« Reply #16 on: February 06, 2019, 09:21:46 PM »
holy shit, I never realized Pancho was Colonel Ironhorse on War of the Worlds

AP

• +135/-56
    • View Profile
Re: Recast a sci fi show or movie
« Reply #17 on: February 06, 2019, 09:25:43 PM »
holy shit, I never realized Pancho was Colonel Ironhorse on War of the Worlds

Me either until I IMDBed him.  It's pretty much the only other role he's known for.

AP

• +135/-56
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 06, 2019, 09:29:47 PM »
Funny enough, Kevin Peter Hall played the role of an alien in a movie called Without Warning that is pretty much identical to Predator but came out years before.  I almost used him (as well as his character on Misfists of Science or the bear monster from The Prophecy), but using Harry was funnier.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2019, 09:43:27 PM by AP »

Riv1

• +78/-1066
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 07, 2019, 12:50:47 AM »
^^^Ha, you goofy bastich! ;D

Riv1

• +78/-1066
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 07, 2019, 07:46:27 AM »
SPACEBALLS, recast w. cartoon characters...:

THE ALMIGHTY TALLEST
(President Scroob)

Red & Purple plot to blackmail Daddy Morbucks for the rights to earth’s atmoshere by kidnapping his daughter before she gets engaged, which would complicate their plans.

ZIM
(Dark Helmet)

Sent by the Almighty Tallest on a kidnap mission. He’ll give it his usual grade A wreck everything in sight effort.

PLEAKLEY
(Colonel Sandurz)

Zim’s force commander. Gives out never listened to advice.

DADDY MORBUCKS
(King Roland)

Looking to increase his wealth by engaging his daughter to an honest to goodness Royal Prince.

PRINCESS MORBUCKS
(Princess Vespa)

Spoiled, bratty, and self centered. Runs away from home though, rather than get engaged just to make her daddy richer.

KAREN
(Dot Matrix)

Princess Morbucks’ long suffering nanny. Cant keep the Princess from running away, so goes with, to keep her safe.

JOHNNY TEST & DUKEY
(Lone Starr & Barf)

A couple of fun loving rogues hired by Daddy Morbucks to retrieve his daughter. Seeing as they owe a lot of money to some very bad dudes, they totally agree. 

KRAANG & SHREDDER
(Pizza the Hut & Vinnie)

THEY WANT THEIR MONEY!

LAO SHI
(Yogurt)

Johnny and Dukey will need Lao Shi’s help along the way. Look at this guy he’s like an Asian Yoda.

RICH PIGEON
(Prince Valium)

Doesnt seem to care what happens one way or the other, if that vacant stare is anything to go by.

Riv1

• +78/-1066
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 08, 2019, 08:22:05 AM »
A martial arts themed Star Wars build. Hella fun to do...:

SHANG TSUNG
(Palpatine)

Looking to open the door to Outworld and conquer the earth, once he brings the various, rebellious martial arts communities of the planet to heel, that might try and stop him.   

THE FOOT CLAN
(Stormtroopers)

Without his Outworld minions, Tsung has to make do w. these mooks. They arent the best or brightest but at least there’s a lot of them.

YULAW
(Vader)

Says he’s no one’s bitch, but is eager to serve as Tsung’s enforcer, and share in his power.

HIMIKO
(The Death Star)

The first Queen of Japan, an asymptomatic carrier of a deadly virus. Shang Tsung and Yulaw plan to use the corpse to destroy all their martial arts rivals, and finally open the way to Outworld w. no interference.

JASON TRIPITIKAS
(Luke Skywalker)

Young and new to martial arts, he craves adventure, excitement. Dealing w. the evil of Shang Tsung & Yulaw, and seeing death first hand, will change him, as things play out.

MAKO MORI
(Princess Leia)

Lost a lot at an early age, and raised to take charge, she’s hellbent on resisting Tsung & Yulaw, uniting the earth’s martial arts communities against them.

KAR & THE MONK W. NO NAME
(Han Solo & Chewbacca)

A handsome rogue & his big badass friend, they travel the country getting in and out of trouble, and Mako and Jason seem to be a shitload of trouble.

JACK BURTON
(Lando Calrissian)

This charmer doesnt know a lick of martial arts, but keeps getting involved in these types of situations. The thing his friend Kar should be worried about though, is that Jack might actually be working for the bad guys...

NICK PARKER
(Obi Wan Kenobi)

Blind martial arts master who had taken both Jason & Mako under his wing. Sacrifices himself against Yulaw so the youngsters could live to continue the fight.

MR. MIYAGI
(Yoda)

Hides a deep wisdom and in depth knowledge of the martial arts behind an unassuming facade. Knows he must prepare Jason for the fight ahead. Jason doesnt quite believe Miyagi can teach him anything. Miyagi loves that in a student.

THE PORKCHOP EXPRESS
(The Millennium Falcon)

Originally belonging to Jack Burton, the big rig became Kar’s after a long night of poker a few years prior. Its what Kar & his nameless friend travel the country in.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2019, 08:36:37 AM by Riv1 »

AP

• +135/-56
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 08, 2019, 08:28:24 AM »
I dig it.

Riv1

• +78/-1066
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 09, 2019, 01:17:12 AM »
Thanks a lot; i’m still running w. your idea!

