Re: Jason Voorhees VS 2 Kodiak Bears
« Reply #16 on: March 13, 2019, 11:17:38 PM »
He went into the toxic waste in New York

Negashen

• +2/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 14, 2019, 03:55:31 AM »
Cool topic of discussion, but I honestly think one kodiak bear would be an uphill battle, two of them is out of the question, Jason gets fucking mauled, badly. Now, if you include the comics (that give Jason some higher level cartoony strength feats) that tie-in with the movie-verse...Jason has a better fighting chance against two, maybe.

Red Exodus

• +15/-23
  • The one you've been smashing for!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 14, 2019, 11:39:45 AM »
But leads to the heart eating insanity that HJ mentioned earlier

Unless there's any evidence that it would effect animals, I don't buy it happening here.

HalloweenJack

• +43/-10
  • Rowdy AF
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 14, 2019, 05:11:29 PM »
I don't see why it wouldn't. It's a vessel of meat just like any other.

Red Exodus

• +15/-23
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 14, 2019, 08:03:56 PM »
More often than not, curses and things of that nature don't affect animals the same as
they do humans.

Its why in most zombie fiction, not every animal gets turned into a zombie if bitten by
a zombie, or why zombies mostly go after humans, despite animals having meat as well.

That and again, unless there's anything in the films that contradict this (hint : there isn't),
there's no reason to think this would happen. There's 0 evidence to support it.

HalloweenJack

• +43/-10
  • Rowdy AF
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 14, 2019, 08:23:43 PM »
There's zero evidence disproving it. You can't go around throwing out things you see in other movies that are unrelated to the F13/Jason franchise as proof. I mean you're using zombies (and chemical zombies at that from the sounds of it) that spread infection by a bite as an example here. Jason's not that kind of revenant.

Mightily Oats

• +80/-582
  • Master of Fagnetism
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 14, 2019, 09:57:04 PM »
I'm more inclined to think it would happen than not happen, but there isn't ultimately a way to say definitively in either case.

It is a horrifying visual, though, even if the mask would look a bit funny.

Red Exodus

• +15/-23
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 15, 2019, 01:48:51 AM »
There's zero evidence disproving it. You can't go around throwing out things you see in other movies that are unrelated to the F13/Jason franchise as proof. I mean you're using zombies (and chemical zombies at that from the sounds of it) that spread infection by a bite as an example here. Jason's not that kind of revenant.

Yeah but you equally can't go around saying things will definitely happen with zero evidence either. Either
you've got something concrete that says "Yes, this can totally happen", or you have nothing.

Bringing up a "what if" is fine, so long as you state it loud and clear that its subjective only, and you're not
actually trying to make a case for it. For debates, we go with facts, and there's no facts that say a bear
eating Jason will somehow make Jason possess a bear. So sorry, if you're arguing for it, you've got nothing
to support that.

Gree

• +46/-7
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 15, 2019, 01:06:58 PM »
Composite Jason?

Not BAMF

• +23/-15
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 15, 2019, 02:08:16 PM »
There is 100% evidence that eating Jason's heart turns you into Jason.

There is 0% evidence that bears are somehow immune to this.

If anything, we err on the side of what has been shown, which is that it would likely effect bears.

To argue otherwise is the whole "Well, we don't have any proof that Superman can be affected by Scarlet Witch, so I assume he can't" ordeal.

-K-M-

• +14/-4
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 15, 2019, 02:15:40 PM »
Are these bears canadian? As per the law, as established in the “We the North Charter” of 2016 I will dump a whole respect thread up in here!!!!

(I know their from Alaska)
« Last Edit: March 15, 2019, 02:27:53 PM by -K-M- »

HalloweenJack

• +43/-10
  • Rowdy AF
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 15, 2019, 05:03:53 PM »

Yeah but you equally can't go around saying things will definitely happen with zero evidence either. Either
you've got something concrete that says "Yes, this can totally happen", or you have nothing.

Bringing up a "what if" is fine, so long as you state it loud and clear that its subjective only, and you're not
actually trying to make a case for it. For debates, we go with facts, and there's no facts that say a bear
eating Jason will somehow make Jason possess a bear. So sorry, if you're arguing for it, you've got nothing
to support that.

Is Jason's spirit can possess computers, then it can possess a bear.

Jason X. After KM blows Jason to bits and the nanite machine starts up, it's due to Jason's spirit. If you look the computer screens are even trying to abort, but Jason's spirit is overriding them.

WORD OF GODDED by James Isaac and Todd Farmer that it's Jason taking them over to rebuild his body.

Now I know, you'll say it's not continuity, but I won't hold that and your backwards 1860s "Bears can't be possessed" frame of mind against you. It's just how you were raised.   :P
« Last Edit: March 15, 2019, 05:52:49 PM by HalloweenJack »

Negashen

• +2/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 15, 2019, 05:48:21 PM »
Jason demonic possession is supernatural (duh) in nature, I don't think being an animal makes you immune to such. A Jason possessed kodiak bear is pretty scary to think about though.

-K-M-

• +14/-4
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 15, 2019, 06:34:29 PM »