Herochat

DCCU Shazam vs MCU Iron Man

NeoGreenLantern

• +101/-23
    • View Profile
Re: DCCU Shazam vs MCU Iron Man
« Reply #15 on: April 08, 2019, 04:39:20 PM »
You mean the very thing I mentioned a few times would happen if Ironman wasn't going all out and burning the energy?

Strange

• +4/-2
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 08, 2019, 04:45:44 PM »
You mean the very thing I mentioned a few times would happen if Ironman wasn't going all out and burning the energy?

What makes you think it would even allow him to burn it out if it were suddenly charged so far beyond its capacity at such a sudden rate? Or even be able to hit such a degree in the first place?

NeoGreenLantern

• +101/-23
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 08, 2019, 04:52:24 PM »
Because a battery doesn't not instantly explode if overcharged. It overheats. The heat breaks down the security measures that stops regulates the volatile chemical reactions. When that fails it explodes.

So yeah of he quickly expels the energy it would prevent it from exploding. The other option would be to super cool the battery so that the heat doesn't break it down.

NeoGreenLantern

• +101/-23
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 08, 2019, 04:54:35 PM »
FYI when I worked for a budget server company I had to deal with cheap battery backups that would overheat and fail because of power surges.

Gree

• +47/-8
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 09, 2019, 11:01:52 PM »
Right after he got the boost, he started dragging Thor along a cliff and appeared much more competitive.  Towards the end of the fight, Thor started over powering him.  It appeared to be a boost.

If you go back to the first Iron Man movie, we see him going into the final battle, low on juice.  We see him pick up an SUV, then JARVIS explains he is losing more power and Iron Man drops it as he is no longer strong enough to hold it up.

I was on the other side of this last time and I still am. This is not how electronics/computers/batteries work.

He lost strength because the suit isn't strictly for strength and he has other systems/functions that need power. He probably could have done a manual redirect to hold up the car but that wouldn't have made sense to do at the time.

It is possible to over charge a battery but it's not going to make anything work harder. What it's going to do is make things work longer and at peak performance. infact if you were to over charge a battery you better do everything you can to burn that extra energy off because it can overheat and explode. What better way than to push all systems to maximum capabilities without worrying about running out of power?

You are injecting real world physics where they don’t necessarily belong.

Let me tell you, the writer and director did not intend for IM to be at “peak efficiency and full capacity for longer”

This was a Power up. Just like in the comics

NeoGreenLantern

• +101/-23
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 09, 2019, 11:16:57 PM »
So you think Ironman looked 4 times as powerful as he did in IM2 then?

NeoGreenLantern

• +101/-23
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 09, 2019, 11:20:11 PM »
Also being able to max out without worrying about depleting yourself is still a power up. If you went from being able to hold your max bench up from 5 minutes to 20 minutes you'd be pretty proud of yourself

nu-safado

• +7/-1
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 09, 2019, 11:27:51 PM »
Forget the power up - even if Iron Man is powered up Shazam is a different beast than Thor

Thor isn't as overwhelmingly physically powerful as Shazam.

He's durable as fuck, has lightning, and lots of skill. He's also got serious mobility issues without the hammer and even in Infinity War, couldn't put a dent in Thanos until he got Stormbreaker - aka without a weapon he's limited in his abilities until he becomes All-Father (likely next step for character)

Shazam is legitimately super-speed Flash-like fast, stronger than Iron Man by a country mile, and would be immensely hard to hurt.

Iron Man, as he fought Thanos on Titan, would slow down or injure Shazam, but I'm not sure what he could do against a speed blitz and flurry of powerful punches.....

Shazam should win unless he's REALLY noobish

NeoGreenLantern

• +101/-23
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 09, 2019, 11:39:25 PM »
I'm calling shenanigans on "overwhelmingly physically powerful". Shazam never does any crazy lifting in the movie. He caught the bus and his someone else held up the ferris wheel. Neither of those feat are outside of Thor's or any other top tiers abilities.

nu-safado

• +7/-1
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 10, 2019, 01:42:20 AM »
Other than punching Hulk, and outside lightning powered (which seems like he's becoming all-father THor) Thor has few strength feats.

A crap ton of durability

But not too much strength.

Shazam, even in this film version, is pretty clearly a magic archetype of Superman, even if he likely will focus more on magic and less on Supermans physicality as time (and the comic counterparts) go and and have shown, he's still basically a physical juggernaut

Shazam's comic version doesn't have tons of feats in pure lifting (that I know of) because he's usually presented as a magic foil to Superman or fighting other characters. His power set is pretty much equivalent to Black Adam who has thrown aircraft carriers and such we can infer that Shazam can do about the same

At least as I see it. His speed alone should be a problem. If second-rate Quicksilver in Age of Ultron was an issue with his speed then Shazam and DC speedster types should be hellish in that department

AP

• +135/-56
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 10, 2019, 06:00:38 AM »
In Infinity War, Thor swung Rocket’s pod around and braced himself against the Star Forge to open it up.  That is a massive strength strength feat.

https://youtu.be/wKVHB2h1C7c?t=193

I don't see Tony pulling that off.

Additionally, Thor fought Hulk barehanded twice.  And while he was gradually getting into trouble, Tony was reluctant to even make an attempt using standard armor.  That's why he had to invent the Hulkbuster.  Thor is a good 4-5 times stronger than Tony on average.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2019, 06:20:11 AM by AP »

Gree

• +47/-8
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 10, 2019, 10:08:44 AM »
In Infinity War, Thor swung Rocket’s pod around and braced himself against the Star Forge to open it up.  That is a massive strength strength feat.

https://youtu.be/wKVHB2h1C7c?t=193

I don't see Tony pulling that off.

Additionally, Thor fought Hulk barehanded twice.  And while he was gradually getting into trouble, Tony was reluctant to even make an attempt using standard armor.  That's why he had to invent the Hulkbuster.  Thor is a good 4-5 times stronger than Tony on average.

Thor has always had a power creep since Avengers 1

Gree

• +47/-8
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 10, 2019, 10:09:40 AM »
So you think Ironman looked 4 times as powerful as he did in IM2 then?

It’s pretty plain as day my amigo. This mimicked the nearly identical comic scene.

Not sure why you’re dying on this hill. Take a step back and reevaluate it with a clear head

Rage.Of.Olympus

• +10/-4
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 10, 2019, 11:11:58 AM »
Thor powering up Iron Man was taken straight from the comic where additionally energy makes him stronger/more powerful.

"Power level at 400% capacity" were Jarvis' exact words.

Rage.Of.Olympus

• +10/-4
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 10, 2019, 11:13:12 AM »
Other than punching Hulk, and outside lightning powered (which seems like he's becoming all-father THor) Thor has few strength feats.

A crap ton of durability

But not too much strength.

Shazam, even in this film version, is pretty clearly a magic archetype of Superman, even if he likely will focus more on magic and less on Supermans physicality as time (and the comic counterparts) go and and have shown, he's still basically a physical juggernaut

Shazam's comic version doesn't have tons of feats in pure lifting (that I know of) because he's usually presented as a magic foil to Superman or fighting other characters. His power set is pretty much equivalent to Black Adam who has thrown aircraft carriers and such we can infer that Shazam can do about the same

At least as I see it. His speed alone should be a problem. If second-rate Quicksilver in Age of Ultron was an issue with his speed then Shazam and DC speedster types should be hellish in that department

Thor was competitive with Hulk in h2h. Tossed Rocket's pod and was strong enough to restart the forge. Held the Iris open while being bombarded by the full power of a Star.

"Not that much strength"

Captain Marvel.....caught a bus. Never change bro.