Herochat

Tulsi Gabbard is running for President

Panthergod

• +49/-85
    • View Profile
Re: Tulsi Gabbard is running for President
« Reply #30 on: January 13, 2019, 05:32:39 PM »

The corporate Dems usually emphasize things like gay rights, abortion, or even just returning to protocol or manners. That way they can sell the notion they are the good guys while not actually doing much to address longterm problems or upset the wealthy donor system.

Pretty much. The Dem neoliberals are pretty much what the leftwing of the Republican party was from the Lincoln through Eisenhower era. They are rich corporate types who are liberal on those issues that don't threaten their economic power and privilege.

Y'know, it's common wisdom that the Republicans and Democrats switched political allegiances during the Civil Rights era. That's not quite accurate.

Rather, the Republicans used to be an awkward alliance of all the rich, both the hard-right borderline Nazi rich, and the rich who were liberal on some social issues like a woman's right to vote, and environmental conservation. The result was that the Republican party was very wobbly on social issues as each wing waxed and waned in their influence of the party.

The Democrats used to be an awkward alliance of all the poor. That included both working class whites(who were mostly racists, especially in the South) and various racial minorities. That alliance was awkward as hell, and mostly survived because local politics and national politics were more distinct back then. It was perfectly possible for a racist Democratic congressman from Mississippi and a liberal Democratic congressman from New York to both vote to end child-labor, for example, even if those same congressmen would have diametrically opposed policies as governors of their respective states.

That changed in the civil rights era, but it wasn't as simple as everyone switching names. Rather, the economically conservative/socially liberal Republicans moved to the Democratic party, and the most viciously racist blue-collar whites moved to the Republican party.

The economically conservative/socially liberal former Republicans(now known as "neoliberals") took over the Democratic party, and the rich Republicans kept their control over the Republican party while throwing bones to their new poor racist members.

The result was that both Democratic and Republican parties were now controlled by the rich. There hasn't been a party that actually represents the poor since the civil rights era.

Excellent.

Propeus The Fallen

• +36/-6
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 14, 2019, 03:17:45 AM »
Okay, I'm curious. Is Obama a corporate stooge. Hillary was the appointed one by the Dem party until he took it over.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2019, 03:24:37 AM by Propeus The Fallen »

AP

• +129/-56
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 14, 2019, 05:29:30 AM »
Okay, I'm curious. Is Obama a corporate stooge. Hillary was the appointed one by the Dem party until he took it over.

Yes.

Panthergod

• +49/-85
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 14, 2019, 10:31:46 AM »

You have to ask?

hmmm.

Not BAMF

• +23/-15
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 14, 2019, 12:37:21 PM »
http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/tulsi-gabbard-once-touted-working-for-anti-gay-group-that-backed-conversion-therapy/ar-BBScRdu?ocid=ientp

Eh, fuck this bitch. Best case scenario, she's a politician of convenience who backs whatever idea is most popular at any given time. But you don't say the kinds of things she said and then go the complete opposite direction in a few years.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2019, 12:42:00 PM by Not BAMF »
https://gotstratosphere.com/2019/02/05/show-2-5-19-secretary-of-manga/ (Battle Angel Alita review, AND we name who would be a villainous Presidential cabinet)

AP

• +129/-56
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 14, 2019, 12:46:52 PM »
http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/tulsi-gabbard-once-touted-working-for-anti-gay-group-that-backed-conversion-therapy/ar-BBScRdu?ocid=ientp

Eh, fuck this bitch. Best case scenario, she's a politician of convenience who backs whatever idea is most popular at any given time. But you don't say the kinds of things she said and then go the complete opposite direction in a few years.

In a few years?  This was back in the early 30’s when she was in her late teens/early 20s.

Not BAMF

• +23/-15
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 14, 2019, 12:49:35 PM »
https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/tulsi-gabbard-homophobic-remarks_us_5c3a6030e4b01c93e00a5952

She has said her "personal" views have not changed. So she is still an anti-LGBTQ bigot.
https://gotstratosphere.com/2019/02/05/show-2-5-19-secretary-of-manga/ (Battle Angel Alita review, AND we name who would be a villainous Presidential cabinet)

NeoGreenLantern

• +97/-23
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 14, 2019, 12:53:37 PM »
Even if her personal views didn't change as long as she votes for lgbtq rights I'll still take her over Trump.

Not BAMF

• +23/-15
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 14, 2019, 12:54:38 PM »
Also, my point was that you don't go from calling people fighting for equality "extremists" and believing homosexuality is a disease that can be treated and reversed to being all "Oh, no, it's fine!" in a few years. Those initial opinions of her were pretty damn strong and hardline.

Not BAMF

• +23/-15
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 14, 2019, 12:55:19 PM »
Even if her personal views didn't change as long as she votes for lgbtq rights I'll still take her over Trump.

Over TRUMP, sure. But I'll take the Democratic field over her in the primaries.

Panthergod

• +49/-85
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 14, 2019, 12:58:10 PM »
So she's pro-sanity. One more reason to support her.

Panthergod

• +49/-85
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 14, 2019, 12:59:38 PM »

Funny how being a mass murderer isn't a dealbreaker for your ilk, but this.. oooh a brigge too far, eh? lol,

Liberals are hilarious.

NeoGreenLantern

• +97/-23
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 14, 2019, 01:02:53 PM »
Also, my point was that you don't go from calling people fighting for equality "extremists" and believing homosexuality is a disease that can be treated and reversed to being all "Oh, no, it's fine!" in a few years. Those initial opinions of her were pretty damn strong and hardline.

I disagree. This happens all time especially with people being taught these things by there parents. Just look at Megan Phelps-Roper, who's father founded WBC and Derek Black, who's father founded Stormfront.

Not BAMF

• +23/-15
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 14, 2019, 01:04:45 PM »

Funny how being a mass murderer isn't a dealbreaker for your ilk, but this.. oooh a brigge too far, eh? lol,

Liberals are hilarious.

Mind what forum you are in, guy.

AP

• +129/-56
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 14, 2019, 01:38:12 PM »

I disagree. This happens all time especially with people being taught these things by there parents. Just look at Megan Phelps-Roper, who's father founded WBC and Derek Black, who's father founded Stormfront.

Yeah, that article said she was working with her father when she was 17 back in 1998.  I had similar views back then.  I changed and I figured Tulsi changed as well.