Herochat

Best heel/face runs

Riv1

• +78/-1066
    • View Profile
Best heel/face runs
« on: March 18, 2019, 06:13:43 PM »
Not initial turns, but actual runs to follow up.

Some wrestlers can do both heel/face so well its amazing, and many get multiple runs in each category.

So what i’m asking for are, pick a wrestler and give us what you think is his/her best/most iconic/definitive (whatever got you most excited) turn as both heel and face.
Be specific if you can.

I’ll start w. HBK.
When he turned heel and broke up the Rockers Brutus Beefcake’s Barbershop in 1992, not only was the turn awesome (superkick through the window) but he followed up w. a defining run.

He just blossomed as a singles star win or lose. He put on great match after great match and left his old persona in the dust.
I wish i could have seen more of it but i joined the Army around that time and lost track of wrestling.

His best face run for me was coming back from forced retirement, w. his back hopefully healed up, and taking on HHH (unsanctioned) at Summerslam in ‘02. 

Watching him go to the outside from the top rope, and sell everything HHH did to him, i was legit hoping he wouldnt die.
He followed up by beating Trips at Elimination Chamber a few months later, getting the world title for the first time since ‘98. Epic feel great comeback story face run.

Next...:
« Last Edit: March 18, 2019, 06:47:23 PM by Riv1 »

HalloweenJack

• +43/-10
  • Rowdy AF
    • View Profile
Re: Best heel/face runs
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2019, 04:58:48 PM »
For me I think Triple H's best heel run was probably after he turned on DX and joined the Corporation. It took a few months to get going, but once he went for it and became 'The Game' I thought his heel run there was fantastic.

Facewise, I'm not so sure when.

Riv1

• +78/-1066
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2019, 06:54:25 PM »
^^^Good choice.
Face run IS hard to pin down. He’s always more memorable as a heel.

HalloweenJack

• +43/-10
  • Rowdy AF
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2019, 08:16:54 PM »
I mean in DX as a face....he was just kinda there

2002 when he came back from his injury, he was pretty good, but it kind came at the expense of Jericho, and it was kind of a short run

I guess his 2006 and beyond face run, just for sheer length. He was a face for a LONG time there, though people seemed to universally despise the DX reunion. I didn't mind it TBH, but it was what it was.

Riv1

• +78/-1066
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2019, 11:38:51 PM »
I thought of those too, but like you said, he was just kinda there (for all of them imo, plus by the time DX roled around again, it was hard to buy, as he was in charge of things).
Trips’ face runs felt more like time in between herl runs. Nothing really special.