Wrestlemania 35 / Wrestlemania 2019

Not BAMF

• +23/-15
    • View Profile
Wrestlemania 35 / Wrestlemania 2019
« on: April 03, 2019, 11:40:08 AM »
Let's start the discussion.

Brock is 100% beating Seth.
https://gotstratosphere.com/2019/04/23/show-4-23-19-the-avengers-quiz-show/ (A review of NextWave, and our MCU quiz challenge!)

therock

• +65/-65
    • View Profile
Re: Wrestlemania 35 / Wrestlemania 2019
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2019, 11:57:07 AM »
Let's start the discussion.

Brock is 100% beating Seth.

Sadly Yes

Partly due to I think the saudi show

Not BAMF

• +23/-15
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2019, 12:31:17 PM »
100% due to Roman being back.
https://gotstratosphere.com/2019/04/23/show-4-23-19-the-avengers-quiz-show/ (A review of NextWave, and our MCU quiz challenge!)

therock

• +65/-65
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2019, 01:36:31 PM »
Least kofi may win

Which may lean to other new day heel turn

HalloweenJack

• +43/-10
  • Rowdy AF
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2019, 07:59:25 PM »
I kinda hope that they do something where Seth wins because the Undertaker shows up and puts the fear of God into Brock, allowing Seth to curbstomp him and win the belt, so they can possibly build to Rollins and Reigns at Summerslam (which I think would be dope) and then they can have Taker and Brock in Saudi Arabia, doing like a retirement match or something. The Saudis would eat that up, it allows Brock to be written off for a while, gives Seth the belt, and gives Taker revenge for the end of the streak.

It won't happen, but that's what I'd do.

Riv1

• +78/-1066
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2019, 12:18:25 AM »
^^^that’d be sweet.

TBH there isnt one match on this card i’m super excited about.

Not BAMF

• +23/-15
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2019, 07:53:40 AM »
Opinions about 'Mania are all over the map, but I'm excited about it. I usually am pretty hopeful about any of the big shows, though.

If there's a problem, it's that I'm SO excited for Bryan/Kofi and Becky/Charlotte/Ronda that I keep forgetting other matches exist.

altoon

• +12/-5
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2019, 08:04:38 AM »
Those are the only 2 matches i'm interested in

Riv1

• +78/-1066
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2019, 08:40:33 AM »
I’m interested in them, too, just not super excited.

This is WRESTLEMANIA. I should be super pumped but i’m not.

Propeus The Fallen

• +37/-6
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2019, 01:55:58 AM »

Before I begin, I’d like to give some major props to Jinder Mahal. You’ve done things that have amazed me: tanking Smackdown’s ratings while you were champ, killing Nakamura’s WWE career all while botching your own finisher, and you actually managed to make Ricochet boring. But Monday…you managed to work a lengthy chinlock spot in a just over two minute match. I mean, I used to think only someone like Tamina could reach this level of total failure and suck, but you have exceeded expectations.

Women’s battle royal for some stupid trophy: Yep. Preshow. Pretty much we got everyone not important in the women division in this match. Yeah, I’d like to believe Asuka is better than this, and she is, but check out last night. She just lost her title last week and…she’s happy and dancing with her friends. Anyway, top contenders.

Asuka: Former women’s champion who doesn’t matter because she’s not Charlotte Flair. Also I'm pretty sure Vince thinks WWII is still going.

Naomi: A top contender? Sure, she won last year for some reason. But again not Charlotte so not very important.

Mandy Rose: While she’s not Charlotte she is blond, pretty, and only just nearly broke Asuka’s neck that one time.

Anyway, I’m guessing Mandy Rose wins after betraying Deville.

Andre the Giant Battle Royal:

Okay, I just want to say, poor Ali. The guy gets put in a bad situation and he works so damn great, he gets the fans to completely turn in his favor, he’s had great matches—so he gets punked out by Joe and he’s stuck in this. I miss when the WWE actually REWARDED wrestlers for their hard work or when they had to do something embarrassing. Speaking of having to do things embarrassing...

And you guys thought Braun teaming up with a kid to win the tag titles was the worse that could happen to him. But this is what he gets for being the last to arrive at work and the first to leave. How dare he do exactly what he’s supposed to do and not a bit more??

Anyway, the main story is Braun is mad at the two SNL update guys and wants to kill them. As for the others—who gives a crap. So yeah, the cherished memory of Andre the Giant fully respected.

Top contenders.

Braun Strowman: Another meaningless award. He can put it next to his Greatest Royal Rumble green belt if he wins.

Mustafa Ali: From the cruiserweight division to our heart. And am I the only one counting down to where he turns heel and hates America for some reason?

Matt Hardy: I don’t believe he’ll win, I just wanted to bitch about how we’re not back to boring Hardy instead of Woken Matt. I mean, sure Network hits were high for Woken Matt but Vince doesn't get it and if he don't get it none of us get it--in the other way.

