17, 2019, 08:48:52 PM »
Luke is a bitch as of TLJ. The Force is Female, you toxic males who have nothing to do with this franchises success.

Panthergod

• +49/-87
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 17, 2019, 08:50:20 PM »
Psst: don't try to pretend that I didn't warn y'all about this overall trend years ago.

DarthAlani

• +3/-1
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 17, 2019, 09:11:57 PM »
The Last Jedi and BVS are two of my most disappointing films ever. 

therock

• +65/-65
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 17, 2019, 10:10:50 PM »
Good endings for who?!

Luke died a quitter. What a loser, he failed at literally the only thing he tried to do post ROTJ. The Empire somehow regained footing after being close to done and instead of realizing he's the individual with the best chance to turn the tide, he pouts on an island for 30years. Then, when he finally has a chance to turn up and save Kylo, like he did Vader, he doesn't. He does a lame force ghost trick and dies anyway (probably of shame).

He amsi died a virgin

It's treason then.

There was a time liking any if the prequels were treason my bald headed friend. The pendulum could swing either way

Thanos6

• +22/-17
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 17, 2019, 11:02:08 PM »
The prequels had phenomenal worldbuilding and some good acting (Ian McDiarmid chief among those, obviously). Lucas is a great idea man and overall director, he's absolutely terrible with dialogue, regardless of trilogy.

What made me rewatch them (the second and third ones, not the first) was initially watching clips of McDiarmid on YouTube. He was so good as the Emperor. He stole every scene he was in.

Things I like about the prequels are pretty much limited to Ian McDiarmid, Liam Neeson, Samuel L. Jackson, Coruscant, and the lightsaber fights.
Truten forever!

XerxesTWD

• +107/-27
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 18, 2019, 10:54:41 AM »
The prequels had phenomenal worldbuilding and some good acting (Ian McDiarmid chief among those, obviously). Lucas is a great idea man and overall director, he's absolutely terrible with dialogue, regardless of trilogy.

What made me rewatch them (the second and third ones, not the first) was initially watching clips of McDiarmid on YouTube. He was so good as the Emperor. He stole every scene he was in.

Things I like about the prequels are pretty much limited to Ian McDiarmid, Liam Neeson, Samuel L. Jackson, Coruscant, and the lightsaber fights.
It's a trap. Send no reply.

XerxesTWD

• +107/-27
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 18, 2019, 10:57:07 AM »

A surprise to be sure, but a welcome one!

You can't appreciate how excellently he owned the role without his loyal elder statesman persona from the first movie.

Mightily Oats

• +80/-582
  • Master of Fagnetism
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 18, 2019, 01:52:56 PM »
I always liked how his old man make up from Return of the Jedi was way better than RotS, even with him actually being like 20+ years older