Herochat

Best Documentaries Streaming?

Bandido

• +10/-2
  • I can't let you do that Starfox.
    • View Profile
Best Documentaries Streaming?
« on: February 20, 2019, 01:56:25 AM »
Best on a Documentary kick lately. More than just Netflix, I thought this would be a good topic to recommend and share some cool documentaries for those interested in the genre.

Some recent hits:

"Redeemed and Dominant" - Look at the 2018 Crossfit Games from both male and female competitors. Complete with a PED scandal.
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt8144778/plotsummary?ref_=tt_ov_pl

"Bodyguards: Secret Lives From the Watchtower" 2018 - A look at personal bodyguard firms protecting the political and hollywood elite. Examines some of the top guards out there, and their selection and training process.
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt5773882/

"Ronnie Coleman: The King" 2018 - Retor appreciative view of Coleman's rise and story taking over the Olympia and the toll it took on his body to exist at the dimensions he acheived. I liked this one, Coleman has no regrets and it's comforting and endearing to see how fully willing he was to pay what it costs to be the best.

"Anderson Silva: Like Water" 2011 - Examines Silva, his family life, training life and relationship with the UFC. Knowing how long Silva fought and his fall at the hands of Weidman, it's sobering to look back at this doc and see how he was perceived in his prime.

Riv1

• +78/-1066
    • View Profile
Re: Best Documentaries Streaming?
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2019, 05:38:01 AM »
”Bodyguards: Secret Lives From the Watchtower"
This one sounds interesting.

NeoGreenLantern

• +99/-23
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2019, 10:14:12 AM »
One of the most bizarre docs I've seen in a while is Tickled. It's about a gay Australian reporter who normally does harmless odd fluff pieces coming across Competitive Tickling. What he thinks is just gonna be another harmless piece takes him down a wild rabbit hole.

Bandido

• +10/-2
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2019, 03:27:04 PM »
Lol Netflix?

NeoGreenLantern

• +99/-23
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2019, 03:57:30 PM »
Hbo

Bandido

• +10/-2
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2019, 02:04:43 AM »

Surprisingly tame. I was hoping for some stories about bodyguards possibly saving celebs from being the Next Tupac and Biggie, but it was more on the training and Pathos of the guards themselves.

AP

• +132/-56
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2019, 04:58:29 AM »
Lost Souls is a good doc that I saw on Netflix.  It was about the filming of the 90's Island of Dr Moreau movie and what all went wrong.  It's far more interesting than the movie we got.

NeoGreenLantern

• +99/-23
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2019, 04:37:49 PM »
Tickled is now on Hulu

NeoGreenLantern

• +99/-23
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2019, 05:18:56 PM »
I'm watching Behind The Curve a doc about flatearthers. I will let you guys know if letters shows up.

Bandido

• +10/-2
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 08, 2019, 08:29:07 PM »
Lol

First episode of the docu-series fight world. - Alright, definitely more about the pathos of the people competing than practicing than the history or technique of the art. First episode was Boxing in Mexico City.

NeoGreenLantern

• +99/-23
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 11, 2019, 11:31:14 AM »
So there is a dude in the flat Earth doc who makes these beautiful flat Earth models who looks like it might be letters but he seems too nice.

This doc is really good. I think it's as even handed you can get with that crowd without giving them the validity they don't deserve.

Bran Mak Morn

• +17/-15
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 11, 2019, 05:04:03 PM »
So there is a dude in the flat Earth doc who makes these beautiful flat Earth models who looks like it might be letters but he seems too nice.

This doc is really good. I think it's as even handed you can get with that crowd without giving them the validity they don't deserve.

I found the doc disappointing as it focussed more on the eccentricities of the flat Earthers themselves rather than their logic.

I liked how that one guy's experiment with the spinning top actually proved the earth was round & he told his fellow Flat Earther not to tell anyone else....on camera.

Other all the doc just focused on their social activities & the fact that there was individuals making a profit thru merchandise.

ProjectCornDog

• +16/-14
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 11, 2019, 05:54:31 PM »

Surprisingly tame. I was hoping for some stories about bodyguards possibly saving celebs from being the Next Tupac and Biggie, but it was more on the training and Pathos of the guards themselves.

Sounds lame  >:( was hoping it was gonna reveal a secret action packed life of a body guard

Clownprince23

• +2/-1
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 11, 2019, 09:48:09 PM »

I found the doc disappointing as it focussed more on the eccentricities of the flat Earthers themselves rather than their logic.

I liked how that one guy's experiment with the spinning top actually proved the earth was round & he told his fellow Flat Earther not to tell anyone else....on camera.

Other all the doc just focused on their social activities & the fact that there was individuals making a profit thru merchandise.

The last experiment confirmed the curvature too.

I also liked how the one lady was referencing all the conspiracies about her, and how people can become crazy and believe these things, then she pauses and wonders if she's doing the same thing, but then says nah, I'm to smart for that.

And then when they ask Mike Seargent about the world and community he's built up around himself, that if he found evidence of the curvature, how could he leave all that, and he basically says he couldn't.

NeoGreenLantern

• +99/-23
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 11, 2019, 10:10:17 PM »
Yeah every time one of them got confronted with a flaw in their beliefs they just locked up and it was both sad and hilarious.

Though whoever came up PatriCIA Steer being a government shill could easily be Letters