Herochat

Guy teaches himself law to sue a gym for discrimination. Abuse of system or just

NeoGreenLantern

• +97/-23
    • View Profile
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/autistic-man-ketan-aggarwal-wins-case-virgn-active-taught-himself-law-instructor-called-him-stupid-a7652856.html

Tldr: guy with autism agrees with another person in class the music isn't fast enough. Instructor calls him stupid and then berates him after class. Guy tells the gym they do nothing. Guy learns the law and Sue's the gym and wins.

Now this is the only article I read on the case and I found it on Reddit. A lot of people in the comment section were calling the guy who sued the asshole. So I asked if there was more info in a other article that explains the instructors side. It no one had anything. So my question is, is the guy an asshole for sueing or did he do what needed to be done?

Personally if I had a solid case a business discriminated against me for any reason I'd sue so I don't see how this guy is an asshole.

therock

• +56/-65
    • View Profile
Not like he was banned him from the gym. They just got into a verbal fight

And wheelchair example does makes since. Since he comparing that to calling him stupid

Since a wheelchair guy can't walk. In order it to be a good comparison means this guy literally can't stop being stupid. Which clearly not true. He learn law

MTL76

• +1137/-119
  • "What if I know all your secrets, Your Eminence?"
    • View Profile
This isn't discrimination. This is a verbal altercation between two people. Should the employee be fired for calling the customer stupid? Certainly a possibility. But a lawsuit for hurt feelings is ridiculous.

Than again, this is the UK.

Minority Shareholder, Combine Honnete Ober Advancer Mercantiles (CHOAM)

The Create A Team / Power Set Combo Compendium

NeoGreenLantern

• +97/-23
    • View Profile

And wheelchair example does makes since. Since he comparing that to calling him stupid

Since a wheelchair guy can't walk. In order it to be a good comparison means this guy literally can't stop being stupid. Which clearly not true. He learn law

...he can't stop being autistic.

AP

• +129/-56
    • View Profile
This isn't discrimination. This is a verbal altercation between two people. Should the employee be fired for calling the customer stupid? Certainly a possibility. But a lawsuit for hurt feelings is ridiculous.

therock

• +56/-65
    • View Profile

[/quote

...he can't stop being autistic.

He probally didn't know he was Autistic and didn't banned him. Which is why he called him stupid. It wasn't his Autisim that cause the altercation. Instructer was probally being an asshole and said an asshole thing...because he was upset what the dude said

NeoGreenLantern

• +97/-23
    • View Profile
Unless calling someone stupid is discriminatory in a general sense I would assume he would have to prove the instructor new beforehand he was autistic and targeted.

therock

• +56/-65
    • View Profile
Unless calling someone stupid is discriminatory in a general sense I would assume he would have to prove the instructor new beforehand he was autistic and targeted.

Well not like judges never make shitty decisions. Namely in civil cases which don't have the same burdens if proof.

But even if he did, dude wasn't banned. At worst instructor just a huge asshole. austisim and stupid to different things. Some are very smart . Also depends where in the spectrum you are.

Bran Mak Morn

• +17/-15
    • View Profile
But a lawsuit for hurt feelings is ridiculous.

Worst things have happened in America over lesser incidents.

MTL76

• +1137/-119
  • "What if I know all your secrets, Your Eminence?"
    • View Profile
But a lawsuit for hurt feelings is ridiculous.

Worst things have happened in America over lesser incidents.

For sure... But we have the First Amendment. Get wrecked.

Minority Shareholder, Combine Honnete Ober Advancer Mercantiles (CHOAM)

The Create A Team / Power Set Combo Compendium