Herochat

How can shoes be blackface?

Tjackflash

• +6/-36
    • View Profile
Re: How can shoes be blackface?
« Reply #15 on: February 14, 2019, 05:55:28 AM »
    The on purpose for publicity thing makes sense. This may sound like a joke, but when was the last time you heard Katy Perry’s name connected with something good?
    She get’s more mentions for doing something stupid on Sesame Street or this shoe thing than she has for her music for a while now.  Hell, I only became aware of her from the song “I kissed a girl”. A bid for attention if ever there was one.
   Perry is a mediocre singer, she doesn’t write songs very well, all she’s got is the chance to draw a crowd by doing something crazy.  Lady Gaga used to be in the same boat before she went out of her way to show she had real talent.
'cause justice is the one thing you should always find.

Bran Mak Morn

• +17/-15
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 14, 2019, 06:38:25 AM »
Considering the shoes come in a variety colours & not just black...I'm more inclined to believe they're design inspiration was based on Picasso & modern art.

Having said that, they're still bloody ugly & I can't imagine there would be many women, even Perry fans who would find the design appealing. 

NeoGreenLantern

• +99/-23
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 14, 2019, 10:40:42 AM »
    The on purpose for publicity thing makes sense. This may sound like a joke, but when was the last time you heard Katy Perry’s name connected with something good?
    She get’s more mentions for doing something stupid on Sesame Street or this shoe thing than she has for her music for a while now.  Hell, I only became aware of her from the song “I kissed a girl”. A bid for attention if ever there was one.
   Perry is a mediocre singer, she doesn’t write songs very well, all she’s got is the chance to draw a crowd by doing something crazy.  Lady Gaga used to be in the same boat before she went out of her way to show she had real talent.

She just had a multi platinum album.

Riv1

• +78/-1066
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 14, 2019, 05:29:38 PM »
I agree w. you in principle, but, Katy Perry is fine as fuck so i forgive her faults.