Herochat

Is anybody else sick of the whole "We need Diversity/Boo Diveristy!" thing yet?

HalloweenJack

• +41/-10
  • Rowdy AF
    • View Profile
I mean I've had a few days off now that work has slowed down and I've been youtubing and I'm literally about to swear off youtube.

Both sides of this are just making me lose my mind. Truthfully, more the anti-side to be honest. You don't really much of the pro-side because I don't think they really care, unless it's on like Twitter or something. The pro-side does have alot of missteps, changing characters with long histories to just try and do the whole representation thing.  I get that and I don't care for that at all.

But the anti-side, they're losing their minds over Brie Larson making lighthearted banter in an interview saying Thanos is a little shrimpy.

example https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8wPfquzaFIw

In fact, anything Captain Marvel related is making them go crazy AF, probably because it's a girl. Or like when Black Panther came out and alot of them are straining not to drop the n-bomb and criticizing Wakandan politics (even though the movie was doing that too)

Then there was the guy down in Movies and TV going on about Into The Spiderverse and everything for Spider-Gwen or Miles.

It's like chill the fuck out already.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2019, 07:13:55 PM by HalloweenJack »

Kallor

• +8/-1
    • View Profile
It's terrible and it has infected online comic discussion nearly everywhere.   

therock

• +56/-65
    • View Profile
I blame YouTube and needing clicks

granted some of the creator dont help due to the way they clap back at the critique

think some comic fans cautions about change in general. adding politics, race, and gender just adds a nitro boost to it

Panthergod

• +49/-85
    • View Profile
I think the continued self exposure of rampant racism within fandom is quite entertaining myself.

AP

• +129/-56
    • View Profile
Both sides can be annoying, yeah.

NeoGreenLantern

• +97/-23
    • View Profile
I'm getting pretty tired of it. I fall into the pro-diversity side but even a lot of libtards can be grating. I get it though. I became a fan of DC during the 90s when we got Kyle Rayner, Superboy, etc, etc. The multiracial background of Connor Hawke drew me to the character because I saw myself in him so I get why representation is important.

The anti-side is god damn crazy too. It's sad seeing a great artist like EVS just burn every possible bridge and fuck his career for such a dumb hill to die on.

Riv1

• +73/-1062
    • View Profile
I dont really hear about it unless i red something here, and i dont look for it online, so, not sick of it i guess.

the Awesome Truth is...i broke scourge

NeoGreenLantern

• +97/-23
    • View Profile
If you follow any creators on Twitter its hard to avoid. Like I follow Gail Simone and a lot of people just randomly attack her for no reason. Like saying her Domino series is too girly.

And I brought up EVS before because that guy has been just been batty on Twitter. I had to stop reading his tweets.

Riv1

• +73/-1062
    • View Profile
I can see how that would get old quick.
I’m not one to really overthink my stories, i just want to be entertained. The other day someone tried starting a conversation on the ‘anti fascist messages’ in Indiana Jones and The Last Crusade.
I left the thread.

For the record i’m enjoying the Domino book. I know Simone rubs a lot of ppl wrong, but she writes well. I dont like -all- her stuff, but if i dont its not because any messages or anything.

NeoGreenLantern

• +97/-23
    • View Profile
Why is that even needed to be a discussion? It's not like the message is very hidden. The bad guys are Nazis.

Riv1

• +73/-1062
    • View Profile
No idea man. I didnt stick around to find out.

NeoGreenLantern

• +97/-23
    • View Profile
I was watching Dodgeball the other day and I noticed there is a lot of hidden messages about how you should love yourself in it. Isn't that crazy?

Riv1

• +73/-1062
    • View Profile
^^^Really? I only watched that movie once.
I was opposed to the plethora of pro pirate propaganda.

HalloweenJack

• +41/-10
  • Rowdy AF
    • View Profile
and now Immortal Hulk apparently.

NeoGreenLantern

• +97/-23
    • View Profile
What about it?