Herochat

DCCU Shazam vs MCU Iron Man

AP

• +135/-56
    • View Profile
DCCU Shazam vs MCU Iron Man
« on: April 08, 2019, 10:06:11 AM »
I feel the consensus si that Shazam gets beaten by most other top tiers on account of his noobishness.  So what if he fights someone who less powerful but still more experienced?

Not BAMF

• +23/-15
    • View Profile
Re: DCCU Shazam vs MCU Iron Man
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2019, 10:52:53 AM »
I wamt to say Shazam fuckstomps him, but didn't Thor's lightning supercharge Tony? That might happen here, too, I guess.
https://gotstratosphere.com/2019/04/23/show-4-23-19-the-avengers-quiz-show/ (A review of NextWave, and our MCU quiz challenge!)

AP

• +135/-56
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2019, 11:28:29 AM »
I wamt to say Shazam fuckstomps him, but didn't Thor's lightning supercharge Tony? That might happen here, too, I guess.

Yeah, I'm guessing it would.

Almighty Tallest

• +4/-4
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2019, 11:30:23 AM »

It overclocked his systems basically.  But it didn't make him any stronger or tougher; just able to use more of his repulsors and last longer in the fight before his armor got broken. It's like if your phone was at 12% and it got a charge up to 200%.

AP

• +135/-56
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2019, 11:34:07 AM »
It's been proven multiple times that Iron Man's strength was boosted.  In fact, even beyond that fight scene, there are scenes in other movies in which it is spelled out that Tony's armor gains and loses physical strength depending on how much juice it has.

Almighty Tallest

• +4/-4
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2019, 11:37:44 AM »
It's been proven multiple times that Iron Man's strength was boosted.  In fact, even beyond that fight scene, there are scenes in other movies in which it is spelled out that Tony's armor gains and loses physical strength depending on how much juice it has.

Well I must not remember that. Only going by the fight scene it didn't seem to boost him any. But it could have been since he was fighting Thor, the amp didn't really matter.

AP

• +135/-56
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2019, 11:42:05 AM »
Right after he got the boost, he started dragging Thor along a cliff and appeared much more competitive.  Towards the end of the fight, Thor started over powering him.  It appeared to be a boost.

If you go back to the first Iron Man movie, we see him going into the final battle, low on juice.  We see him pick up an SUV, then JARVIS explains he is losing more power and Iron Man drops it as he is no longer strong enough to hold it up.

Almighty Tallest

• +4/-4
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2019, 11:55:12 AM »
Well the drag part I never assumed because of how Thor flies. Without using Mjolnir he had no way of stopping Tony as he flew. He could only smack him around on the way up. I'm remembering the SUV scene though.

NeoGreenLantern

• +101/-23
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2019, 02:46:56 PM »
Right after he got the boost, he started dragging Thor along a cliff and appeared much more competitive.  Towards the end of the fight, Thor started over powering him.  It appeared to be a boost.

If you go back to the first Iron Man movie, we see him going into the final battle, low on juice.  We see him pick up an SUV, then JARVIS explains he is losing more power and Iron Man drops it as he is no longer strong enough to hold it up.

I was on the other side of this last time and I still am. This is not how electronics/computers/batteries work.

He lost strength because the suit isn't strictly for strength and he has other systems/functions that need power. He probably could have done a manual redirect to hold up the car but that wouldn't have made sense to do at the time.

It is possible to over charge a battery but it's not going to make anything work harder. What it's going to do is make things work longer and at peak performance. infact if you were to over charge a battery you better do everything you can to burn that extra energy off because it can overheat and explode. What better way than to push all systems to maximum capabilities without worrying about running out of power?

AP

• +135/-56
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2019, 02:56:01 PM »
The thing is, Iron Man’s armor is not realistic and is powered by an element that does not exist.  In fact, going by the scene in question, his suit was further powered by straight up magic.  There is no reason to apply real world science to his suit.

Strange

• +4/-2
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 08, 2019, 03:18:37 PM »
If we are going realistic, his battery wouldn't have ever been overcharged like that in the first place.

NeoGreenLantern

• +101/-23
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 08, 2019, 03:49:55 PM »
Why not? You can overcharge batteries. They generally have systems in place that prevent it but they can fail or break. Like say when magic lightning powers them. Ironically this is exactly what happens in Shazam to the one guys phone.

His strength failing is exactly how a device would work if the power got to low to maintain all active systems. His suit going all out vs Thor is exactly how it would work if power wasn't an issue. There is no reason not to apply real world science to the suit since it no way contradicts it.

Not BAMF

• +23/-15
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 08, 2019, 03:58:43 PM »
I did then and still do get a kick out of the fact that we accept an MCU where Jarvis and Ultron and Thor and Asgard and Infinity Gems all exist, but the idea that the 400% supercharge made Tony stronger gets "But it isn't REALISTIC!"
https://gotstratosphere.com/2019/04/23/show-4-23-19-the-avengers-quiz-show/ (A review of NextWave, and our MCU quiz challenge!)

NeoGreenLantern

• +101/-23
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 08, 2019, 04:06:53 PM »
It's not even the fact it's not realistic. I just don't agree with the evidence he was 4x as powerful. Yeah his battery gauge said 400% but it was a battery gauge. Over powering your phone battery isn't going to give you a better wifi connection.

Then there is the fight itself. I don't really see anything in the fight that screams 4x more powerful. IMHO all of the stuff IM pulls off would be completely in the suits ability at the time if he didn't have to worry about depleting his battery.

Strange

• +4/-2
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 08, 2019, 04:34:35 PM »
Why not? You can overcharge batteries. They generally have systems in place that prevent it but they can fail or break.

Do you know why they are designed that way and what happens if you do charge a battery beyond its capacity?