Herochat

Tulsi Gabbard is running for President

Imperial

• Was once the Greatest of All Time
  • +13/-2
    • View Profile
Tulsi Gabbard is running for President
« on: January 11, 2019, 09:10:13 PM »
https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/425010-tulsi-gabbard-announces-2020-white-house-bid

Rep. Tulsi Gabbard (D-Hawaii) said Friday she has decided to run for president in 2020.

"I have decided to run and will be making a formal announcement within the next week," she told CNN's Van Jones in an interview set to air Saturday.

"There are a lot of reasons for me to make this decision," Gabbard explained.
"There are a lot of challenges that are facing the American people that I'm concerned about and that I want to help solve," she said.

She listed access to health care, criminal justice reform and climate change as key issues.

Sig : Anna Nystrom

Imperial

• +13/-2
    • View Profile
Re: Tulsi Gabbard is running for President
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2019, 09:14:16 PM »
Get ready for establishment news and backdoor deal making organizations like Third Way to go on another major smear campaign.

So they can stick voters with their Biden or Booker types. Thereby handing Trump the keys to another four years. While remaining willfully deaf to a changing electorate.

Panthergod

• +47/-85
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2019, 09:54:29 PM »
Only she and Bernie are worth considering.

Imperial

• +13/-2
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2019, 10:11:30 PM »

NeoGreenLantern

• +93/-23
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2019, 10:26:13 PM »
She's my top runner but honestly I'm gonna vote for whoever isnt Trump.

Dalek

• +5/-3
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2019, 10:41:29 PM »
Only she and Bernie are worth considering.

Has Bernie said anything to give any indication he is considering another run?

Imperial

• +13/-2
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2019, 10:43:15 PM »
Trump is awful, but I'm not inclined to vote for more lackluster Clinton-esque 90's NeoLibs.

I'd vote for Warren. I'm willing to listen with someone like Harris. If the best they can do is Biden though, they don't really deserve to win.

AP

• +122/-56
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2019, 10:54:58 PM »
Tulsi has been my top pick for a while.  The Dems will likely try to screw her over and we’ll end up with Trump for four more years.

therock

• +53/-65
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2019, 11:23:09 PM »
Get ready for establishment news and backdoor deal making organizations like Third Way to go on another major smear campaign.

So they can stick voters with their Biden or Booker types. Thereby handing Trump the keys to another four years. While remaining willfully deaf to a changing electorate.

My fear is more, warren, Tusla, and Bernie running with them spliting their voters

or one of them losing and the other winning and their guys being OR BUST about it. Namely if they ever get close enough to attack each other.  Then you got Ojeda in that may take some thunder

NeoGreenLantern

• +93/-23
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2019, 11:30:14 PM »
Question, does the rep party have to run Trump as their candidate? Or can they run someone else even though he's the sitting president?

Dalek

• +5/-3
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2019, 11:43:02 PM »
Question, does the rep party have to run Trump as their candidate? Or can they run someone else even though he's the sitting president?

They could run someone else in the primary but the odds of them not supporting him against a challenger in the primary are low unless his approval rating with the party drops.

Uhtceare

• +30/-9
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 12, 2019, 09:06:45 AM »

Woot! I've been wanting her to run for years! :-D

AP

• +122/-56
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 12, 2019, 09:29:05 AM »

My fear is more, warren, Tusla, and Bernie running with them spliting their voters

or one of them losing and the other winning and their guys being OR BUST about it. Namely if they ever get close enough to attack each other.  Then you got Ojeda in that may take some thunder

As long as the DNC aren't being corrupt and undemocratic, they shouldn't have anything to worry about.

therock

• +53/-65
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 12, 2019, 12:07:21 PM »

As long as the DNC aren't being corrupt and undemocratic, they shouldn't have anything to worry about.

I dont know, Left has a tendacy to eat their own

Already hear people mad at Warren a fake progressive, sale out and mad at her for not backing Bernie

AP

• +122/-56
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 12, 2019, 12:09:43 PM »
They are mad at fake liberals being corporate shills and war-mongers.  As long as they avoid doing that, everything should be fine.