Herochat

Movie Wonder Woman vs. Movie Captain Marvel (Spoilers ahead)

fangirl101

• +37/-58
  • Didn't see Wonder Woman yet so no spoilers BITCHES
    • View Profile
Re: Movie Wonder Woman vs. Movie Captain Marvel
« Reply #30 on: March 13, 2019, 07:25:56 PM »
Thor, Hulk, and Superman are likely the only heroes who could even affect Captain Marvel. She's far stronger and faster than Diana.

Wonder Woman will have to stick to being stronger in the comics.
Let's see how fast Diana is in WW 1984 when the main villian is a Flash like character. Snd of course DC will just give Diana strength feats to exceed CM since Diana is the premier female comics ICON. They won't let this terrible mockery of comics Hierarchy to stand.

Diana has met up with characters who are Flash-like.  One was Superman and the other was Flash.  She was slower than both.

To be fair, Carol only has flight speed and not superhuman reflexes.  Not that it matters as Carol can still batter Diana around with blasts form a distance or swoop in and beat her down with superior strength.

Can you show any energy blast in any movie getting past her shields? And how does Carol do having her energy folded back on her?

AP

• +132/-56
    • View Profile
Re: Movie Wonder Woman vs. Movie Captain Marvel
« Reply #31 on: March 13, 2019, 07:34:43 PM »
Thor, Hulk, and Superman are likely the only heroes who could even affect Captain Marvel. She's far stronger and faster than Diana.

Wonder Woman will have to stick to being stronger in the comics.
Let's see how fast Diana is in WW 1984 when the main villian is a Flash like character. Snd of course DC will just give Diana strength feats to exceed CM since Diana is the premier female comics ICON. They won't let this terrible mockery of comics Hierarchy to stand.

Diana has met up with characters who are Flash-like.  One was Superman and the other was Flash.  She was slower than both.

To be fair, Carol only has flight speed and not superhuman reflexes.  Not that it matters as Carol can still batter Diana around with blasts form a distance or swoop in and beat her down with superior strength.

Can you show any energy blast in any movie getting past her shields? And how does Carol do having her energy folded back on her?

As has been proven in the past, Diana does not redirect energy back on to people.  That only happened once when she was in God Killer Mode.

Re: Movie Wonder Woman vs. Movie Captain Marvel (Spoilers ahead)
« Reply #32 on: March 14, 2019, 06:18:18 AM »
So Carol stomps?

AP

• +132/-56
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 14, 2019, 06:58:47 AM »
So Carol stomps?

I can see Diana pulling out about 3/10.  She is a better fighter and I'm no sure how well Carol can stand up to her sword.  In fact, Carol's durability is still a bit of a mystery.  She fell to Earth twice but otherwise never took any major attacks.

Sick Nick

• +10/-2
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 14, 2019, 08:06:29 AM »
So Carol stomps?

I can see Diana pulling out about 3/10.  She is a better fighter and I'm no sure how well Carol can stand up to her sword.  In fact, Carol's durability is still a bit of a mystery.  She fell to Earth twice but otherwise never took any major attacks.

I doubt this'll come out in the movie but for me, in the comics Carol's durability (and Rogue's, after she took Carol's powers) was much more impressive than her strength.
Hyrkanian Badass

He'll be buying drinks all night then.

nu-safado

• +6/-1
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 14, 2019, 08:46:11 PM »
I think Diana is being sold short

She is a warrior through and through and in the movies, the bracelets are very very effective against energy attacks. She could get close and win through skill, speed and strength -flight is a problem but I think this Diana can do a lot