Rick Sanchez Vs Aku
« on: February 09, 2019, 09:14:46 AM »

Science or magic, who takes it.

AP

• +135/-56
    • View Profile
Re: Rick Sanchez Vs Aku
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2019, 09:18:37 AM »
Rick has a good record of taking down guys like aku.  I'm wondering what happens if Aku throws him through time, though.  We always see a box labeled "time machine stuff" in Rick's garage but Dan Harmon said something about not wanting to do time ravel on the show... or something?

Uhtceare

• +35/-10
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2019, 09:24:52 AM »
Mixing time-travel in with a show where they already routinely travel to alternate timelines would probably be too confusing for the audience. That said, we already know time-travel exists in Rick and Morty's universe, since the meatballheaded thing time-traveled, and those cursed shoes were capable of time-travel as well.

Almighty Tallest

• +4/-4
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2019, 09:45:03 AM »
Has Rick done anything that can permanently stop Aku? It took 3 Gods pooling their power and pouring it into Jack's sword to make a weapon capable of killing him. And that was done by weakening him enough with the sword to absorb him into the blade, then expelling him into the ground to kill him.

Not saying its impossible, but they made it very hard and specific to kill him.

AP

• +135/-56
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2019, 09:59:36 AM »
Mixing time-travel in with a show where they already routinely travel to alternate timelines would probably be too confusing for the audience. That said, we already know time-travel exists in Rick and Morty's universe, since the meatballheaded thing time-traveled, and those cursed shoes were capable of time-travel as well.

Those creatures lived outside a linear timeline, it's a bit different.

HalloweenJack

• +43/-10
  • Rowdy AF
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2019, 10:56:53 AM »
I figure even if Aku does throw Rick to another timeline, he's just going to pop back in a millisecond later and be all "Time travel? What kind of scrub bullshit is that?!"

Anyways, can Aku teleport across dimensions? Because I figure Rick could probably just portal him to another timeline.

Rick: Well, that's that.

Morty: W-w-what happened?

Rick: Sent him to timeline J37-H. He's got a whole different timeline to terrorize now.

Morty: B-But aren't there like people there?

Rick: Don't think about it Morty.

Morty: Ah jeez.

AP

• +135/-56
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2019, 11:16:36 AM »
I'm not saying Rick can't timetravel.  I figure he can just based on him being able to do just about everything.  I'm just not sure what that would entail.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2019, 02:29:17 PM by AP »

Riv1

• +78/-1066
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2019, 02:27:48 PM »
^^^oh, see what you’re saying.

And, damn if HJ didnt nail Rick’s mindset in his post!

Almighty Tallest

• +4/-4
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2019, 03:41:09 PM »
All of Aku's powers need to be taken into account as well. He's got like 20 when he feels like using them.

AP

• +135/-56
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 09, 2019, 04:24:36 PM »
All of Aku's powers need to be taken into account as well. He's got like 20 when he feels like using them.

Rick is surprisingly spry for an old dude and also has cybernetic parts.  He's the sort of guy who, even if he dies, he knows how to transfer his mind somewhere else as backup.  In fact, his original body was destroyed, so there's that.

Almighty Tallest

• +4/-4
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 09, 2019, 04:36:58 PM »

Rick is surprisingly spry for an old dude and also has cybernetic parts.  He's the sort of guy who, even if he dies, he knows how to transfer his mind somewhere else as backup.  In fact, his original body was destroyed, so there's that.

Oh yeah he has such extensive cybernetics in at least the one body with the arm cannon that he's classified as an illegal weapon. But Palpatinining to a clone body after the fact wouldn't help him win. He'd definitely survive, somehow. But he does need a way to win, which I'm not seeing too many of on a spur of the moment thing.

But for example, Aku's eye beams can easily vaporize a city. Or teleport a person. They're kinda like the Omega Beams but in a straight line and giant sized. Oh and he could shoot lightning beams too. And also control the elements. And teleport. Of course there's the time travel portal he used on Jack, which is a one way jump to wherever he sends you, so if Rick didn't have any time travel stuff on him, he'd have to make some as apparently the time travel thing has the side-effect of reducing your aging. Jack didn't age after 50 years.