Cruiserweight title match: Buddy Murphy vs. Tony Nese. I don’t know. I don’t watch the cruiserweights. I don’t know who the hell these guys are. Why should I care when their main belt can’t even break into a PPV. Not even Fastlane.

Hm, random thought. Maybe RAW used the cruiserweights and they had lengthy matches, we wouldn’t have to watch Jinder Mahal or Baron Corbin matches and maybe the show won’t suck as bad?

Yeah, but they’re small so that wouldn’t work. I don’t know what the hell I was thinking….

IC title match: The All-Mighty Black Brock vs. Finn “About damn time idiot” Balor.

Finally! He’s using he guaranteed to win gimmick! I swear, Finn has to be the stupidest person on the roster. He has a gimmick that guarantees a win—but it takes to damn long to put on the make-up so the heck with it?  So, Finn wins because he’s getting his invincible star.

Triple H vs. Batista No holds barred. (if Triple H loses he retires from in-ring competition).

My least favorite of all WM traditions, Triple H working his style match. Because no way is Batista not going to be rusty and need to be carried. Why is this match happening? Because Batista is angry at Triple H for reasons decades ago that he already got his revenge on and now wants to take it to another level:  REVENGEANCE.

Meanwhile, Triple H wants his win back.

They hate each other so damn much they can’t stand to be in the same arena while the other one talks for about fifteen minutes.

I’d like for this to be good like their hell in a cell match but it’ll probably be big move, lie around for about five minutes like Triple H’s craptastic match with UT, that some idiots actually liked. Seriously, they were only locking up for five minutes before they started lying on the mat like roadkil,l people.

Anyway, Triple H wins.

US title match: Samoa Joe vs. Rey Mysterio. This one might not happen because Rey got hurt in a match with Baron “why is he still being pushed?!” Corbin. But even then I just thought this match would be okay. If Rey’s hurt, it’ll be worse.

Winner Samoa Joe.

Women’s Fatal Four way for the women tag belts: Boss ‘n’ Hug connection vs. Stupid horrible Samoan workers vs. WTF are these two doing in a feature WM match, vs. Beth Phoenix and her boring friend.

This might be the most meaningless match ever booked on WM. You have a meaningless title being defended by the super bland champions against some of the worse wrestlers in the WWE and Beth Phoenix.

How the hell do the Iiconics get a WrestleMania match while ASUKA is stuck on the pres-show? How the hell is TAMINA allowed to wrestle on PPV? Why is Nia Jax being pushed so damn hard when she can’t talk, can’t wrestle, and injures people constantly? The only good thing about this match is Beth Phoenix and to get her, you’ve got to deal with Nattie being her usual bland boring self.

Y’know what, I’m going to make a list of Wrestlers who don’t deserve their spot on WrestleMania over Auska. We’ll see where we get by the end of this.

Oh, yeah, who wins: We’ll go with the bland tag team because, while they bore me and are overated, I do enjoy that they prove that Dr. Shelby is a great psychologist. And possibly the only person in WWE history good at his occupation.

Fatal Four way for smackdown tag titles: The Usos vs. The Bar vs Strong Rusev Day vs Ricochet and Allister Black.

The Usos dared to do the right thing and forfeited to help New Day win the gauntlet and get us one of the few matches on this card I care about. Alexa Bliss came out and made this match as punishment because—I guess she books matches now? Sure as hell can’t work a match.

And silly me, I though we’d get New Day vs. Usos opening WM, having their standard awesome match—but instead CLUSTER----!!! That’s not fair, this match will actually be good because, unlike the previous match, everyone in this match doesn’t suck or bore me. And I see the Usos winning. Mainly because I don’t see Ricochet and Black going to Smackdown. Smackdown doesn’t get nice things.

Kurt Angle vs. Baron Corbin. Kurt Angle’s last match—and the WWE picks Corbin? I’ll be damned. My hope is that John Cena takes out Corbin and has the match with Kurt, but that would be awesome and extravagant and WM is not the place for that. Plus, it would also be super stupid to not promote Cena for WrestleMania. This match should be one minute: Angle slam, ankle lock, tap out. But it’ll probably be fifteen minutes of every horrible Corbin match there has ever been.

Kurt wins because Corbin winning would make me cry.

Falls count anywhere match: Shane McMahon vs. The Miz. Yuck, Shane match. Is there really this strong fan base that demands Shane be in major PPVs?  Yeah, this match will connect with me like a Shane McMahon punch. But at least they shook up the dynamic and face Miz seems better than last face Miz. This is hard to predict because normally Face Shane always loses while Heel Shane always wins. But The Miz has his own reality tv show and that practically makes him Hulk Hogan. And you have Nikki Bella retiring (yeah, her heart and neck are broken, you monsters) I’ll go Miz winning after Shane tries to kill himself...again.

