Herochat

Captain Marvel - No Spoilers

AP

• +132/-56
    • View Profile
Re: Captain Marvel - No Spoilers
« Reply #15 on: March 08, 2019, 10:38:04 AM »
The eye part was handled like the arm in Hot Tub Time Machine. I thought it worked.

Oh, well when you say it like that, it sounds fucking terrible.

ProjectCornDog

• +16/-14
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 08, 2019, 10:39:45 AM »
The eye part was handled like the arm in Hot Tub Time Machine. I thought it worked.

It was bad

80sBaby

• +35/-8
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 08, 2019, 11:20:13 AM »
Apparently the RT audience score is being review bombed. Almost 60K reviews in a day. Infinity War took almost a year to get that many, by contrast. People are weird.

altoon

• +12/-5
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 08, 2019, 11:44:11 AM »
Most likely ppl just hating on it.  As for the eye I like it simply because it not a way ppl expected.

ProjectCornDog

• +16/-14
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 08, 2019, 11:46:10 AM »
Apparently the RT audience score is being review bombed. Almost 60K reviews in a day. Infinity War took almost a year to get that many, by contrast. People are weird.

I was one of them

XerxesTWD

• +104/-27
  • You can't park here, buddy. Earth is closed today.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 08, 2019, 11:48:10 AM »

I can't recall the last superhero movie you even liked without some of Astro's vanilla seasoning.

AP

• +132/-56
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 08, 2019, 11:54:02 AM »

I can't recall the last superhero movie you even liked without some of Astro's vanilla seasoning.

I like the vast majority of them?

I mean, the last one I liked was Aquaman which was the last one I saw.

I liked Ant Man and Wasp which was the one I saw before that.

Before that was Infinity War which I LOVED.

Before that was Black Panther which I also really liked.

I'm actually trying to remember a superhero movie I hated.  I didn't think Justice League was good but I didn't hate it.  I honestly think Batman V Superman was the last one I could say I hated. Oh, I didn't like Suicide Squad.

XerxesTWD

• +104/-27
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 08, 2019, 11:55:12 AM »
Oh yeah, I'm thinking of all the X-Men ones you hated. Yet somehow you liked the first two.

AP

• +132/-56
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 08, 2019, 11:57:40 AM »
Oh yeah, I'm thinking of all the X-Men ones you hated. Yet somehow you liked the first two.

I think they are mediocre and overrated aside from X1, X2, the Deadpools, and Logan, yes.  Hate is a strong word, but I don't see the big appeal, either.  In fact, let's take a look at these movies I feel are mediocre.  We got X3, Apocalypse, and Origins which are generally not liked by most fans.  I share the consensus there.  First Class and DOFP are the only shockers, really.  Maybe The Wolverine?  I liked it up until the Silver Samurai/quasi-Iron Man stuff and the cheesy version of Madame Hydra but I remember a lot of people having an issue with those aspects.

It's kinda weird that you would claim I hate all superhero movies when it really boiled down to me not liking a single series all that much.  I mean, I dislike The Transformer series but are you going to now make a blanket statement that I hate all sci-fi movies?

Also, keep in mind that I haven't seen Captain Marvel yet so I might end up loving it aside from this one scene.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2019, 12:13:23 PM by AP »

XerxesTWD

• +104/-27
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 08, 2019, 12:56:12 PM »

I think they are mediocre and overrated aside from X1, X2, the Deadpools, and Logan, yes.  Hate is a strong word, but I don't see the big appeal, either.  In fact, let's take a look at these movies I feel are mediocre.  We got X3, Apocalypse, and Origins which are generally not liked by most fans.  I share the consensus there.  First Class and DOFP are the only shockers, really.  Maybe The Wolverine?  I liked it up until the Silver Samurai/quasi-Iron Man stuff and the cheesy version of Madame Hydra but I remember a lot of people having an issue with those aspects.

It's kinda weird that you would claim I hate all superhero movies when it really boiled down to me not liking a single series all that much.  I mean, I dislike The Transformer series but are you going to now make a blanket statement that I hate all sci-fi movies?

Also, keep in mind that I haven't seen Captain Marvel yet so I might end up loving it aside from this one scene.
It's kinda weird because I attributed something to you that was incorrect. Then I corrected it in the post you responded to.

The movie is good, but not as good as it can and should be.

Mightily Oats

• +80/-582
  • Master of Fagnetism
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 08, 2019, 12:57:21 PM »
So think of the most average Marvel movie there is.

Is this that movie?

XerxesTWD

• +104/-27
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 08, 2019, 12:59:56 PM »
So think of the most average Marvel movie there is.

Is this that movie?
Hmmm... Maybe. It has highs and lows, but I think that ranking wouldn't be far off.

Mightily Oats

• +80/-582
  • Master of Fagnetism
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 08, 2019, 01:04:51 PM »
I haven't seen either Ant Man, Spider-Man, Dr. Strange or Black Panther.

I probably won't be seeing this any time soon, either.

But the mixed responses to this seem to say it's probably the "worst" by virtue of merely being average.

And average is boring and boring is BAD

NeoGreenLantern

• +99/-23
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 08, 2019, 01:07:08 PM »
Yeah I'd say it's like the middle of the marvel movies

NeoGreenLantern

• +99/-23
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 08, 2019, 01:11:32 PM »
I haven't seen either Ant Man, Spider-Man, Dr. Strange or Black Panther.

I probably won't be seeing this any time soon, either.

But the mixed responses to this seem to say it's probably the "worst" by virtue of merely being average.

And average is boring and boring is BAD

Well id say it's in the middle of the marvel movies but when. You add in all super hero movies it's much higher.

Even the worst marvel movie, Thor the Dark World is still more enjoyable than most superhero movies.