Herochat

Kingdom Gog vs Surtur

HalloweenJack

• +43/-10
  • Rowdy AF
    • View Profile
Re: Kingdom Gog vs Surtur
« Reply #45 on: January 14, 2019, 11:47:13 AM »
No, unless you have something that states otherwise, I wouldn't say he is.
Going by it taking 2 standard Top tiers and 2 above standard top tiers to even just bother Gog a little, and Thor being able actually beat Surtur, I had to know. 4 top tiers who couldn't win vs 1 top tier who won makes this a non fight.

aaaand I'm not cheerleading for Surtur as I've said a few times. I do want things clarified though like the 'Krypton' example, the Staff, and so forth so we can actually get a good one going here without being bogged down by minutia.

fangirl101

• +37/-58
  • Didn't see Wonder Woman yet so no spoilers BITCHES
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 14, 2019, 12:21:21 PM »
No, unless you have something that states otherwise, I wouldn't say he is.
Going by it taking 2 standard Top tiers and 2 above standard top tiers to even just bother Gog a little, and Thor being able actually beat Surtur, I had to know. 4 top tiers who couldn't win vs 1 top tier who won makes this a non fight.

aaaand I'm not cheerleading for Surtur as I've said a few times. I do want things clarified though like the 'Krypton' example, the Staff, and so forth so we can actually get a good one going here without being bogged down by minutia.
No one is paying attention to Gog killing Supermen. His staff had Knite and Red solar power in it. Im more impressed with the fact that it punched a hole in Mxy. The same Mxy 2ho created a Doomsday thousands of times more powerful than the Original, just to get killed. And this after he gave up his God like powers. Gog also punched a hole in Hypertime. So killing Superman isn't impressive. Wonder Woman could do that with her tiara.

HalloweenJack

• +43/-10
  • Rowdy AF
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 14, 2019, 12:32:13 PM »
Are all appearances of Imps canon? Genuine question.

Dalek

• +5/-3
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 14, 2019, 02:58:34 PM »

I believe World's funniest is not.

BTW does MXY have any durability showings when he is not expecting an attack?
Gog shot him from behind and he clearly did not know it was coming and had no defenses up. I do not think I have even seen him hit when he was not prepared for it before.

fangirl101

• +37/-58
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 14, 2019, 05:38:03 PM »

Gog shot him from behind and he clearly did not know it was coming and had no defenses up. I do not think I have even seen him hit when he was not prepared for it before.
It is canon. Mxy showed that he exists in all worlds and outside of them at the same time.

fangirl101

• +37/-58
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: January 14, 2019, 05:39:36 PM »

Not even Guardian and Magic amped Superboy Prime could kill Mxy or punch a hole in him.

HalloweenJack

• +43/-10
  • Rowdy AF
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 14, 2019, 05:46:55 PM »
but are all Imp appearances canon? Even say something pre crisis?

fangirl101

• +37/-58
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 14, 2019, 07:12:11 PM »
Aabsolutely.

-K-M-

• +14/-4
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: January 14, 2019, 07:19:38 PM »

Correct as per Superman rebirth.

One Mxy to rule them all.

HalloweenJack

• +43/-10
  • Rowdy AF
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: January 14, 2019, 07:37:15 PM »
well, then it's not as low the Phantom Zone Projector tearing him apart, but when you go from being a casual multiverse destroyer to taken out by a single blast from Gog, who doesn't always even kill Superman with one shot, Imma call that a low showing.

Gree

• +46/-7
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: January 14, 2019, 08:41:52 PM »
It is

Panthergod

• +49/-87
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: January 14, 2019, 10:02:15 PM »
well, then it's not as low the Phantom Zone Projector tearing him apart, but when you go from being a casual multiverse destroyer to taken out by a single blast from Gog, who doesn't always even kill Superman with one shot, Imma call that a low showing.

Let's see you describe how the PZ projector showing was low end.

Abhilegend

• +26/-29
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: January 14, 2019, 11:00:38 PM »
Because it's getting ugly looking up there

re: 1 here: The staff has the power of red suns in it. That's why it's given as a weapon to be used against Superman. This is pretty clear in there. It's a silver bullet in effect.

That's never specifically stated. The Quintessence gave their powers to Gog. The red suns in the staff were not shown the reason Gog was killing Superman either.

If anything, he was strong enough to kill Superman with just metal as well.

https://2.bp.blogspot.com/CvxjcI6nkva8sM8ZmMaNXPZRQ8WE9tIn4UhIShBwS_lkhE_m7XPmWkNkOUVA3DWtTSYoHK77VbaO=s1600

re: 2- My point about Jonathan Kent is for clarification's sake. If a part of the story isn't followed correctly, then it can hurt your argument as far as your understanding of the story goes on other points.

Fair enough.

re: 3- That's not Krypton. Gog didn't take Superman back in time to the explosion of Krypton. If you go to the top of the page the date for this day when Gog comes back in time to kill Superman is given. "July 7th, 2031. Monday". As the text goes on to tell you the bomb itself is duplicating the destruction of Krypton. Okay? We don't see a red sun. All we ever see is a starfield and an atmospheric glow. This is not a feat for how powerful Superman is. This is a specially designed method of execution to ensure Superman feels as much pain and suffering as possible for a millennia.

Oh yeah, you're right. That's no red sun but the explosion of the planet still counts.

And Mark Waid doesn't shows his top tiers able to tank a planet exploding. His Hulk was koed by a mountain exploding for example.

re: 4- My point remains. Speed + force here, shows he was overwhelmed. Yes, he can overwhelm them too. We see that alot. I would say though, this shows that he's not thousands of times more powerful than them. And yeah, Thor caused Surtur pain. You're not seeing me argue otherwise.

Except he was far more powerful than all of them combined as explicitly stated and even after weakened, he tanked Superman with a GL ring, cosmic rod, astro force and multiple other top tier weapons abd then defeated them again.

https://2.bp.blogspot.com/aCsC8yBjvShJI0YNZePXOHfVNP_h904iFYw4OCCo81g76Bfr7DrY-xGePCT0MZzFmOdQpjkiERD-XA=s1600
https://2.bp.blogspot.com/J4lhzSZW-Ovb5gEFI_zVzWoQcFMYavmImjNFZQIeyYHY7LlnMVKipXdV30TbE2yCsKAq8AFCh9EKYw=s1600
https://2.bp.blogspot.com/J00zwIIfWTQwXtKk461WnW2W9jqcF_QMbXBnnBX27KR0WERAbtZFMGAfIV8llW27zg-cCEgvn9s6aA=s1600

Re: 5- Again, I'm not certain where you're getting this. The staff's purpose as a weapon against Superman is that it's charged by red sun energy. 
Never specified that it was red suns which were instrumental in killing Superman.

Gree

• +46/-7
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: January 15, 2019, 12:18:06 AM »
I have reason to believe that is far from a full powered Surtur or a dream sequence alternate realm

Abhilegend

• +26/-29
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: January 15, 2019, 02:24:21 AM »
I have reason to believe that is far from a full powered Surtur or a dream sequence alternate realm
Reason?