Herochat

#ReleaseTheSnyderCut are the anti-vaxxers of comic fandom

Not BAMF

• +23/-15
    • View Profile
#ReleaseTheSnyderCut are the anti-vaxxers of comic fandom
« on: December 30, 2018, 01:58:23 PM »
I can't believe this is such a thing that still has so much dedication and momentum. I can't browse Twitter at all without running across these people anymore (probably my fault for following it into a rabbit hole one day, and now my Twitter algorithm thinks I want more).

Like, I didn't enjoy Aquaman, but I can kind of see why others are happy with it. It's at least a huge step forward from where the DCEU came from. But Man of Steel and Batman Vs Superman are objectively garbage-ass films. And there are people that think JLA would be better if Snyder was MORE involved? What reality are these people living in?

altoon

• +12/-5
    • View Profile
Re: #ReleaseTheSnyderCut are the anti-vaxxers of comic fandom
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2018, 04:19:31 PM »
That fact that none Snyder DCEU films do better in the B.O. shows WB everything they need to know.

therock

• +56/-65
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2018, 04:45:22 PM »
more interested in the joker cut of suicide squad. since it seem like a lot

think people interested in lost content namely if it's a huge amount. why not put an extra. did it with donner and back to the future

that said hope they now away from the dark tone

and the shouting basicly a whole movie to Frankenstein it.  thst rarely works

HalloweenJack

• +43/-10
  • Rowdy AF
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2018, 06:47:11 PM »
What reality are these people living in?

I dunno....Bizarro World?

Not BAMF

• +23/-15
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2018, 07:51:02 PM »
It really feels like it.

DarthAlani

• +3/-1
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2018, 07:58:55 PM »
Snyder has a fanatical but small fan base.

Accel

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2019, 02:34:00 PM »
I don't think a Snyder-cut would necessarily be great, but it might be better that what we got, which was just kind of a hot mess due 2 different directors styles clashing. It really seems a lot of people wanted a scapegoat for why Justice League didn't turn out that well, so they pointed their fingers at Joss Whedon for "ruining" it as if it was completely fine under Snyder.

Honestly, despite some questionable decisions, I felt like Whedon at least got the characters better than Snyder did.  Justice League was the first time that Superman actually felt like Superman, whereas Snyder's Superman was easily the worst version of the character ever on screen.

INDRA THUNDERER

• +5/-5
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 01, 2019, 02:43:08 PM »
I  Justice League was the first time that Superman actually felt like Superman, whereas Snyder's Superman was easily the worst version of the character ever on screen.
THIS!!Just watched this again the other day,& it was far worse than previous views!Snyder's cut could possibly be even worse!
« Last Edit: January 01, 2019, 08:01:06 PM by INDRA THUNDERER »

AP

• +132/-56
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 01, 2019, 02:55:10 PM »
I watched the deleted scenes from BvS.  It would actually make the movie even more dull.  A lot of it concerns Lois researching that bullet and figuring out Lex did the thing she already suspected Lex of doing.  There's also some random guy going to prison and getting stabbed, Supes busting some missiles at the beginning, and Clark doing some investigative journalism in Gotham to learn that Batman is a meanie.  That scene is really weird because some random guy in an apartment building talks to Clark and is scratching at a lotto ticket at the same time.  When he's done talking, it turns out he scratched the bat-symbol onto his ticket, thus screwing himself out of the jackpot.

Bran Mak Morn

• +17/-15
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 01, 2019, 10:10:21 PM »
I watched the deleted scenes from BvS.

Yeah I recall you thought burning Martha alive with a flame thrower was ridiculous.

But there's a deleted scene in the beginning showing the guy had a penchant for setting people on fire.

Riv1

• +78/-1066
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 01, 2019, 11:58:51 PM »
I  Justice League was the first time that Superman actually felt like Superman, whereas Snyder's Superman was easily the worst version of the character ever on screen.
That was one of the most pleasant surprised about the JL mivie for me. A Superman that was actually...likable.

HalloweenJack

• +43/-10
  • Rowdy AF
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 02, 2019, 04:47:58 PM »
That's the first thing I said when I saw it.

In twenty seconds, JL GOT Superman, whereas MOS and BvS didn't

AP

• +132/-56
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 02, 2019, 05:35:15 PM »
I watched the deleted scenes from BvS.

Yeah I recall you thought burning Martha alive with a flame thrower was ridiculous.

But there's a deleted scene in the beginning showing the guy had a penchant for setting people on fire.

Yeah, the Snyder cut at least gave an explanation for that.

That was one of the most pleasant surprised about the JL mivie for me. A Superman that was actually...likable.
That's the first thing I said when I saw it.

In twenty seconds, JL GOT Superman, whereas MOS and BvS didn't

Also true.  If there's one thing I give JL credit for is that they made Superman look like a decent guy, even if he made the team useless.

HalloweenJack

• +43/-10
  • Rowdy AF
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 02, 2019, 06:36:50 PM »
so business as usual.