Herochat

Favorite Known Unknowns

Wyntyr

• +115/-83
  • Literally The Devil
    • View Profile
Favorite Known Unknowns
« on: January 20, 2019, 01:49:03 PM »
By which I mean the guys you love who, judging by their talent (or at least their personal appeal to you), should be household names but just never quite got the recognition you feel they deserve.

The Briscoes. I've made no secret of the fact that #demboys are my all time favorite tag team and I think that they are all around one of the most entertaining acts in pro wrestling today. Jay Briscoe is a top 30 all-around in the world imo, and these guys have a winning record over every top non-WWE team in the world including The Bucks, but get no recognition outside of RoH, even by most indie smarks. I don't get it. Luckily, their style lends itself to a lengthy career, so hopefully I'll get to watch them for a long time to come.

Alex Shelley. He's in his mid 30s now and sadly retired last year, but if he was 5-7 years younger his looks, style, and charisma would be perfect for the current NJPW, LU, RoH, or even WWE product. He got some minor attention and recognition with the MCMG and Time Splitters, but he's still virtually unknown outside of mid 2000s TNA marks and New Japan purists.
The tree grows high but the oxygen fails to reach all the branches

Riv1

• +73/-1062
    • View Profile
Re: Favorite Known Unknowns
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2019, 04:43:49 PM »
Brian cage for me.
He should have been running WWE for years now.

the Awesome Truth is...i broke scourge

Sick Nick

• +10/-2
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2019, 04:22:58 AM »
I think Cage is gonna be a big star in WWE someday, it's just a matter of time.

Shelley was a good worker and an incredible promo, maybe the best in TNA when he was there. He was way too small to get anywhere in WWE when he was wrestling but nowadays he'd be in with a better shot. Sabin was a better worker but Shelley sold me on MCMG

Weren't the Briscoes racist motherfuckers?

Steve Corino could've done well in WWE, he worked harder than anyone else in the business. Roadkill's another one, a gigantic guy with an awesome gimmick who got over BIG with the ECW fans. He had the Boss Man thing of not being scared of selling for much smaller guys too.

On the women's side, Tessa Blanchard is moving up the ranks fast but she needs to be in WWE. She NEEDS to work a program with Ric Flair's girl.
Hyrkanian Badass

He'll be buying drinks all night then.

Wyntyr

• +115/-83
  • Literally The Devil
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2019, 10:13:27 AM »
The only problematic thing I remember with either of the Briscoes was Jay tweeting a long time ago that he would be pissed if his son was gay, or something like that

Wyntyr

• +115/-83
  • Literally The Devil
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2019, 01:43:02 AM »
I just watched The Briscoes beat the absolute dogshit out of the Lucha Brothers (Fenix and Pentagon), aka two of the greatest luchadores on the planet, and goddamn motherfuck I love the Briscoes

Sick Nick

• +10/-2
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2019, 04:35:13 AM »
Fenix is incredible. I've never seen anyone hop around on the ropes like he can.
Hyrkanian Badass

He'll be buying drinks all night then.