Herochat

Captain Marvel - spoilers inside

AP

• +135/-56
    • View Profile
Re: Captain Marvel - spoilers inside
« Reply #120 on: March 27, 2019, 09:42:15 AM »
What you don't like scenes of Superman starring at trapped people on their roof?

Hey the dude's gotta undress 'em with his X-ray eyes to consider who to save first!

His relationship with Lois makes so much more sense now.

HalloweenJack

• +43/-10
  • Rowdy AF
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: March 27, 2019, 04:18:42 PM »
Just got back from seeing it.

I thought it was a good movie. Well (Lee) paced, good action, good moments, and I honestly thought Brie Larson did a good job here.

Also I'm not certain, but I'm starting to suspect Safado may be a fan of this Superman guy.

nu-safado

• +7/-1
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: March 28, 2019, 01:50:12 AM »
I'd be so thrilled if they got Superman on film just right.

Grant Morrison works with someone who puts the ideas to script

I'm on the fence with Henry Cavill - looks the part, but I don't know if he has empathy as a human in real life or if he can fake it onscreen...... :(

Anyhow,

It's a good movie but it feels so forgettable and bland now that I've processed it. Brie Larson is a fantastic actress and she doesn't get to show much charm or charisma.

The only "unacceptable" part to me was how Fury lost his eye. That's Martha -level bad IMO

Fury deserved at least one true badass sequence where we see him becoming the unstoppable spy/soldier who apparently lost his eye to some horrific battle sacrificing himself to save the world, betrayed, double-crossed woue be unto his enemies.

Not the fucking cat

Thanos6

• +22/-17
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: March 31, 2019, 09:13:52 AM »
Finally got around to seeing it. Pretty good. I had fun. I do agree that I wish Carol had had more of a physical challenge; once she broke free of the Supreme Intelligence there didn't seem to be much tension.

Talos stole the show. Also Annette Bening did a great job as the Intelligence.

Looking forward to seeing Monica become Photon (whom I wish they had chosen to be the MCU's Captain Marvel to begin with).
Truten forever!

HalloweenJack

• +43/-10
  • Rowdy AF
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: April 03, 2019, 04:26:09 PM »
Well the detractors are still going on about it, with some of them trying to be all "Well I don't mind the movie personally....buuuuuut...."

They're still going on about Disney influencing things, collusion because Fandango owns RT, that Disney is paying to have it kept in more theaters than it should be in after a few weeks, and it hasn't made as much money as they said it has.

So just like some were bitching about Into the Spiderverse back in December
« Last Edit: April 03, 2019, 04:28:04 PM by HalloweenJack »

Whiskeyclone

• +9/-1
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: April 09, 2019, 12:39:50 PM »
Finally got around to seeing it. Pretty good. I had fun. I do agree that I wish Carol had had more of a physical challenge; once she broke free of the Supreme Intelligence there didn't seem to be much tension.

Talos stole the show. Also Annette Bening did a great job as the Intelligence.

Looking forward to seeing Monica become Photon (whom I wish they had chosen to be the MCU's Captain Marvel to begin with).

Agreed on more or less all of that, down to seeing it late (just this past Sunday). I'm not bothered that she didn't have someone to get into a big destructive throwdown with, and I like how they ever-so-briefly tease her having to hth beat Jude Law, which I guess it was implied would still be tough for her, but it was a bit weird that she didn't have any potential threats once she ditched the chip.

No strong feelings about it either way, but that just means it was the Marvel machine successfully cranking out another MCU origin movie.

Bran Mak Morn

• +18/-15
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: April 09, 2019, 08:19:03 PM »
but it was a bit weird that she didn't have any potential threats once she ditched the chip.

Personally I'm fine with that.

It adds more intrigue to however big or small her role is in EndGame.
"It's like trying to teach a pig to sing.
It won't work & you just end up annoying the pig."
-Judge Judy.

Sick Nick

• +10/-2
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: April 10, 2019, 12:22:04 PM »
So 'Captain Marvel' just topped raking in a billion dollars worldwide

Looks like Wonder Woman isn't the top superheroine around anymore.
Hyrkanian Badass

He'll be buying drinks all night then.