Herochat

Black Mirror bandersnatch

AP

• +122/-56
    • View Profile
Re: Black Mirror bandersnatch
« Reply #15 on: January 03, 2019, 09:37:03 PM »
Yeah, you set him up to fail, sort of.

I would've loved to see more fourth wall breaking.  I'd like to see them get more meta.

Oh, and Pax freaked me out.  It's rare that monsters actually scare me in movies anymore but I really dreaded that guy.  It helps that when he does show up, it's not as expected.

NeoGreenLantern

• +93/-23
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 03, 2019, 10:03:13 PM »
Yeah it needed to go off the rails more.

Question. Did anyone get the ending where the game is never made but then a modern day programmer is working on a remake? That was supposed to be Colin Ritman's kid right?

AP

• +122/-56
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 03, 2019, 10:29:17 PM »
Yeah, I didn’t realize it was supposed to be Colin’s daughter until someone told me on another forum.  She shows up if you chop your dad up.  It’s my favorite ending.

NeoGreenLantern

• +93/-23
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 03, 2019, 10:38:16 PM »
Yeah if you follow him instead of going to the therapist you find out he has a daughter. When the programmer found the game in her dad's stuff I figured it was Colin but I wasn't sure.

therock

• +53/-65
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 03, 2019, 11:58:38 PM »
Yeah, it's weird that the best the guy can do is just die as a child, basically.

Come to thing about it, if we assume the mysterys in the other endings are true in multiple universe, there is one good ending

The one where his game a great success when he talked about the illiusion of free will. Yea he killed his dad, but if you look at the other endings his dad was a bastard.

NeoGreenLantern

• +93/-23
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 04, 2019, 12:21:30 AM »
Is there an ending where he doesn't get caught?

AP

• +122/-56
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 04, 2019, 05:20:07 AM »
Yeah if you follow him instead of going to the therapist you find out he has a daughter. When the programmer found the game in her dad's stuff I figured it was Colin but I wasn't sure.

I followed him the first time I played.  I just forgot he had a daughter.

Is there an ending where he doesn't get caught?

Doesn't seem like it.  Once Dad is dead, you either chop him up, bury him, or call the therapist and everything after that leads to an arrest (and sometimes involves you killing Colin or his boss).

Whiskeyclone

• +8/-1
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 10, 2019, 01:36:46 PM »
Wow, just reading you guys talk about it makes me realize there are even more options and endings than I had realized - and I thought I saw a lot of it when I watched. I assume someone else here has got to kung fu battle the therapist and dad?

I enjoyed the Bandersnatch experience more than a lot of episodes of the main show, which I find way more inconsistent than it seems most people do.

NeoGreenLantern

• +93/-23
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 10, 2019, 01:53:01 PM »
Yeah the Kung Fu fight was part of the Netflix path. As soon as I got option to tell him about Netflix I had to do it.

AP

• +122/-56
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 10, 2019, 02:03:12 PM »
On the trailer, I caught a glimpse of the book author (the guy who killed his wife) laughing like a loon.  Did anyone ever find that path?

therock

• +53/-65
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 10, 2019, 04:29:58 PM »
Yeah the Kung Fu fight was part of the Netflix path. As soon as I got option to tell him about Netflix I had to do it.

love the ending. But kind of took me out of the other ending...since it seem like a lot of the edings may not matter since none of them seem like a real ending

since the father at times
Evil
Good
Not reall
A thug
an actor
An mad scienctist mastermind
or just loving father

Which make me mixed if I care if he dies

Whiskeyclone

• +8/-1
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 14, 2019, 01:20:16 PM »
I went back for a second go and feel satisfied that I got most of the worthwhile stuff, including what was apparently the "proper" ending complete with credits. Once again - really good fun.

Bran Mak Morn

• +16/-15
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: Today at 02:01:36 AM »
What platforms are you guys watching this on?

All we get here on Netflix (Aust) is the 2min promo basically telling us we can't access this show.

I know I can watch it on my smartphone to access the interactive functions but fuck that.

AP

• +122/-56
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Today at 05:01:03 AM »
What platforms are you guys watching this on?

All we get here on Netflix (Aust) is the 2min promo basically telling us we can't access this show.

I know I can watch it on my smartphone to access the interactive functions but fuck that.

I watch it on my laptop.

Not BAMF

• +22/-15
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Today at 12:42:21 PM »
I watched it on Netflix through Roku on the TV.
https://gotstratosphere.com/2019/01/08/show-1-8-19-a-semi-serious-discussion/ (A discussion on diversity and legacy characters, uh-oh! And we review Black Beetle)