Herochat

Times the heel was right.

Propeus The Fallen

• +37/-6
    • View Profile
Times the heel was right.
« on: April 05, 2019, 02:00:40 AM »
Favorite times when it turns out that the bad guy in the feud actually had a point or was right?

A recent one was Lucha Underground, where you had Dante Fox angry with Killshot because he believed he left him behind enemy lines to die. Turns out--yep. That's what happened.

Riv1

• +78/-1066
    • View Profile
Re: Times the heel was right.
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2019, 05:43:31 AM »
Heels mostly ARE right, not to sound pessimistic.

Anyway, i’ve always been partial to the Rock’s reasoning after his first ever heel turn

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=4Hhs3r2Axb8#

He makes it clear it (joining the Nation of Domination) wasn't a racial thing it was a respect thing; he threw the fans’ own words at them about them chanting ‘Rocky sucks’ and ‘Die Rocky Die’.
He wasnt wrong.

Propeus The Fallen

• +37/-6
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2019, 09:11:39 AM »
I'll go Sid when he feuded with Hogan. Sid did nothing wrong in the Royal Rumble. He eliminated Hogan from behnd. Something Hogan multiple times in that match and is totally legal. So he whines, and screws Sid out of his win.

...And then Jack Tunney was going to give Hogan the title match.

therock

• +65/-65
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2019, 01:09:30 PM »
AJ Lee- Wasnt just she was right..but they never went around to prove she was wrong. Her argument was she was the best fighter..and all the rest of wrestler only got attention due to total divas and being hot. Then proceeded to pretty much owned them cleanly..sometime in battle royals beating all of them

They were bad and pushing other divas back then

Riv1

• +78/-1066
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2019, 05:31:41 PM »
^^^yeah i was totally behind AJs reasoning back then.

Riv1

• +78/-1066
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2019, 05:34:43 AM »
A lot of the shit Miz & Maryse were hitting John Cena and Nikki Bella with building up to WM33 was pretty spot on...

Sick Nick

• +10/-2
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2019, 11:18:46 AM »
I'll go Sid when he feuded with Hogan. Sid did nothing wrong in the Royal Rumble. He eliminated Hogan from behnd. Something Hogan multiple times in that match and is totally legal. So he whines, and screws Sid out of his win.

The fans cheered Sid eliminating Hogan and WWE fiddled around with the sound for the replay. It would've been the perfect time for a Hogan heel turn, he was beyond stale and he no longer had his superhuman physique. He looked like a skinny old man when he was going nose to chin with Sid at Wrestlemania.

For the company's top babyface, Hogan made a fucking good heel whenever he was in the Royal Rumble. I remember him illegally eliminating the Big Boss Man in '89 after he was fairly eliminated  himself, and Jesse Ventura rightly called him on it.
Hyrkanian Badass

He'll be buying drinks all night then.

HalloweenJack

• +43/-10
  • Rowdy AF
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2019, 06:47:27 PM »
I kinda think Randy Savage was right....or at least you can see where he's coming from....when he turned on Hogan in early 89

Propeus The Fallen

• +37/-6
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2019, 07:14:29 PM »

The fans cheered Sid eliminating Hogan and WWE fiddled around with the sound for the replay. It would've been the perfect time for a Hogan heel turn, he was beyond stale and he no longer had his superhuman physique. He looked like a skinny old man when he was going nose to chin with Sid at Wrestlemania.

For the company's top babyface, Hogan made a fucking good heel whenever he was in the Royal Rumble. I remember him illegally eliminating the Big Boss Man in '89 after he was fairly eliminated  himself, and Jesse Ventura rightly called him on it.

Oh yeah. And I love he he "accidentally" eliminated his friends like Savage and the Warrior.

A89 when he got double teamed an eliminated. I'll be nice and say that I think the idea they were going for was that The Million Dollar Man was doing a lot of backstage deals to get the number thirty and that the ToP benefited by being able to be int the ring at the same time through dubious means. So it was supposed to be poetic justice. Well, as poetic as WWE can be.

And yeah, I can see where Savage was coming from. Hogan "accidentally" eliminated him at the Royal Rumble and then leaving with his wife when she was injured and leaving Savage alone in a tag match. I'd be a bit POed too.

HalloweenJack

• +43/-10
  • Rowdy AF
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 09, 2019, 08:02:42 PM »
and that's a normal person, now imagine Savage, the most jealous, easily angered person is the history of this entire plant of earth

Riv1

• +78/-1066
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 10, 2019, 06:01:04 AM »
^^^was he an angry guy?

Riv1

• +78/-1066
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 10, 2019, 06:03:13 AM »
Also:

“To be The Man you gotta beat The Man”.
That holds true for pretty much every sport.

HalloweenJack

• +43/-10
  • Rowdy AF
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 10, 2019, 08:28:34 AM »
^^^was he an angry guy?

kayfabe wise anyway

therock

• +65/-65
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 10, 2019, 11:13:24 AM »
Remember during the Attitude Area,  The Dudnely became popular and started to get cheered for. Back when they were still getting of tossing woman through table

So the announcer still had to do the HEEL announcer, face announcer. Where the heel annoucher had to take shit about the good guy, and the good one had to talk good about the who people were cheering for

So it was basicly

"Come on the DUDELYS just having fun"

And the so called heel announcher were like

"Why are letting this metal handicap, derange Pervert, attack woman manage and tossed them throgh tables"

Also when the heel was right

Pay your taxes, you fucking tax cheats

Sick Nick

• +10/-2
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 10, 2019, 12:27:39 PM »
^^^was he an angry guy?

kayfabe wise anyway

Going on what pretty much everyone says, it was more than kayfabe
Hyrkanian Badass

He'll be buying drinks all night then.