Riv1

• +78/-1066
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 10, 2019, 03:32:49 PM »
A Star Wars build of biblical proportions.
Took liberties w. One of the backstories to better fit, and a couple of the pics, as i wanted the characters aged. 
Here we go...:

CANON BLACK
(Palpatine)

Tired of waiting around on God, Black is going to bring about his own inverted Rapture. Those left alive will be the Chosen, and he’ll lead the survivors into HIS light.

THE BROTHERS
(Stormtroopers)

Black has promised this blood sucking vampire Church they’ll be THE go to religion after his man made Rapture. Gives us plenty of nameless mooks to do the dirty work. Part of that work is taking out anyone who might have a direct line to God.

CALEB
(Vader)

Digs on Black’s plan. His otherworldly power makes him able to command respect from the vampiric Brothers, and allows him to handle and eventually unleash the power of Black’s secret Rapture weapon...

THE ARK OF THE COVENANT
(The Death Star)

Black & Caleb plan to unleash its Holy, face melting power for all the world to see.

KEVIN TRAN
(Luke Skywalker)

This Kevin never had any ‘Supernatural’ adventures. He got to go to college and be normal. Until now. He may just be the key to stopping Black & Caleb, if he lives long enough.

NEEDY LESNICKY
(Princess Leia)

Survivor of a demon attack she has some of its power. She’s stumbled onto Black & Caleb’s plan, and is trying to stop it.

JAY & SILENT BOB
(Han Solo & Chewbacca)

These two former prophets find their lives being guided by a Higher Power again. Surviving attacks from the Brothers, they hit the road, figuring things out as they go, hoping to get help from an old friend, and doing the right place right time thing, to run into new ones.

RUFUS
(Lando Calrissian)

The 13th Apostle is doing pretty well for himself now, running a billion dollar Ministry seen around the world on every conceivable media platform. He welcomes Jay, Bob and their new friends, but, is secretly, if unwillingly, working for the bad guys.

FATHER ANGUS
(Obi Wan Kenobi)

A militant Priest from an obscure religious order, Angus does his best to help Needy, who winds up at his doorstep, and then teach Kevin Tran about the supernatural world he’s stumbled into, when he and Needy meet him. Gives his life and takes out a shitload of vampires to buy the kids time to escape.

JULES
(Yoda)

You wouldnt peg this crazy looking old man as once having been a top enforcer for the mob, until he was touched by God almost 30 years ago. He’s walked the earth since then, and believes he’s meant to help Needy and Kevin. He gives an unbelieving Kevin a crash course in knives, guns, and overall asskicking. For the Lord, of course.

THE BLUES MOBILE
(The Millennium Falcon

This car was once on a mission from God, and miraculously, is again. Damn near indestructible, it appears just when Jay & Silent Bob are in need of wheels, in the dark, keys in the ignition, w. a full tank of gas and half a pack of cigarettes on the dash. God moves in mysterious ways.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2019, 10:58:19 PM by Riv1 »

HalloweenJack

• +43/-10
  • Rowdy AF
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 10, 2019, 06:10:38 PM »
Funny enough, Kevin Peter Hall played the role of an alien in a movie called Without Warning that is pretty much identical to Predator but came out years before.  I almost used him (as well as his character on Misfists of Science or the bear monster from The Prophecy), but using Harry was funnier.

ha ha....I actually own that movie.

HalloweenJack

• +43/-10
  • Rowdy AF
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 10, 2019, 06:12:56 PM »
also I dig that horror/supernatural themed star wars

AP

• +135/-56
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 10, 2019, 09:41:12 PM »
JULES
(Yoda)

You wouldnt peg this crazy looking old man as once having been a top enforcer for the mob, until he was touched by God almost 30 years ago. He’s walked the earth since then, and believes he’s meant to help Needy and Kevin. He gives an unbelieving Kevin a crash course in lnives, guns, and overall asskicking. For the Lord, of course.

Nice choice but that ain't Jules.  That's Sam Jackson's character form Black Snake Moan.

Riv1

• +78/-1066
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 10, 2019, 11:02:34 PM »
Thats why i prefaced the build with:

Took liberties w. One of the backstories to better fit, and a couple of the pics, as i wanted the characters aged.

I wanted an old crazy looking Jules to better match Yoda. Chris Rock’s pic IS Chris Rock, not Rufus, since i needed a more cleaned up version.
And my Kevin never met Sam & Dean.

Riv1

• +78/-1066
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 11, 2019, 08:17:48 AM »
Watchmen, as a cheesy martial arts movie...:

RAIDEN - subs for Dr. Manhattan as the immortal super powered character in this movie.

CHAT &  CHARLENE CHING - stand in for Silk Spectres I & II as Raiden’s past and present ass kicking lovers.

KATO & KATO - two generations of Kato as mentor/protege Nite Owls I & II.

BRADDOCK - like the Comedian, abandons the heroic path. One too many return trips to Nam has cracked him up.

KWAI CHANG CAINE - stumbles onto a kung fu conspiracy, and begins asking way too many questions, like Rorschach.

REMO WILLIAMS - is master of Sinanju, more than human. Can do bullet time like Ozymandias, and comes with his own evil plan.