Herochat

So what is your current/updated MCU films ranking?

Riv1

• +78/-1066
    • View Profile
Re: So what is your current/updated MCU films ranking?
« Reply #15 on: March 11, 2019, 11:40:41 PM »
Honestly, I can't say I've really disliked any of the MCU movies. Some I like way better than others, but I don't hate anything.
Same, so i went w. different brackets.

anyways, for me.....no particular order but what bracket they'd be in
I did that too, just by bracket, NPO.

Panthergod

• +49/-87
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 12, 2019, 12:13:54 AM »
Civil War didn't "undo" any character progression. It furthered it. Neither Tony nor Steve are in the same position/frame of mind as their first films.

You'd have to be a serious idiot to not see this. Its LAUGHABLE how fanboys want characters to not evolve at times.

AP

• +132/-56
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 12, 2019, 06:06:59 PM »
GREAT:
Winter Soldier
Civil War
Guardians of the Galaxy
Infinity War
Black Panther

REALLY GOOD:
Iron Man
Avengers
Thor
Captain America: First Avenger
Guardians of the Galaxy Vol 2
Spider-Man: Homecoming
Thor Ragnarok

OKAY:
Iron Man 2
Ant Man
Avengers: Age of Ultron
Ant Man & Wasp

MEH:
The Incredible Hulk
Iron Man 3
Thor Dark World
Dr Strange
Captain Marvel

Even the "meh" movies have things that I liked in them.  I have yet to fully hate an MCU movie.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2019, 07:01:48 PM by AP »

HalloweenJack

• +43/-10
  • Rowdy AF
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 12, 2019, 07:58:24 PM »
I like how everybody has different feelings on all the movies, but nobody here seems to outright hate any MCU movies.

Well, sure RIV

NeoGreenLantern

• +99/-23
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 12, 2019, 08:02:12 PM »
I've been looking for a moment to sit at my comp and think this through. But yeah even my least favorite (Dark World) I still find enjoyable.

Kallor

• +8/-1
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 12, 2019, 08:10:18 PM »
I like how everybody has different feelings on all the movies, but nobody here seems to outright hate any MCU movies.

It really is fascinating how far apart some are.  It makes sense, though, because I think there is an element for comic fans watching these movies that is absent in general audiences opinions.  They walk in already liking some characters and disliking others.  Winter Soldier may be an objectively better movie than The Incredible Hulk, for example, but Italy's gamma congregation is probably going to like the Hulk movie more.

HalloweenJack

• +43/-10
  • Rowdy AF
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 12, 2019, 08:57:23 PM »

It really is fascinating how far apart some are.  It makes sense, though, because I think there is an element for comic fans watching these movies that is absent in general audiences opinions.  They walk in already liking some characters and disliking others.  Winter Soldier may be an objectively better movie than The Incredible Hulk, for example, but Italy's gamma congregation is probably going to like the Hulk movie more.

I hear ya. If you look at mine, you generally see that team movies/ensemble casts tend to be my favorites, because I like team-ups and big event style things.

Bran Mak Morn

• +17/-15
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 12, 2019, 09:11:11 PM »

Hate is a strong word to use but I will admit I am bored with the standard formula they use for story telling.

And by bored I mean I have the patience to wait for dvd release & not be disappointed if I miss it on the big screen.

Riv1

• +78/-1066
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 12, 2019, 11:59:11 PM »

Well, sure RIV
Sorry man, but you’re mistaken.
I’ve never ever said i hated BP (the movie) I’ll just never watch it, as i dislike BP (the character), since he was turned into an asshole by writer after writer..
I feel/felt the same way way about Jamie Reyes Blue Beetle/Cyclops. I wouldnt watch any solo projects w. them, either.
Though i must admit Cyclops at least, has turned a corner since his return in the new UNCANNY X MEN book, so i’m cautiously optimistic.
BP is still an asshole though, and Reyes, though a nice kid, is never going to be Ted Kord.

AP

• +132/-56
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 13, 2019, 06:37:54 AM »

Well, sure RIV
I’ve never ever said i hated BP (the movie) I’ll just never watch it, as i dislike BP (the character), since he was turned into an asshole by writer after writer..
I feel/felt the same way way about Jamie Reyes Blue Beetle/Cyclops. I wouldnt watch any solo projects w. them, either.
Though i must admit Cyclops at least, has turned a corner since his return in the new UNCANNY X MEN book, so i’m cautiously optimistic.
BP is still an asshole though, and Reyes, though a nice kid, is never going to be Ted Kord.

The movie version is a much nicer guy and is more along the lines of the old school, noble warrior guy.

Riv1

• +78/-1066
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 13, 2019, 07:28:37 AM »
Thats cool.
They need more of that in the comics. Him in the AVENGERS book is the worst part of reading that for me.
Anyway, my point was, never have i said i hated the movie!

Panthergod

• +49/-87
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 13, 2019, 08:18:38 AM »
Riv would much rather prefer the white liberal ideal of a Black man than one redefined by a Black man  to be more competent with his own agenda that doesn't subtextually beg for white acceptance like he has he's whole life. Makes sense.

HalloweenJack

• +43/-10
  • Rowdy AF
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 13, 2019, 11:53:51 AM »

Well, sure RIV

was joke

NeoGreenLantern

• +99/-23
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 13, 2019, 03:42:35 PM »
Thats cool.
They need more of that in the comics. Him in the AVENGERS book is the worst part of reading that for me.
Anyway, my point was, never have i said i hated the movie!

Did you watch Civil War? His PB persona is closer to how he is at the end of the movie then at the beginning.

Riv1

• +78/-1066
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 13, 2019, 05:55:42 PM »

Well, sure RIV

was joke
It wasnt funny, man! [iron eyes cody]  :'( [/iron eyes cody]