Herochat

Julian Assange is goin' to jail

AP

• +135/-56
    • View Profile
Re: Julian Assange is goin' to jail
« Reply #30 on: April 11, 2019, 10:43:44 PM »
The first link was a google search and the second link was from CNN who obviously still hold a grudge for Hillary’s loss.  They can’t blame Russia on everything anymore so I guess they are now going with articles from Dailymail.

Dlbiininja

• +120/-14019
  • Destroyer of father of socks self-esteem
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 11, 2019, 10:59:57 PM »
The first link was a google search and the second link was from CNN who obviously still hold a grudge for Hillary’s loss.  They can’t blame Russia on everything anymore so I guess they are now going with articles from Dailymail.

So,  were the other outlets using Dm?  I don't see them cited as a source. 

https://nypost.com/2019/04/11/ecuador-says-julian-assange-smeared-poop-on-embassy-walls/

The sun has it & clearly states,"JULIAN Assange smeared poo over the walls of the Ecuadorian Embassy in London before he was hauled out of his seven-year-old hideaway, an Ecuadorian minister has claimed."

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/8843073/julian-assange-was-arrested-after-smearing-poo-all-over-the-walls-of-ecuadorian-embassy-minister-reveals/

I found this interesting & it tends to lean towards
 someone who could potentially spread shit on a wall. 
https://www.ibtimes.co.uk/stinkyleaks-ecuadorian-embassy-staff-complains-about-julian-assanges-poor-hygiene-1654846
My negative Karma correlates to the amount of butthurt I've caused you! 
blowmeuptom.com/   https://www.facebook.com/tomleykisshow/
http://garyanddino.com/ 

AP

• +135/-56
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 12, 2019, 05:45:24 AM »
The Sun is owned by Rupert Murdoch.  You have upgraded from Inforwars to Fox News.

Not BAMF

• +23/-15
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 12, 2019, 06:50:55 AM »
If your defense to everything is “literally every single other source is biased but mine”, you might want to reconsider your position. That’s anti-vaxxer territory.
https://gotstratosphere.com/2019/04/23/show-4-23-19-the-avengers-quiz-show/ (A review of NextWave, and our MCU quiz challenge!)

AP

• +135/-56
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 12, 2019, 08:29:17 AM »
If your defense to everything is “literally every single other source is biased but mine”, you might want to reconsider your position. That’s anti-vaxxer territory.

The Sun and Dailymail are legit shitty sources.

therock

• +65/-65
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 12, 2019, 09:11:34 AM »
Can totally buy the story. Most people would go crazy in his situation

AP

• +135/-56
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 12, 2019, 09:29:19 AM »

This isn't a "he get some weird idea in his head"-crazy.  This is "straight jacket and unable to stand trial"-crazy.  It sounds made up.  Some people do go crazy enough to smear shit on walls but those people usually have a history of similar behavior.  They also tend to be hospitalized.

therock

• +65/-65
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 12, 2019, 09:54:11 AM »

This isn't a "he get some weird idea in his head"-crazy.  This is "straight jacket and unable to stand trial"-crazy.  It sounds made up.  Some people do go crazy enough to smear shit on walls but those people usually have a history of similar behavior.  They also tend to be hospitalized.

Well he been isolated trap for years. Basicly in a finely furnish cage stuck with his cat

CNN may have there own bias but among the big news agencies they play it pretty straight forward

When it comes to bias always got to ask ok what outlets DO  I trust an see what they say

AP

• +135/-56
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 12, 2019, 10:00:46 AM »
Assange was trapped but it wasn't like he was isolated.  He communicated with plenty of people both in person and via the internet, including his own mother.  It wasn't like he was confined to a prison cell.  I could understand he might get stirred up a bit and that might have led to him talking to Trump Jr, but shitting all over his room is over-the-top crazy.  If he was that looney, his interviews and tweets would show it.  He has been pretty chill.

And I do trust a lot of sources but CNN isn't one of them.  This wouldn't be the first time they spread bullshit.

NeoGreenLantern

• +101/-23
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 12, 2019, 10:53:23 AM »

The Sun and Daily Mail are the kind of news outlets that would be approved by anti-vaxxers.

Not BAMF

• +23/-15
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 12, 2019, 11:16:43 AM »
So okay, I have heard of the guy and of Wikileaks before, but until now, he was just on my periphery as "a name I knew" and that was it. I have done some research in the last two days, and here's my take on the guy.

