Herochat

Davey Boy vs. Dynamite Kid and their Legacies in Wrestling

Nikkolas

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
Davey Boy vs. Dynamite Kid and their Legacies in Wrestling
« on: January 09, 2019, 11:58:31 PM »
I suppose this is a bit subjective but despite his singles career and being part of the Hart family, did Davey Boy ultimately end up as less important than Dynamite Kid? I had no idea who Dynamite was growing up and even now I don't know much about him. What I do know is mostly his rather awful personal life and actions. But I was looking for interviews on YT and stuff and I typed British Bulldog and mostly got vids on Dynamite from the likes of Meltzer, Jericho and others. Plus I know Benoit was very inspired by him.

Davey was just always a favorite of mine growing up and I was listening to Meltzer talk about the Montreal Screwjob and how Davey's sister was dying of cancer and he dedicated a match to her only to have Shawn force him to job. And I heard in Death of WCW he was so upset by said Screwjob he wanted out of WWF immediately. I wanted to find more stuff like this but not many people talk about him compared to Dynamite it seems. Cornette had the highest praise for him at least but relistening to those segments on YT, he even says Davey was overshadowed in the 80s because Dynamite was the "most spectacular" wrestler of the time.

Riv1

• +71/-1062
    • View Profile
Re: Davey Boy vs. Dynamite Kid and their Legacies in Wrestling
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2019, 07:45:11 PM »
I always hear stuff about Dynamite and Tiger Mask revolutionizing shit, nothing really about Davey outside tagging w. Dynamite.
I liked Davey though, he was JACKED.

-shrug-

’One broken scourge, coming right up!’