Herochat

Who wins the Democrat primary?

ProjectCornDog

• +14/-14
    • View Profile
Who wins the Democrat primary?
« on: January 22, 2019, 11:03:14 AM »
Not who you WANT to win, who do you think WILL win?

Right now here is the list of politicians we can ASSUME will run or have ALREADY announced:
- Elizabeth Warren
- Joe Biden
- Kamala Harris
- Bernie Sanders
- Tulsi Gabbard
- Cory Booker
- Richard Ojeda
- Julian Castro
- Kirsten Gillibrand

Other possibilities:
- Michael Bloomberg
- Bill de Blasio
- Eric Holder
- John Kerry
- Beto O'Rourke

A LOT will change from here and then and there are a lot of people who have already announced who have stark differences with each other. Not to mention there is the group of Democrats who just want to push someone unscathed to fight Trump and the group of Demorats who are ready for a fight and ready to choose the most progressive candidate they can.

Here is just one example I have seen this week:

I think its safe to say the gloves are coming off. With that said, who do you think will win the Democrat primary and go on to challenge Donald Trump?

Panthergod

• +49/-85
    • View Profile
Re: Who wins the Democrat primary?
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2019, 11:16:32 AM »
Harris is a trojan horse corporate Bankster/Globalist agent, just like Booker. Bought and paid for house servants and sellouts from all indications. They almost certainly have leverage on Harris as well. Hopefully Cynthia McKinney will run again.

As is Gabbard/Sanders are the only sane choices.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2019, 11:19:55 AM by Panthergod »

NeoGreenLantern

• +97/-23
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2019, 12:33:24 PM »
I honestly don't have a guess whos gonna win it.

ProjectCornDog

• +14/-14
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2019, 12:37:45 PM »
Panther I feel you on a lot of those points but,who do you think will win?

I honestly don't have a guess whos gonna win it.

Wow, pure honesty!?!? Rare in politics.

AP

• +129/-56
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2019, 12:38:20 PM »
That tweet is annoying.  They are preemptively claiming any and all criticism of the Democrats are Russian bots or at least people "doing Putin's work".  That will not go well for the Dems as I predict there will be major pushback if they go that angle too hard.

I'd like Gabbard or Sanders to win.  Warren is a distant third place for me.  I'm sure the DNC will decide to nominate Harris, though.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2019, 12:40:07 PM by AP »

LiquidSailor

• +73/-149
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2019, 01:20:31 PM »
As predicted, the mindless blacks at The Root have clung to Harris.  Just because of her skin color.  The same people who think Obama was the best president ever.

DIGUSTING

Imperial

• Was once the Greatest of All Time
  • +13/-2
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2019, 01:37:45 PM »
The scenario I am afraid of that seems plausible :

Biden runs and the corporatists find ways to push him over the line. Using vote supression in the primaries, and perhaps forcing Harris to drop out and endorse Joe. With her being his VP as the prize.

Biden keeps gaffing and America ends up with cheeto Godzilla for another four years.

Two things make me doubt this, to an extent.

1. The neolibs want to keep using Bernie's age against him. Biden running and getting their support complicates this.
2. I think Biden's window just might be closed, period. Both of his previous Presidential campaigns were terribly unsuccessful and he doesn't seem to be embracing a new direction. All he really has now is " I'm Obama's guy. "
Sig : Polina Sitnova

AP

• +129/-56
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2019, 01:54:08 PM »
I think Biden's window just might be closed, period. Both of his previous Presidential campaigns were terribly unsuccessful and he doesn't seem to be embracing a new direction. All he really has now is " I'm Obama's guy. "

Corporate Dems have a weird habit of thinking people tangibly connected to past presidents will be instantly popular.  We saw this with Gore, Hillary, and now Biden.

Panthergod

• +49/-85
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2019, 03:43:42 PM »
As predicted, the mindless blacks at The Root have clung to Harris.  Just because of her skin color.  The same people who think Obama was the best president ever.

As opposed to the whites, who cling to nutjobs like Reagan, the Clintons, the Bushes, Obama, and, oh yeah, every white supremacist piece of shit to ever occupy the white House.

LiquidSailor

• +73/-149
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2019, 05:02:03 PM »

As opposed to the whites, who cling to nutjobs like Reagan, the Clintons, the Bushes, Obama, and, oh yeah, every white supremacist piece of shit to ever occupy the white House.

If we were discussing them, then yes.  Otherwise, we are discussing people in the current democratic primary.

DIGUSTING

Whiskeyclone

• +9/-1
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 23, 2019, 01:32:44 PM »
That tweet is annoying.  They are preemptively claiming any and all criticism of the Democrats are Russian bots or at least people "doing Putin's work".  That will not go well for the Dems as I predict there will be major pushback if they go that angle too hard.

I'd like Gabbard or Sanders to win.  Warren is a distant third place for me.  I'm sure the DNC will decide to nominate Harris, though.

Those are the three I'd like the most, too, or at least who I'd like to be president most. Getting into who can win the general election makes it a bit trickier, but I'd be happy with any of those three in office. I wonder if any two of them would possibly fold into one of the others' campaigns as VP.

AP

• +129/-56
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 23, 2019, 01:39:01 PM »
Getting into who can win the general election makes it a bit trickier, but I'd be happy with any of those three in office. I wonder if any two of them would possibly fold into one of the others' campaigns as VP.

I can see Sanders or Gabbard winning.  Harris is a corporate Dem but I think she probably has a shot, too.  I think any of the others mentioned so far will lose.

The biggest mistake anyone can make is assuming taking Trump out of office is an easy move.