He has done some truly honorable, brave, and heroic things in revealing what the U.S. military was doing to civilians, reporters, etc in our overseas wars. That was important information that the public had a right to know, and he should be heralded for doing that.

He has also done some questionably stupid stuff like publicizing entire documents unredacted, leaving sources, informants, and innocents open to consequences of various sorts. Like, a public right to information is great, but you have to accept that some things can't just be unveiled in their entirety because things in the real world have ramifications.

He also seems to have been all-in on using his power and influence to help Trump win the election in 2016. What actual effect he may have had is almost impossible to definitively measure, and whether he was doing it because he likes Trump and just hates Hillary is irrelevant, but from what I have looked up, it's pretty unquestionable that he and his organization showed a pretty substantial bias during the lead up to the election.

Also, there are accusations of a sex crime that everything I looked up was pretty biased about in one way or the other ("he was fleeing because he's a sex criminal" vs "it's a smear job" blah blah blah), but it seems like the case is going to be reopened now that he is "available". There's not enough unbiased info on this one for me to make any real determination.

So I don't know. To me, he seems like a pretty flawed dude who has done heroic things and also some amazingly short-sightedly stupid things. Also, he may or may not be a rapist, but who knows? It's tough to find any real unbiased information about the dude.

I certainly don't buy he that he is some brilliantly altruistic hero. Nor do I buy that he is an evil genius. Here are my two biggest questions:

1) Is there any proof that the information he leaked led to any deaths?

2) Is anything he did during the 2016 election "illegal"?

Other than those items, I am actually most curious about the rape case now that it is allegedly being reopened.
https://gotstratosphere.com/2019/04/23/show-4-23-19-the-avengers-quiz-show/ (A review of NextWave, and our MCU quiz challenge!)

therock

• +65/-65
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 12, 2019, 02:53:05 PM »
Assange was trapped but it wasn't like he was isolated.  He communicated with plenty of people both in person and via the internet, including his own mother.  It wasn't like he was confined to a prison cell.  I could understand he might get stirred up a bit and that might have led to him talking to Trump Jr, but shitting all over his room is over-the-top crazy.  If he was that looney, his interviews and tweets would show it.  He has been pretty chill.

And I do trust a lot of sources but CNN isn't one of them.  This wouldn't be the first time they spread bullshit.

Ok what news outlets DO you trust

therock

• +65/-65
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 12, 2019, 02:57:31 PM »
So okay, I have heard of the guy and of Wikileaks before, but until now, he was just on my periphery as "a name I knew" and that was it. I have done some research in the last two days, and here's my take on the guy.

He has done some truly honorable, brave, and heroic things in revealing what the U.S. military was doing to civilians, reporters, etc in our overseas wars. That was important information that the public had a right to know, and he should be heralded for doing that.

He has also done some questionably stupid stuff like publicizing entire documents unredacted, leaving sources, informants, and innocents open to consequences of various sorts. Like, a public right to information is great, but you have to accept that some things can't just be unveiled in their entirety because things in the real world have ramifications.

He also seems to have been all-in on using his power and influence to help Trump win the election in 2016. What actual effect he may have had is almost impossible to definitively measure, and whether he was doing it because he likes Trump and just hates Hillary is irrelevant, but from what I have looked up, it's pretty unquestionable that he and his organization showed a pretty substantial bias during the lead up to the election.

Also, there are accusations of a sex crime that everything I looked up was pretty biased about in one way or the other ("he was fleeing because he's a sex criminal" vs "it's a smear job" blah blah blah), but it seems like the case is going to be reopened now that he is "available". There's not enough unbiased info on this one for me to make any real determination.

So I don't know. To me, he seems like a pretty flawed dude who has done heroic things and also some amazingly short-sightedly stupid things. Also, he may or may not be a rapist, but who knows? It's tough to find any real unbiased information about the dude.

I certainly don't buy he that he is some brilliantly altruistic hero. Nor do I buy that he is an evil genius. Here are my two biggest questions:

1) Is there any proof that the information he leaked led to any deaths?

2) Is anything he did during the 2016 election "illegal"?

Other than those items, I am actually most curious about the rape case now that it is allegedly being reopened.

Well no 2 not sure he being charge for any of the 2016 election stuff, but other hacking which he help

Because if your a news who get hack info and report it thats legal. If you assist in the hacking that not

Not BAMF

• +23/-15
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 12, 2019, 02:59:02 PM »

Wikileaks. :)

AP

• +135/-56
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 12, 2019, 04:21:28 PM »

Wikileaks. :)

... I’ll give you that. :D