Herochat

Captain Marvel - spoilers inside

NeoGreenLantern

• +99/-23
    • View Profile
Re: Captain Marvel - spoilers inside
« Reply #30 on: March 08, 2019, 01:14:20 PM »
Are you telling me Ron Paul wouldn't support us intervening in genocide if we became unwilling part of the conflict?

ProjectCornDog

• +16/-14
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 08, 2019, 01:15:19 PM »
Are you telling me Ron Paul wouldn't support us intervening in genocide if we became unwilling part of the conflict?

Ron Paul isn't a pacifist but he's largely anti-war. His bare minimum requirements would be to have a vote and discussion/debate about it. Not to appoint someone as judge, jury, and executioner without anticipating any of the consequences.

NeoGreenLantern

• +99/-23
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 08, 2019, 01:19:23 PM »
Anyways I love that this movie didnt have a love interest. If I could remove any subplot from origin stories going forward it would be that.

ProjectCornDog

• +16/-14
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 08, 2019, 01:22:57 PM »
I will agree with that.

THE PROS:

-Nick Fury's incredible deaging. It just looked seamless. Never could I notice there was a CGI makeover on Sam's face.
-Captain Marvel's final suit with the helmet and mask looked dope.
-I agree with the no love interest. It's honestly surprising we had to wait this long to find an origin film that didn't force one.
-Acting was good. I never had an issue with Brie Larson's acting. She killed it in Skull Island.
-The way they depicted the Supreme Intelligence I thought was cool. The Kree Planet overall had a cool feeling to it and that opening sequence I thought was great.

The cons I had with the movie were listed.

NeoGreenLantern

• +99/-23
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 08, 2019, 01:24:53 PM »

Ron Paul isn't a pacifist but he's largely anti-war. His bare minimum requirements would be to have a vote and discussion/debate about it. Not to appoint someone as judge, jury, and executioner without anticipating any of the consequences.

So being anti-war is more complicated than just being anti-war. Also he didn't seem to worried abour anticipating any of the consequences when he voted for AUMF

altoon

• +12/-5
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 08, 2019, 01:25:25 PM »
Altoon, the scene where the Skrull was reunited with his family and children that were on the hidden ship on Earth's orbit and the Skrulls continued to explain there's more families like them separated. The cheeky line about borders by Captain Marvel soon after made it clear what they were referencing.

There were kids and parents together on the ship.

ProjectCornDog

• +16/-14
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 08, 2019, 01:27:55 PM »
Altoon, the scene where the Skrull was reunited with his family and children that were on the hidden ship on Earth's orbit and the Skrulls continued to explain there's more families like them separated. The cheeky line about borders by Captain Marvel soon after made it clear what they were referencing.

There were kids and parents together on the ship.

The dad was separated...that's why he was trying so hard to get on that ship. And then when elaborating, he talked about how there were many other skrull families like them separated.

NeoGreenLantern

• +99/-23
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 08, 2019, 01:28:59 PM »
Yeah there was only one person separate from his family and it was because he was trying to fix their issue. The people were scattered not because the Kree forced them into camps but because they had no home and hey had to scatter.

Like I said what happened to the Skrulls and the solution is much closer to a pro-Isreal argument than an anti-trump/pro-immigration. They literally go out of their way to say staying on Earth wouldn't solve anything.

« Reply #38 on: March 08, 2019, 02:36:14 PM »
I'm no Trump fan but if I had to venture a guess, this movie seemed like more of a rebuke of Western (especially American) foreign policy toward the Middle East in general. Even then, it's not a 1:1 comparison, it just seemed like more of what they were aiming for.

pittfox

• +5/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 08, 2019, 03:45:43 PM »
The trump thing is a stretch. I would most certainly say this movie is not trying to be political in any sense.

NeoGreenLantern

• +99/-23
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 08, 2019, 03:54:25 PM »
You really have to go out your way to loop this movie back to Trump.

Not BAMF

• +23/-15
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 08, 2019, 06:35:39 PM »
Have the neckbeard losers of the world started having a conniption fit that the movie turned Mar-Vell into a woman because I AM SO EXCITED FOR THAT.
https://gotstratosphere.com/2019/03/26/show-3-26-18-hulks-planet/ (Review of Planet Hulk! And a discussion on who would be the DC Illuminati?)

ProjectCornDog

• +16/-14
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 08, 2019, 07:04:08 PM »
Have the neckbeard losers of the world started having a conniption fit that the movie turned Mar-Vell into a woman because I AM SO EXCITED FOR THAT.

The only day that fans ever cared about Captain Mar-Vell was when he died. The MCU can take whatever liberties they want with him/her.

Gree

• +46/-7
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 08, 2019, 10:03:18 PM »
Feats

« Reply #44 on: March 08, 2019, 10:12:04 PM »
She can fly through spaceships unscathed