• View Profile
Re: Apokolips Getting a #metoo movement
« Reply #60 on: April 03, 2019, 04:51:35 PM »
https://imgur.com/tuGrVTE.jpg

“His advances are too much for me”

Again real issue. Handled poorly

XerxesTWD

• +107/-27
  • You can't park here, buddy. Earth is closed today.
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: April 03, 2019, 07:03:26 PM »
This is insulting to a legitimate issue, let alone the comic characters.

This would be like Marvel having an issue where Wolverine talks shit to a dying kid with cancer and tells him maybe if he was a mutant he could have a healing factor, or some immunity to cancer as a power.

He would also suggest the cancer kid's parents hated him because he's a flatscan or something, because you need to add in even more nonsense to equal this shit.

HalloweenJack

• +43/-10
  • Rowdy AF
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: April 03, 2019, 08:14:23 PM »
And as shitty as that is, I still think it's better than the first two with the Nasty Woman stuff.

I really don't know what's up with the tone. I mean you have all this really heavy handed grim shit about rape and sexual politics but then there'll be the beauty pageant scenes or that one where Mad Harriet fantasizes solving the Anti-Life Equation in a lab coat and Darkseid smiling and all "Er Mer Gurdd!". And everybody just looks stupid. The whole "stop lying" thing....they can do better than this.

I really think they know this isn't going to last long, so that's why things are so crammed. I mean you get Aurelie and "Oh she got away with Himon and is happy now". A page later it's like "Granny says go get her, girls". Another page and "We got her Granny". And then she's dead within like two more pages.