Meet The Skrulls

HalloweenJack

• +43/-10
  • Rowdy AF
    • View Profile
Meet The Skrulls
« on: March 09, 2019, 12:17:48 PM »
Anyone else read this?

Basically about a family unit of Skrulls infiltrating Earth.

Pretty decent so far

Riv1

• +78/-1066
    • View Profile
Re: Meet The Skrulls
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2019, 12:44:08 PM »
Is it?
I skimmed through it and it seemed okay. Who are the antagonists?

NeoGreenLantern

• +99/-23
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2019, 01:20:48 PM »
Sounds like anti-Trump propaganda

ProjectCornDog

• +16/-14
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2019, 01:27:40 PM »
Don't be mad that Captain Marvel sucked Neo, maybe after the Russo brothers fix her, then her sequel might have promise.

Haven't read the book but sounds potentially interesting. What's their mission or are they just trying to live on the planet?

Riv1

• +78/-1066
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2019, 02:41:47 PM »
Ooookay.

HalloweenJack

• +43/-10
  • Rowdy AF
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2019, 02:44:33 PM »
they're definitely on a mission that's slowly being revealed and they have someone hunting down and killing Skrulls.

They're a family, but also a military unit. The Dad is a Throneworld Skrull and he and the wife have tension between them because she's from another Skrull colony (they were only placed together because he would be capable of baring plenty of strong offspring), and a few kids: one of which is dead, another is a pretty ideal Skrull manipulating people at school, and the main character seems to be going native as she was born on Earth.

Dad works for Stark industries and the mother for a senator, and routinely uses her shapeshifting abilities for blackmail (like one of the senator's enemies being caught in a motel room with a woman that's not his wife and his people wondering how she managed to get those pics....she was the woman)

MTL76

• +1138/-119
  • Knives in the senate house?
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2019, 03:31:08 PM »
I think it's a really interesting idea, though the dialogue is a bit heavy-handed.

Minority Shareholder, Combine Honnete Ober Advancer Mercantiles (CHOAM)

The Create A Team / Power Set Combo Compendium

HalloweenJack

• +43/-10
  • Rowdy AF
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2019, 03:33:37 PM »
yeah. i kinda hope they twist it that Ivy (the supposed dead daughter) is actually taking the place of Alice, who was the ideal daughter to them, but Ivy can't replace her

It'd be a nice inversion of expectations

edit: D'ast it all, I mean subversion.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2019, 04:53:28 PM by HalloweenJack »

MTL76

• +1138/-119
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2019, 03:39:18 PM »
yeah. i kinda hope they twist it that Ivy (the supposed dead daughter) is actually taking the place of Alice, who was the ideal daughter to them, but Ivy can't replace her

I think it would be cool for them to flesh these characters out instead of making them one-note villains. Kind of like how this subject matter was handled in Invincible or The Americans.

AP

• +132/-56
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 09, 2019, 03:59:27 PM »
That sounds interesting.

HalloweenJack

• +43/-10
  • Rowdy AF
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 09, 2019, 04:21:19 PM »

I think it would be cool for them to flesh these characters out instead of making them one-note villains. Kind of like how this subject matter was handled in Invincible or The Americans.

I think they're already doing it pretty well. The dad seems conflicted at least based on what higher ups are telling him about Alice, and there's that scene of him just sitting there in silence, crying at the picture of his family in happier days

Riv1

• +78/-1066
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 09, 2019, 04:48:32 PM »
Ah, NOW i’m interested. Thanks for the heads up HJ.

Uhtceare

• +35/-10
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 09, 2019, 04:59:20 PM »
they're definitely on a mission that's slowly being revealed and they have someone hunting down and killing Skrulls.

They're a family, but also a military unit. The Dad is a Throneworld Skrull and he and the wife have tension between them because she's from another Skrull colony (they were only placed together because he would be capable of baring plenty of strong offspring), and a few kids: one of which is dead, another is a pretty ideal Skrull manipulating people at school, and the main character seems to be going native as she was born on Earth.

Dad works for Stark industries and the mother for a senator, and routinely uses her shapeshifting abilities for blackmail (like one of the senator's enemies being caught in a motel room with a woman that's not his wife and his people wondering how she managed to get those pics....she was the woman)

I thought Galactus ate the throneworld?

MTL76

• +1138/-119
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 09, 2019, 05:00:00 PM »

I think they're already doing it pretty well. The dad seems conflicted at least based on what higher ups are telling him about Alice, and there's that scene of him just sitting there in silence, crying at the picture of his family in happier days

Yeah, that was a good scene.

HalloweenJack

• +43/-10
  • Rowdy AF
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 09, 2019, 05:16:32 PM »

I thought Galactus ate the throneworld?

He did. But the father here was born on Throneworld and lived there for the bulk of his life before it was destroyed. They're seen as being a higher class of Skrull because of that by some and hated on by other Skrulls because they have the stigma of "oh they think they're SOO superior just because they're from Throneworld".