Herochat

arguments from people on your side you wish they stop making

therock

• +65/-65
    • View Profile
arguments from people on your side you wish they stop making
« on: February 04, 2019, 01:52:00 AM »
argument from people on your side that hurts your side basicly.

For me

On Immigration-  Well where all immigrants accept for the natvis. Get the point of this argument. Point out the hypocritcy. But they be smarter to leave the natvie americans out of this and just mention Ellis Insland. Party dude to that not ending well for the natvies. If people affraid of immigrant taking over,  bring up the history of natvies Americas not going to end those fears

On Metoo accusation-  I can be pretty SJW. But hearing the argument..why dont they just speak out stronger. If someone excuse you off stealing a car you be like "THAT MOTHER FUCKER full of shit"  Issue with that is no one going to accuse you of shitting on all car theif victims. That never comes out well. It actully the worst thing you can do. That why lawyers tend not to want their clients on the stand.  Because getting found not guilty one thing. It actully hard to get a conviction in those kind of cases. But being convicted in the court of public opinion is little easier

AP

• +135/-56
    • View Profile
Re: arguments from people on your side you wish they stop making
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2019, 06:40:19 AM »
I agree on both of those being poor arguments.  Especially since the alt-right usually having a problem against illegal immigration but not immigration in and of itself.  Ellis Island is a better example of people coming over to the US on boats and being granted immigration status once on the island.

MTL76

• +1141/-119
  • Knives in the senate house?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2019, 07:36:00 AM »
Especially since the alt-right usually having a problem against illegal immigration but not immigration in and of itself.

This is incorrect, and probably the number one thing that separates the alt-right from the mainstream right.

Minority Shareholder, Combine Honnete Ober Advancer Mercantiles (CHOAM)

The Create A Team / Power Set Combo Compendium

AP

• +135/-56
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2019, 08:50:00 AM »
Especially since the alt-right usually having a problem against illegal immigration but not immigration in and of itself.

This is incorrect, and probably the number one thing that separates the alt-right from the mainstream right.

The argument I hear from Trump supporters and the like is that they are okay with legal immigration.  They issue is that they consider illegal immigration a much larger problem than it is and want stupid things like walls to correct it.

MTL76

• +1141/-119
  • Knives in the senate house?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2019, 08:57:28 AM »

The argument I hear from Trump supporters and the like is that they are okay with legal immigration.  They issue is that they consider illegal immigration a much larger problem than it is and want stupid things like walls to correct it.

That is correct, but Trump and the majority of the people who voted for him aren’t alt-right. They don’t describe or view themselves as such, and the alt-right doesn’t describe or view them as such.

Richard Spencer is alt-right.

Minority Shareholder, Combine Honnete Ober Advancer Mercantiles (CHOAM)

The Create A Team / Power Set Combo Compendium

AP

• +135/-56
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2019, 09:04:23 AM »
Frankly, it's become such an umbrella term, I'm not sure who is supposed to be alt-right, but my main point was that people who support the wall and such tend to have a different argument than what is normally attributed to them.

NeoGreenLantern

• +101/-23
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2019, 10:55:21 AM »
It's become mixed together because, even if the voters aren't all alt-right, they still voted in an administration that has people from the alt-right working with them like Stephen Miller.

therock

• +65/-65
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2019, 12:05:51 PM »
think the difference is when they move in to limit different type of LEGAL immigration. Most people not going to straight up say they hate legals. But limits pathways to citenzship,

I mean Trump during an election talked about ending birth right citizenship, Which like the "go after thier familes" Shockingly didn't get that much attention

another one. When it comes to police brutality, and criminal perform.  General for fixing that stuff. But again the whole Fuck the policle angle. Or that the Job itself is not moral.That couter productive Like with Kamila harris. Element pushing that being a prosecuter itself is bad. Which to me not true.  Since not every person who goes to court is innocent. This is not perry masson. And yes some even corrupt people need to be proseuted.  Now their fucks up things that prosecuters do. Harris herself did some bad shit that she should be hit for. But people better at focusing on that and the System..then say paint with a broad brush. Since its a Job that kind of bneeds to be Done

Now I do hate the other side idea..that any critue makes them think you hate cops..or don't want police. We just don't want ASSHOLE police

therock

• +65/-65
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2019, 12:59:48 AM »
Think the word Neo Lib is tossed around a little to lightly. As well as Left eating thier own with who pure and perfect BUT....

One things I keep hearing from some moderates is we got to reach out to people outside a base and should stay away from stuff that Very left. Which make me think..why is it the republicans the only one who allowed to feed their base. Why is they the only one who start out with something unpopular and push it and hammer it, over and over and over..and over...till it gets more popular

We shoudl do that. You can win as a dem pretending to be republican. Is it just cowardice. Is it the electoral collage..where the right can afford to pissed most of the country off and still win. Or is it both

NeoGreenLantern

• +101/-23
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2019, 06:27:31 PM »
One thing I think the left needs to fix on the climate change debate is how it's framed as if we are destroying the planet. That's not true. What we are doing is destroying ability to live on the planet. The planet will be around long after we fuck ourselves.

Thanos6

• +22/-17
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 23, 2019, 11:04:45 PM »
One thing I think the left needs to fix on the climate change debate is how it's framed as if we are destroying the planet. That's not true. What we are doing is destroying ability to live on the planet. The planet will be around long after we fuck ourselves.

Reminds me, again, of another great bit from the Jurassic Park novel, Ian Malcolm bitching out Hammond near the end when everything is really going wrong:

"Let’s be clear. The planet is not in jeopardy. We are in jeopardy. We haven’t got the power to destroy the planet-or to save it. But we might have the power to save ourselves."
Truten forever!

The Shuruku Demon

• +33/-8
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 24, 2019, 01:07:06 PM »
I wish social conservatives who base their positions largely on religion would stop doing that, and preferably abandon religion altogether. I have some sympathy with opposition to things like abortion and promiscuity, but I can't take the case against those things seriously when it's based on scripture rather than reason.

Religion also tends to bring with it an irrational dislike of gays, which makes it harder to bridge the gap with moderates who might agree with social conservatives on other issues.

Bandido

• +10/-2
  • I can't let you do that Starfox.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 26, 2019, 03:06:36 AM »
Frankly, it's become such an umbrella term, I'm not sure who is supposed to be alt-right,

That's part of the problem though. If one disagrees with a platform, then it's best to know whom they in partucular disagree with.

As to the thread:
Lowering the top Corporate Tax rate will yield long term economic prosperity. Actually, recent tax reform in general. - In theory may yield fruit, but relies on a lot of variables for success.

Imperial

• Was once the Greatest of All Time
  • +15/-2
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 01, 2019, 12:01:37 AM »
Dems should stop embracing George W Bush. His administration led the nation into multiple horrible wars that have and will continue to cost the nation and world dearly.

It's past time to let the triangulation third way philosophy and distortions that tend to accompany it fade away as well.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2019, 12:03:48 AM by Imperial »
Avatar : Glynis Barber, as Harriet Makepeace
Sig : Casi Davis, as Cammy White

Mightily Oats

• +80/-582
  • Master of Fagnetism
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 01, 2019, 06:50:49 AM »
Dems should stop embracing George W Bush. His administration led the nation into multiple horrible wars that have and will continue to cost the nation and world dearly.

It's past time to let the triangulation third way philosophy and distortions that tend to accompany it fade away as well.
The Democrats need to stop embracing people like Pelosi, Harris and Clinton while they're at it.