Herochat

Aquaman trilogy

Bandido

• +10/-2
  • I can't let you do that Starfox.
    • View Profile
Re: Aquaman trilogy
« Reply #15 on: January 10, 2019, 02:52:46 PM »
Like he a had a legitimate grievance with Arthur.

ProjectCornDog

• +14/-14
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 10, 2019, 03:31:11 PM »
The movie was good but not great. Some scenes were absolutely spectacular in isolation however (Aquaman vs sea monsters, Aquaman bringing Topo to water, etc).

I see Black Manta being a really cool Legion of Doom member down the line, but as the villain of Aquaman 2 (facing Arthur who recently just became king of the strongest or second strongest [Themyscira] nation on Earth. Forgive me if I don't see him being much of a threat alone without them doing to Aquaman what Shane Black did to Iron Man in Iron Man 3 (completely and utterly depowering him when he technically should have been upgraded).

therock

• +53/-65
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 10, 2019, 05:43:15 PM »
he can always get a stronger suit

maybe some other merchnaries he working with. Maybe him and deathstroke teaming up

ProjectCornDog

• +14/-14
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 10, 2019, 10:33:00 PM »
he can always get a stronger suit

maybe some other merchnaries he working with. Maybe him and deathstroke teaming up

That would be cool. Hopefully Deathstroke doesn't go unused now that Affleck is out of the Batman role.

Accel

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 11, 2019, 04:29:07 AM »
He was so comical angry at Aquaman when everything that went wrong was straight up his and his dad's fault. I never felt less sympathy for a character since everyone in Rent.
I did find it funny how he had to gall to demand Aquaman help his dad right after he tried to kill him, along with killing some other schmuck.
I think he would have worked better if they either made him integral to the climax or just cut him out of the film and saved him for a sequel down the line.  As it is, he just exists to add an unnecessary extra action sequence to pad out the movie some more.

AP

• +122/-56
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 11, 2019, 05:58:31 AM »
He was so comical angry at Aquaman when everything that went wrong was straight up his and his dad's fault. I never felt less sympathy for a character since everyone in Rent.
I did find it funny how he had to gall to demand Aquaman help his dad right after he tried to kill him, along with killing some other schmuck.
I think he would have worked better if they either made him integral to the climax or just cut him out of the film and saved him for a sequel down the line.  As it is, he just exists to add an unnecessary extra action sequence to pad out the movie some more.

Orm used him in a false flag attack on Atlantis.

Accel

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 11, 2019, 03:36:45 PM »
Yeah, but he became very irrelevant to the plot after that, despite the amount of screentime he got.

NeoGreenLantern

• +93/-23
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 11, 2019, 03:48:21 PM »
They should have straight up went the Boba Fett route with him.  Just a relentless Merc. Never even show him without his mask.

Bandido

• +10/-2
  • I can't let you do that Starfox.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 11, 2019, 04:04:08 PM »
So like, better than Boba Fett.

But yes.

NeoGreenLantern

• +93/-23
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 11, 2019, 04:07:47 PM »
Well Fett was relentless. It just all just happened behind the scenes.

But yes

therock

• +53/-65
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 11, 2019, 07:35:24 PM »

but that action scene was bad ass bro

Bran Mak Morn

• +16/-15
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 11, 2019, 08:19:04 PM »
Personally I thought Manta's mercs were more credible & skilled than him.

Manta seemed more like an annoyance than a serious threat to AM.

And it seriously lost its shock value when everybody kept making explosive entrances.