Herochat

Israel

ProjectCornDog

• +17/-14
    • View Profile
Israel
« on: April 09, 2019, 06:37:54 PM »
Looks like Netanyahu is about to win a re-election and he said he will annex the West Bank.

What are your thoughts on Israeli politics? Are we all racist bigots for even having this discussion?

Wyntyr

• +116/-83
  • Literally The Devil
    • View Profile
Re: Israel
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2019, 08:19:56 PM »
All I care about is Jelly's opinion
The tree grows high but the oxygen fails to reach all the branches

AP

• +135/-56
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2019, 08:46:17 PM »

Empirically white supremacist cave demons are cowards.

I think that about covers it.

Panthergod

• +49/-87
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2019, 08:51:11 PM »

Anyone whining that the artificial social caste designation of whiteness is being attacked for the factual global genocide and resource theft grand strategy that it is is definitely a homicidal sociopath, by definition.

MTL76

• +1141/-119
  • Knives in the senate house?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2019, 08:57:22 PM »

Anyone whining that the artificial social caste designation of whiteness is being attacked for the factual global genocide and resource theft grand strategy that it is is definitely a homicidal sociopath, by definition.

We're just ahead of the curve.

Minority Shareholder, Combine Honnete Ober Advancer Mercantiles (CHOAM)

The Create A Team / Power Set Combo Compendium

nu-safado

• +7/-1
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2019, 10:57:23 PM »
Israeli politics have taken a strange turn.

Netanyahu is the first Prime Minister who puts himself above country.

He is also the first PM that has no direct connection with the War of Independence, the wars of 5, 6-day, or Yom Kippur and all subsequent. He has no connection to the immediacy to death that all Israeli's from before the 80's know.

My father's family left Israel because it was clear the air force would have recruited him and he would have been on sorties in combat, My mother for similarly dire reasons.

Despite their faults, people like Ariel Sharon, Ehud Barak et al knew how close the nation had come to annihilation and ow precarious peace was

Even Meir Dagan, the head of the Mossad, was frightened of a non-two state solution.

However..........

The current group of children who have entered the workplace or have grown up as tech professionals (Tel Aviv is a powerful VC area) has grown up with a Palestinian nation that has been subverted by Hamas (Arafat did plenty to screw them as well), haven't really experienced the existential threat of encirclement, and have been lulled into a false sense of security

In grander terms, the greater Middle East's Arab nations, though they will never declare it formally, might secretly think of Israel as a useful military counterweight to Iran's spreading influence. The Bush invasion of Iran empowered Iran to create a Shiite crescent throughout Iran, turn Iraq into a vassal state, spread through Syria, and enter Lebanon

This is terrifying for Saudi Arabia, a mortal Sunni enemy who is facing Iranian-proxy groups in Yemen (Houthi's) and constant attacks subverting the precarious royal family who's options are rapidly running out in terms of mid-term prospects

So, if Palestine is annexed, Europe will make the usual round of noise condemning Israel - which always pisses me the fuck off. Europe complaining that another nation is acting like a colonial power is ironic at best.

Europe has FAR bigger problems to worry about - Brexit is "supposedly scheduled for two days from now, Italy has a debt crisis, the world economy is clearly in trouble, Russia is getting aggressive, etc......

The real question is:

How does Israel integrate a growing Arab population without becoming an apartheid state?

What are the Palestinians? Jordanian citizens? Palestinians traveling with Israeli or Palestinian Passports? Apartheid doesn't just look bad, it's a logistical nightmare

Jordan is ruled by a Hashemite minority. How stable is that and if it isn't stable, who would Israel have to worry about?

Syria is becoming a serious issue. Iran is establishing real weapons depository's and planting long-range attack missiles deep in Syrian territory and creating logistical routes to Lebanon. If Jordan becomes an Eastern front, who's aligning against Israel?

Would creating a two-state solution benefit anyone in a safe way? Israel could potentially create a large buffer zone and then retrench behind it. How safe would Israel be against a Hamas reaching out to the West Bank to encircle Israel. Would a buffer-zone and two-states help or hurt? If not, how do you manage the demographic and apartheid issue

I have no answers. I wish Meir Dagan was still alive to help

AP

• +135/-56
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2019, 03:12:50 PM »

Close enough.  I award myself a point.