Roman Reigns vs Drew McIntyre. Drew wants to destroy The Shield and has been attacking Reigns. Reigns doesn’t like his friends being beaten or being kicked in the head repeatedly. This is easily the best storyline Roman has been in for the last six years.

Yeah, Drew is Roman’s sacrificial lamb as we start Roman Reigns mega push number 35. Should be hard hitting.

Universal Champion Android 17 vs

Vs…

Oh, wait the not as important Universal title match: Brock Lesnar vs Seth Rollins. Seth won the Royal Rumble and in between Heyman talking to him and Lesnar beating him up, he got a measure of revenge as he’s sick of Brock not caring about the WWE and not defending his title!

Yeah, Seth is losing and we’re getting Brock vs. Reigns at next year’s WrestleMania. Oh, we can bitch and moan all we like but it’s gong to happen. I like to think of this feud as the Hellraiser movies as they get worse and worse each sequel. Well, that’s not right—the first two Hellraiser movies were good.

AJ Styles vs. Randy Orton. Orton doesn’t respect Styles, Styles thinks Orton is undeserving of all he has been given. AJ Style is awesome and for some reason we have to have an Orton match at WM or the universe collapses upon itself.  This match will be good because you have AJ Styles who got a decent match out of Jinder and I think Orton will be motivated so he’ll actually try.

And has there ever been a high ranked star who has ever felt more like a midcarder than Orton? If it wasn’t for the RKO, he’s got nuthin’

I’ll go AJ Styles because Orton already hit the spring board elbow turned RKO Thursday night.

Winner tales all match: Becky “The Man” Lynch vs Rhonda “Rowdy” Rousey vs. Female Roman Reigns.

I swear to god, I was looking so forward to this match. I just wow Lynch vs. Rousey. Then the WWE did everything to make me not care about this match:

1.   Put in extra person.
2.   Lame injury angle
3.   abrupt and unexplained heel turn (Rousey surrendering the belt because of honor to deciding she hates the fans and attacks an injured Becky Lynch)
4.   McMahon involvement
5.   Stephanie being the reasonable face authority

And to those who go “Well, gee PTF der-der-der Charlotte make match better.” Yeah, and if you had put Macho Man in with Hogan and Andre that would have been better, but it would have been less memorable. Sometimes one on one is the best route.

Lynch should win—but I wouldn’t be surprised if the fans did what John Oliver wanted about chanting for healthcare for the wrestlers and Vince has Charlotte win just to be a spiteful ass. And he would do it. In cause you haven’t noticed, he’s a crazy, roided up, out of time old man with signs of dementia.

But I’ll still go with Lynch. And I'd like to point out how I was the one who always stuck up for her and told everyone if they gave her just 1/4th of Charlotte's push she'd be mega over.

Also that Aquaman would be better than Shazam. I knew that Billy Batson would be a little shit.

WWE Championship Daniel Bryan vs Kofi. Kingston.

Yeah, I don’t give a damn, the one match that actually had great build and booking is going to close this bitching overlong prediction post! Hell, this should be the main event just because you actually have a great story that has been built up.  And isn’t weird how The New Day always are over but when the WWE finally did something with them they became SUPER OVER. Raw bookers like, WHAU?

Anyway, Kofimania is running wild while evil hippie Bryan is trying to keep the fans new pick down. This will be the best match of the night and the crowd should be insane.

And here’s the thing: Kofi needs to win this match. He’s had to win gauntlet matches had the odds stacked against him. If he loses this, it just kills him.

So I’ll go Kofi.

And the list of people who shouldn’t be on this PPV over Asuka.

1.   Tamina
2.   Nia Jax
3.   Nattie
4.   Iiconic member
5.   IIconic member…what I fast forward anytime they talk or have a match. Can you blame me?
6.   Shane McMahon
7.   Triple H (You’re not Hogan, Stop pretending you’re more than what you are!)
8.   Baron Corbin.

And I’m being nice and not counting Baily and Banks!

Here’s the thing, I think a lot of wrestlers will go all out because it’s WM and—you don’t think they get tired of everyone saying Takeover is better? But that doesn’t excuse how you had maybe three matches with an actual build to them—and one of them was horrible and another was just really bland.

altoon

• +12/-5
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 05, 2019, 01:32:57 PM »
I have to admit Charlotte,Rhonda and Becky whole thing with the police was entertaining as hell and I loved it.

Riv1

• +78/-1066
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 05, 2019, 06:19:37 PM »
Other than that but, all the fun went out of that build up quickly.

therock

• +65/-65
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 07, 2019, 06:12:07 PM »
watching the kick off

Can't help but think the tag team titles need to be merge. I give zero shits about this raw match

therock

• +65/-65
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 07, 2019, 07:27:51 PM »
The nightmare over

For now

therock

• +65/-65
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 07, 2019, 07:57:31 PM »