Herochat

Best Documentaries Streaming?

Bran Mak Morn

• +17/-15
    • View Profile
Re: Best Documentaries Streaming?
« Reply #15 on: March 12, 2019, 06:30:50 AM »

The last experiment confirmed the curvature too.

I thought they had to give up on the last experiment as they couldn't fine tune the laser pointer over the distance they wanted..?

Yeah every time one of them got confronted with a flaw in their beliefs they just locked up and it was both sad and hilarious.

It was cringe worthy at the NASA museum...Sargeant's pushing the "start" icon on the simulation screen & boasts how it's broken or fake then the camera zooms down at the obvious Start Button right next to his seat.

I laughed at the classic deflection from Sergeant at the convention. The kid asks him how high the dome is over flat Earth & rather than answer the question, Sergeant conveniently pulls out a letter of praise to read to the crowd.

Clownprince23

• +2/-1
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 12, 2019, 06:48:09 AM »

I thought they had to give up on the last experiment as they couldn't fine tune the laser pointer over the distance they wanted..?

Yeah every time one of them got confronted with a flaw in their beliefs they just locked up and it was both sad and hilarious.

It was cringe worthy at the NASA museum...Sargeant's pushing the "start" icon on the simulation screen & boasts how it's broken or fake then the camera zooms down at the obvious Start Button right next to his seat.

I laughed at the classic deflection from Sergeant at the convention. The kid asks him how high the dome is over flat Earth & rather than answer the question, Sergeant conveniently pulls out a letter of praise to read to the crowd.

The last experiment they changed from a laser pointer to a flash light, and the posts to large sheets of plywood with holes cut out in them. The guy told him to hold the flashlight at about chest level and if the Earth was flat he would be able to see the light. If not, then to hold the light up, and if he saw the light, it would prove the Earth was curved. He starts with the light at chest level and the guy receiving keeps asking are you doing it, are you doing it, because he can't see it. Then says, alright hold it above your head,and sure enough the light comes into view. He just says interesting and it cuts to the credits.

Bran Mak Morn

• +17/-15
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 12, 2019, 09:44:43 AM »

The last experiment they changed from a laser pointer to a flash light, and the posts to large sheets of plywood with holes cut out in them. The guy told him to hold the flashlight at about chest level and if the Earth was flat he would be able to see the light. If not, then to hold the light up, and if he saw the light, it would prove the Earth was curved. He starts with the light at chest level and the guy receiving keeps asking are you doing it, are you doing it, because he can't see it. Then says, alright hold it above your head,and sure enough the light comes into view. He just says interesting and it cuts to the credits.

My bad.
Apparently I never watched it to the end credits.
I turned it off when Sergeant was wearing a tux & that horrible blue neon bowtie, reminiscing...I didn't realise they went back to the experiment afterwards.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2019, 09:54:10 AM by Bran Mak Morn »

NeoGreenLantern

• +99/-23
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 12, 2019, 10:39:13 AM »

I actually did learn something from that. I figured, at that distance, the difference would be minor like an inch at most. Something they would attribute to human error or changes in landscape