Herochat

Wrestlemania 35 / Wrestlemania 2019

Propeus The Fallen

• +37/-6
    • View Profile
Re: Wrestlemania 35 / Wrestlemania 2019
« Reply #30 on: April 08, 2019, 09:07:45 AM »

No, the people who don't like The Iiconics, don't care enough to comment on them. :)

And I don't mind Rey getting squashed. Hell, I enjoy that there's another universe Rey Mysterio who got killed by an aztec god in a meat locker somewhere in LA. ...And that Rey was way more likeable. :)

Triple H's problem is that he believes how he works a match is the best and it's just long, bad, and boring. Same with Orton, he's got his niche and he will not stray from it. Well, different reasons. Triple H has a big ego and Orton's just lazy and content to settle for good matches when he could have great matches.

And I'll say this for Wrestlemania: All the big names who should have won, won.

GeneralPresidentSkeletor

• +81/-16
  • "He speaks so well!" - white people, everywhere
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 08, 2019, 02:01:54 PM »
It was the first wrestling-anything that I’ve watched in years and I enjoyed it. The only thing I can say that was a real negative was that it went on a little too long. I don’t know what you could have cut from it, though; all of the belts were defended (as they should be at WM); the “grudge” matches were settled (enough, for now); it was well paced in terms if segments/moments versus matches; and each match was surprisingly good. Really, the worst matches of the night IMO were Corbin/Angle and Lashley/Balor, with each being at least a 3* affair.

Corbin/Angle suffered from Angle CLEARLY barely able to move and just not up to the Angle standard, and the fact that it was Corbin. He’s big, he can move and he has a pretty cool finisher, but his gimmick is weak (the outfit is WHACK) and his connection with the fans isn’t there. I don’t think Cena in that spot would have been better, necessarily. A better match, yes, because John is a better worker and it would have been a nice call-back to his leap into the upper echelon way-back-when (the Ruthless Aggression slap), but John doesn’t need the rub and Cena haters would have still bitched...unless he’d come out as Thuggin’ Cena. THAT would have gone over huge for Angle’s last match, but also over shadowed Angle’s last hurrah. Corbin worked; not perfect as far as prestige goes, but Angle pulled out all of his moves and Corbin kept him safe.

Riv1

• +78/-1066
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 08, 2019, 05:30:07 PM »
Great point on the Angle match and Corbin’s involvement (it mirrors my own opinion so its obviously great). Corbin needs his own callback to his earlier gimmick. He’s been ruined.