Herochat

Who are the top prospects in Impact Wrestling?

Sick Nick

• +10/-2
    • View Profile
Who are the top prospects in Impact Wrestling?
« on: January 08, 2019, 11:27:30 AM »
I just started watching Impact Wrestling again after a break of about, oooh, 6 years? Last time I was watching, Magnus had just become Champion, Bully Ray was still there ... I think AJ Styles had just left. The company was still called TNA.

Well, it looks like the crowds have shrunk but there are still some damn good wrestlers there. Who do you particularly rate?

Brian Cage is a given. The guy is fucking awesome. It's ridiculous that this guy isn't in WWE, Vince would cum in his pants at the sight of him, and he can work too.

I really like Killer Kross, he is great as a psycho monster heel. He wouldn't quite pull it off in WWE where the bodies are bigger but at 6'2'', 240lbs, he towers over most TNA guys and his promos and facials are great. Eddie Edwards needs to take lessons from this guy in how to look like a manic without looking like an imbecile with your tongue hanging out. He's got some incredible chain suplexes as well, going seamlessly from one variation to another without letting go.

Rich Swan - nothing visually but damn, this man can fly. Smooth as silk, even if he's unproven on the mic. The crowds 'ooh' and 'aah' at his antics. He's like 2019's version of Petey Williams.

Eli Drake has a helluva physique but I haven't seen him in a big match yet. Is he any good? He seems decent on the mic. I'm guessing he has WWE experience.

OVE are awesome, I love that gimmick and what a bunch of arseholes there are. Callihan's a good worker too.

Over on the Knockouts side of things, Tessa Blanchard is so far ahead of the competition, it's not funny but Taya Valkyrie's gathering momentum and is showing great charisma. Being acknowledged onscreen as Johnny Impact's significant other doesn't do any harm. Jordynne Grace is good at getting the crowd behind her too, for somebody with so little big match experience.

Who are your favourites there?
Hyrkanian Badass

He'll be buying drinks all night then.

Riv1

• +78/-1066
    • View Profile
Re: Who are the top prospects in Impact Wrestling?
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2019, 02:21:26 PM »
Brian Cage is a given. The guy is fucking awesome. It's ridiculous that this guy isn't in WWE, Vince would cum in his pants at the sight of him, and he can work too.

Cage competed w. WWE wrestlers in Deep South Wrestling, though he was never officialy signed w. that company, so WWE knew about him. When WWE and DSW split, Cage went to Cally, and i guess wound up at LU.

Sick Nick

• +10/-2
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2019, 04:48:11 AM »

Cage competed w. WWE wrestlers in Deep South Wrestling, though he was never officialy signed w. that company, so WWE knew about him. When WWE and DSW split, Cage went to Cally, and i guess wound up at LU.

Apparently WWE has expressed an interest in him but there was so much red tape and procrastination from WWE during the negotiation process that Cage gave up and decided to go elsewhere

FWIW, when Cage was competing in DSW, he was about 50lbs lighter and was nowhere near as polished as he is now.
Hyrkanian Badass

He'll be buying drinks all night then.

Riv1

• +78/-1066
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2019, 05:45:14 AM »
Thats fair enough (the red tape, the size and experience), but WWE has ppl who’s job it is to have an eye for talent. Ah well, their loss!