Herochat

Captain Marvel - spoilers inside

XerxesTWD

• +104/-27
  • You can't park here, buddy. Earth is closed today.
    • View Profile
Re: Captain Marvel - spoilers inside
« Reply #15 on: March 08, 2019, 12:10:08 PM »
Are you getting mad that I didn't like a film you like? Anti-war films don't end with war being the solution. Obviously she was against the Kree war.

No, I'm trying to figure out if you really watched the movie. You got a lot of details wrong for somebody claiming to have seen it. Like somebody else watched it and told you what happened.

ProjectCornDog

• +16/-14
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 08, 2019, 12:12:00 PM »
I don't agree with your 'clarifications'.  I believe you saw the movie but were you sober while you watched it?

NeoGreenLantern

• +99/-23
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 08, 2019, 12:13:56 PM »
Please feel free to quote me where I said DS's smile contest is a-ok. I will wait.

Also the Kree were already established as warmongers in Guardians and in Agents of Shield. The Kree have no respect for anyone that isn't Kee. Ronan the worst of the worst. So if you think Ronan blowing up Earth to get the Skrulls was over the top you should go catch up on whats already been established about the Kree.

XerxesTWD

• +104/-27
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 08, 2019, 12:14:53 PM »
I don't agree with your 'clarifications'.  I believe you saw the movie but were you sober while you watched it?
Definitely watched it sober. I don't get drunk in the middle of the week without a good excuse.

You probably disagree with me pointing out facts because they're from the movie though. I think if you saw it you'd understand where your analogies collapse entirely.

NeoGreenLantern

• +99/-23
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 08, 2019, 12:15:18 PM »
We already know whatever happens next ends the Krees warmongering. Its part of the plot of the Guardians.

ProjectCornDog

• +16/-14
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 08, 2019, 12:15:29 PM »
You know how people who supported World War 1 called it the war to end all wars? Were they anti-war?  Your perception is warped bro.

NeoGreenLantern

• +99/-23
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 08, 2019, 12:20:42 PM »
As warped as thinking a single person telling a group of people they are going stop them from anymore genocide as a pro-war act? I don't think so.

ProjectCornDog

• +16/-14
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 08, 2019, 12:28:21 PM »
Intervening in galaxies far away to stop genocides may be morally justified, but it isnt anti-war.

Giving Nick Fury a hacked phone because she became a hacker inbetween no told storyline to call her for emergenies (battle) isnt anti war.

And again, shes justified but it wasnt anti war. What about the Kree planet after she overthrows them? How many people does she plan on killing? Civillian casualties? Are there any innocence? Whose to judge? Did she consult with other planetary bodies and get a consensus?

Justified, but not anti war.

XerxesTWD

• +104/-27
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 08, 2019, 12:38:37 PM »
Intervening in galaxies far away to stop genocides may be morally justified, but it isnt anti-war.

Giving Nick Fury a hacked phone because she became a hacker inbetween no told storyline to call her for emergenies (battle) isnt anti war.

And again, shes justified but it wasnt anti war. What about the Kree planet after she overthrows them? How many people does she plan on killing? Civillian casualties? Are there any innocence? Whose to judge? Did she consult with other planetary bodies and get a consensus?

Justified, but not anti war.
What? Coupling this with your last post is painting an odd picture of how your brain connects information.

ProjectCornDog

• +16/-14
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 08, 2019, 12:44:48 PM »
Once again, an assertion without an argument.

A bad movie can involve a morally justified revenge story, although from an anti-war perspective (which is what you claim this movie is), there are many things wrong with it. It's morally justified to intervene, but maybe not in the manner Captain Marvel did.

Let's say this was a real world scenario. I wouldn't be happy knowing super humans were going around the galaxy overthrowing planets and regimes without expecting unintended consequences, especially without any type of oversight from literally anyone. Could that result in other interstellar nations wanting to intervene in Earth? Who knows because Carol Danvers doesn't have to ask anyone.

XerxesTWD

• +104/-27
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 08, 2019, 12:52:37 PM »
Once again, an assertion without an argument.

A bad movie can involve a morally justified revenge story, although from an anti-war perspective (which is what you claim this movie is), there are many things wrong with it. It's morally justified to intervene, but maybe not in the manner Captain Marvel did.

Let's say this was a real world scenario. I wouldn't be happy knowing super humans were going around the galaxy overthrowing planets and regimes without expecting unintended consequences, especially without any type of oversight from literally anyone. Could that result in other interstellar nations wanting to intervene in Earth? Who knows because Carol Danvers doesn't have to ask anyone.
You didn't actually make an argument. You just posted incoherent thoughts based on some really bad information you received.

ProjectCornDog

• +16/-14
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 08, 2019, 12:59:02 PM »
I'm sorry you're mad that I didn't like a movie you did and wrongly labelled it as anti-war in the process.

XerxesTWD

• +104/-27
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 08, 2019, 01:00:31 PM »
I'm sorry you're mad that I didn't like a movie you did and wrongly labelled it as anti-war in the process.
You can dislike whatever you want, but at least watch it first.

NeoGreenLantern

• +99/-23
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 08, 2019, 01:01:48 PM »
Most people who say they are anti-war they aren't talking about not intervening when nation's are committing genocide. They are talking about proactive attacks and warmongering.

Also a single person saying they are gonna stop genocide does not a war make. If some every single superhero is pro-war.

ProjectCornDog

• +16/-14
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 08, 2019, 01:03:55 PM »
I have the ticket to prove it although it's pretty clear no matter what I say or show, you won't accept my response because it's easier to categorize me as someone who wanted the movie to fail and lied about watching it.

The movie is neither a quality one nor an anti-war one. I'm sorry you think the only people who doesn't like it are those who didn't see it lol.

---

And Neo, that's objectively false. The entire anti-war movement in the GOP (unfortunately largely hindered by post-president Trump), largely revived by Ron Paul, focuses on blowback and unintentional consequences of war and the military industrial complex.