Not BAMF

• +23/-15
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 23, 2019, 01:53:06 PM »
I haven't done enough research on everyone involved yet to have anyone I'm really excited for. I loved Bernie in 2016, but I really don't want him to run again; he's too old, and whereas I think he would have beaten Trump in '16, I don't think he would now.

I'm curious to look more into Beto to see what I think of him.
https://gotstratosphere.com/2019/02/05/show-2-5-19-secretary-of-manga/ (Battle Angel Alita review, AND we name who would be a villainous Presidential cabinet)

Propeus The Fallen

• +36/-6
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 23, 2019, 02:27:47 PM »
I disagree with everyone that beating Trump is hard. Hillary just was horrible and since I like going over it:

Personality. Hillary didn’t have one. She was boring. She just was fake because she just tried to be a bland as possible. Instead she’d tried to rely on others like Obama and stupid stuff like “I always carry Tabasco sauce with me.” Trump is a racist idiot jackass. But he’s not bland. The news always turned to his rallies because they are more interesting. Luckily, everyone here has a personality and charisma to them to counter Trump.

You’ve gotta do the leg work. Hillary was super lazy. Hey Trump may have just lied and spewed racism and insults but he was going around everywhere. Hillary had a way lighter schedule where she would stop and do constant fund raising in NY or California. This was especially stupid when you underperformed in a lot of states and lost to Bernie in Michigan.

Crappy campaign. Her campaign was mixed of young people with good ideas and old dumbasses with tired ideas who thought they won two years earlier. She constantly did not listen to the right people.

Russia helped. And it’s looking like Trump’s campaign worked with them on several levels.

The FBI helped Trump. Hey, I’ve said it before, it was her own damn fault for having that stupid server, but the FBI was also investigating Trump about Russia but only one of them was made public. That’s bullshit. Even bigger bullshit when they bring it back up the last week or two before the election. Course I think the FBI is getting paid back for that so…

FOX news. If you’re the dem, you’ve got an entire network just in this other reality where you’re the devil. CNN tries to be fair, and MSNBC leans left—but they don’t do one quarter of the crap FOX News does. Just compare Maddow to Hannity. At least Maddow goes into detail about her points with evidence. And a large portion of the nation watches FOX news. It’s not as bad because MSNBC has now take over, but it’s still a problem.

Better catphrase. MAGA did stick. And...I can't even remember what Hillary's was. I remember the stupid blue H with the red arrow

Lame VP. As I pointed out, she has no charisma so she could have made up for that with someone with a personality. Instead she picked Tim Kaine, who is about the equivalent of 1 percent milk. I still say if she had sucked it up, and picked Bernie, she wins the election. But being an entitled moron makes you do stupid things.

This time I think it will be different.

Everyone in the primary has a personality and some wit to them. People act like Trump is just this master shit talker. No. Look what Nancy Pelosi and Chuck Schumer did to him. They tricked him into taking responsibility for the shut down in one his own stupid TV stunts he had set up. He’s an idiot. He's a manchild.

The Dems have a big voting field. Hey the Republicans got a lot of attention because of how big there primary was. This year the Republicans have no primary and the Dems will have that news all to themselves. I mean, I’m sure Trump will tweet or do some more horrible things, but the Dems will be more interesting and get more attention just because of the vast number or rallies and events.

Women voters. Dear lord are they out in full force and peeved off. Just check out the Dems this midterm and their influx of women into the house. Suburban voters have just turned on Trump.

Dens are super motivated. Because Trump pretty much has been a president for maybe twenty-five percent of the nation. Every other day it seems like he’s constantly going after every principal the majority of the nation supports. And let’s be honest, if the Republicans get one more supreme court judge, progressivism is going to be held back for decades. Just look at yesterday, the Supreme Court upheld the transgender military ban. And...I honestly think that there is a chance that Texas could go blue.

Russia Investigation. Yeah, he’ll be getting his FBI stuff this election cycle it seems. And it looks like a ton of people in that campaign are guilty ranging from Trump to his idiot son to Manafort. You’ve got collusion and obstruction of justice. It’s going to be hard for any Dem to have a past that bad.

All of Trump's other stuff, from the affairs, the campaign finance laws he's broke, the tweets he'll make, and I'm really, really worried that he's going to spur people in his rally to violence against a protester or a member of the media. On this forum we have a topic with hundreds of horrible things Trump has done--and no one has posted anything about this the last two weeks.

Young voters. The little bastards actually got out and voted in the midterm. And if the Dems get someone closer to their generation they should get even more.

Trump’s popularity. I don’t even think he’s come close to fifty percent once. He’s always stayed in the low fortyies-mid thirties range. That’s not good. Especially not good when you inherited a good economy. One reason is that Trump’s tax cut has taken a ton of money from the middle and lower class.

Look, to wrap this up. Hillary and her campaign did everything they could to lose and then it took another country and the FBI for Trump to win. That shouldn’t happen this time. In other words, as long as whatever Dem doesn’t act like a dumbass, they should win.

If I had to pick, I’d go Kamala Harris and Beto. Harris already has the catphrase, the message, the history, she's a woman. And with Beto you get charisma, a name everyone knows, and you have a real, real good chance at flipping sunbelt states, even Texas.

AP

• +129/-56
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 23, 2019, 02:33:00 PM »
I disagree with everyone that beating Trump is hard

It's not so much that beating Trump is hard, it's that we shouldn't take it for granted as an easy task.  He wins when people underestimate him.  Throwing another Hillary up on stage and expecting a different outcome will result in a second term for the guy unless he gets impeached.  We need someone people actually like and their campaign needs to be more than platitudes.  People want medicare for all, they want an end to wars, they want a healthy middle class.  If someone comes to the people with these promises, then they can win.