therock

• +65/-65
    • View Profile
how would justice league be if snyder or Joss had full control
« on: February 08, 2019, 12:35:44 PM »
Lets say

Time change

one scenarion, synder has the movie to himself

Another Snyder never started the movie was fired after batman v Superman and Joss whendon had it all to himself

Tjackflash

• +6/-36
    • View Profile
Re: how would justice league be if snyder or Joss had full control
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2019, 10:20:51 PM »
  I’m admittedly a huge fan of Whedon, but he did a great job on Avengers.  I can’t see why he wouldn’t do the same with Justice League.
'cause justice is the one thing you should always find.

Uhtceare

• +35/-10
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2019, 11:50:29 PM »
If Whedon truly had the movie to himself, it would have been much better. Mind you, in order for him to have the movie under his control, you can't just boot Snyder early, you need the execs to have a much lighter hand. They clearly wanted the universe to move in a certain direction, and characterization was secondary to that. Just boot Snyder, and you've still got a lot of execs clearly wanting certain set-pieces in the movie. That as much as the multiple directors was responsible for the mess the movie was. You can feel the moments when execs were going, "okay, we need to happen somehow, then that, then that". You can feel how the movie is a list of things the execs wanted to happen, clumsily stitched together.

MTL76

• +1141/-119
  • Knives in the senate house?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2019, 12:21:46 AM »
Yeah, Whedon was amazing on Avengers. Based on nothing else but that, he’d be a major improvement.

Minority Shareholder, Combine Honnete Ober Advancer Mercantiles (CHOAM)

The Create A Team / Power Set Combo Compendium

Not BAMF

• +23/-15
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2019, 03:41:54 PM »
I'm so used to the #ReleaseTheSnyderCut on Twitter following talking about how Zack is a movie god and Whedon and WB ruined JLA. I'm pleasantly surprised to remember they are just a moronic minority.
https://gotstratosphere.com/2019/04/16/show-4-16-19-hellish-boy/ (Best and worst comic shop experiences! And a review of 5 Minute Marvel)

HalloweenJack

• +43/-10
  • Rowdy AF
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2019, 05:30:58 PM »
in Bizarro World minority is majority!

Or is that....out Bizarro World minority is not majority?

at any rate, it's hard to say but I'd have to imagine just based on other things Whedon's JL would have been better. It's like he gets actual story dynamics, characters and the like. it's probably safe to say he's the reason Superman acted like ya know...Superman.. in JL. And it wouldn't feel as bloated.

therock

• +65/-65
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2019, 07:06:36 PM »
If Whedon truly had the movie to himself, it would have been much better. Mind you, in order for him to have the movie under his control, you can't just boot Snyder early, you need the execs to have a much lighter hand. They clearly wanted the universe to move in a certain direction, and characterization was secondary to that. Just boot Snyder, and you've still got a lot of execs clearly wanting certain set-pieces in the movie. That as much as the multiple directors was responsible for the mess the movie was. You can feel the moments when execs were going, "okay, we need to happen somehow, then that, then that". You can feel how the movie is a list of things the execs wanted to happen, clumsily stitched together.

Well not just interference

Pretty sure marvel don't let directors run wild as seen with any man and iron man 2. But it changing  things when a movie near done
Batman vs superman to dark

Ok let's change that on DC movie that SHOULD be dark since squad around, cut out tons if , do expensive reshoots where it need to make 600 to 700 million to break even, and make joker and Harley the most functional couple in comic

Oh shit Harley popular let's do 8 Harley movies. Make her the heads of birds if prey. Fuck Barbra gordon. Affleck not in where rebooting batman, surely we can't just hire another actor

MTL76

• +1141/-119
  • Knives in the senate house?
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2019, 07:22:42 PM »
Whedon seems really good at balancing character interactions and relationships with action, humor with drama, and storytelling with World Building (TM). A superhero team movie is right up his alley.

Minority Shareholder, Combine Honnete Ober Advancer Mercantiles (CHOAM)

The Create A Team / Power Set Combo Compendium

Bandido

• +10/-2
  • I can't let you do that Starfox.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2019, 02:53:23 AM »
Whedin doesn't have the variety Snyder does. All his characters live in this world of juggled-awkward-snide dialogue. Where everything monstrous is subverted by a comment to enlighten the mood. His characters all behave and act pretty much the same.

Snyder for all the flack he gets, at least had a vision that didn't pander to the tentpole checklist.

INDRA THUNDERER

• +5/-5
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2019, 03:31:15 AM »
Whedin doesn't have the variety Snyder does. All his characters live in this world of juggled-awkward-snide dialogue. Where everything monstrous is subverted by a comment to enlighten the mood. His characters all behave and act pretty much the same.

Snyder for all the flack he gets, at least had a vision that didn't pander to the tentpole checklist.
And yet his vision SUCKED!MOS,BVS,& JLA all underperformed!His characterizations were terrible!

Bran Mak Morn

• +18/-15
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 12, 2019, 06:56:55 AM »

And yet his vision SUCKED!MOS,BVS,& JLA all underperformed!His characterizations were terrible!

I may be biased because I do like Snyder's films.

All I ever saw with MOS, BVS & JLA was too much studio interference wanting profit over creativity.
They focussed too much on trying to match Marvel & suffered in the process.
"It's like trying to teach a pig to sing.
It won't work & you just end up annoying the pig."
-Judge Judy.

ProjectCornDog

• +17/-14
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 12, 2019, 11:09:07 AM »
Kevin Smith actually answered how it would have been if it was entirely Snyder.

The Justice League was going to be separated and defeated, and then at a boom tube would allow Darkseid to see them and for them to see Darkseid and that's how it ends. The dream sequences in Batman V Superman was foreshadowing the end of Justice League.

I hated Batman V Superman but I would have preferred that Justice League much more than the cliche, predictable plot we got.

INDRA THUNDERER

• +5/-5
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 12, 2019, 11:27:02 AM »
. The dream sequences in Batman V Superman was foreshadowing the end of Justice League.

This was the best part of the damn movie,along with WW.JLA was awful from start to finish,& no Snyder cut is changing that,in fact it would be worse as Superman would've been still in MOS/BVS mode.. ::)

therock

• +65/-65
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 12, 2019, 11:45:20 AM »
yea wouldnt have them defeated

Since they kind of NEEDED a win at that point. can still make it 2 parter  (damm they much of shot an insane amount of footage) by still doing some sort of cliffhanger..maybe Darksied showing up after Desad defeated

Also what the point of going back in time to change stuff if it doesnt change it. They could use that as batman going "Oh shit I need lois to calm this guy down"

Bran Mak Morn

• +18/-15
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 14, 2019, 06:55:11 AM »
I've never understood the Snyder hate.

People appreciate what he did with Watchmen & 300 but then pull short on their praise by pointing out they were adaptations.

MOS & BVS being too dark...yeah ok they were but then again Marvel making their verse clean, shiney & family friendly was getting a bit tedious personally for me.

And the negative reviews & hate that SuckerPunch received...and yet not once have I ever read what exactly people hated about the film.

"It's like trying to teach a pig to sing.
It won't work & you just end up annoying the pig."
-Judge Judy.