Herochat

Thorne is an ephebophile

therock

• +65/-65
    • View Profile
Re: Kevin Spacey has lost his mind
« Reply #15 on: December 25, 2018, 11:49:58 PM »

think it all depends how old the guy was at the time

I'm not certain, but I think Spacey must have been 40ish at the time. And if the young person was 18...  Besides, I'm not condoning the behavior, all I'm saying is that if this had happened at a party any of us were at and the next day you heard that somebody got drunk and grabbed someone's ass but no one got hurt and that's as far as it went no one would be saying that the guy in question should lose his job or go to jail.
   The strongest response would be maybe a slap in the face and then everything forgotten. There has to be some middle ground.
[/quote]

Ask because the whole parents let their teenager part of the story. sounded like the guy may of been young by the way the story was told with the LET them part

Bran Mak Morn

• +18/-15
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 26, 2018, 12:19:35 AM »
There's apparently TWO separate incidents that everybody's seeming to jumble the details into one incident.

There's the initial party with the 14 yr old (guy in Star Trek) & allegations of groping in bed.

Then there's the recent...Spacey met an 18 yr old in a bar. Both got drunk & Spacey made a pass at him by groping the guy. The guy felt uncomfortable & left. End of story.
"It's like trying to teach a pig to sing.
It won't work & you just end up annoying the pig."
-Judge Judy.

Strawman Abridged

• +21/-5
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 26, 2018, 12:22:22 AM »
I dunno, from the sound of things, Spacey's built up quite a rep based on several incidents that go beyond that One Time At Actor's Camp.

AP

• +135/-56
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 26, 2018, 08:46:37 AM »

I'm not certain, but I think Spacey must have been 40ish at the time. And if the young person was 18...  Besides, I'm not condoning the behavior, all I'm saying is that if this had happened at a party any of us were at and the next day you heard that somebody got drunk and grabbed someone's ass but no one got hurt and that's as far as it went no one would be saying that the guy in question should lose his job or go to jail.
   The strongest response would be maybe a slap in the face and then everything forgotten. There has to be some middle ground.
[/quote]

As stated, the kid who passed out was 14, so that is very much illegal.

And if you are at a company party and the secretary passes out and you grab her tits, then you would likely be fired and possibly slapped with a lawsuit.  There wouldn't be jail time but there would be repercussions.

therock

• +65/-65
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 26, 2018, 01:34:30 PM »

As stated, the kid who passed out was 14, so that is very much illegal.

And if you are at a company party and the secretary passes out and you grab her tits, then you would likely be fired and possibly slapped with a lawsuit.  There wouldn't be jail time but there would be repercussions.
[/quote]

Hell Al Fraken got in trouble for just hovering over some tits

Thorne

• +35/-16
  • Bad Penny
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 26, 2018, 04:02:47 PM »
None of this alleged activity should be grounds for throwing an actor's career away.

Either prove it in court or let the man get on with acting.

AP

• +135/-56
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 26, 2018, 04:24:03 PM »
None of this alleged activity should be grounds for throwing an actor's career away.

So you're cool with fondling kids?

Tjackflash

• +6/-36
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 26, 2018, 04:42:00 PM »

No... I'm cool with someone being considered innocent before being proved guilty. At least that's the way things were supposed to go before any group of chowderheads on the Internet could set up their own version of the blacklist.
'cause justice is the one thing you should always find.

Thorne

• +35/-16
  • Bad Penny
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 26, 2018, 04:51:38 PM »

From the age of 1 to 12 that's very much a NO

13 and on it is what it is. By 13 if you haven't started experimenting with sex in some form or another then you're sheltered and bless your heart.

Any 13+ person who mingles with someone like a celebrity or famous person of any sort already has some level of sophistication, ie they don't have 100% innocence rating.

And finally, innocent before being proved guilty. Kind of important to have evidence of wrongdoing, put on a trial of your peers and judged accordingly, otherwise it's business as usual.

Not BAMF

• +23/-15
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 26, 2018, 04:55:10 PM »

From the age of 1 to 12 that's very much a NO

13 and on it is what it is. By 13 if you haven't started experimenting with sex in some form or another then you're sheltered and bless your heart.

Any 13+ person who mingles with someone like a celebrity or famous person of any sort already has some level of sophistication, ie they don't have 100% innocence rating.

And finally, innocent before being proved guilty. Kind of important to have evidence of wrongdoing, put on a trial of your peers and judged accordingly, otherwise it's business as usual.

Do you know what "innocent before proven guilty" means? Is Kevin Spacey in jail?

The rest of what you said is just disturbing.
https://gotstratosphere.com/2019/04/16/show-4-16-19-hellish-boy/ (Best and worst comic shop experiences! And a review of 5 Minute Marvel)

therock

• +65/-65
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 26, 2018, 05:22:29 PM »
innocent till proven gulity is a law thing

But if your running a buisness can see them going "meh dont want to deal with this shit"

Namely if it multiple shit. Like I think reshooting his scenes in that movie was over board
But can see the house of cards thing

Thorne

• +35/-16
  • Bad Penny
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 26, 2018, 05:22:37 PM »
Do you know what "innocent before proven guilty" means? Is Kevin Spacey in jail?

Yeah but does Kevin Spacey have any prospect of an acting job the rest of this decade over an unproven allegation?

The rest of what you said is just disturbing.

From a certain point of view. Not my own mind you, personally I wouldn't mess with anyone under 21 but that's just me, I could see how someone would go with a teenager (teen being the key word) because some teens can look and act older than the number they are.

NeoGreenLantern

• +101/-23
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 26, 2018, 05:31:13 PM »
"oh well the act older" isn't any reasonable or sensible reason to date a teenager let alone a fondle one who is past out.

And a young actor might be mature for their age but that doesn't mean they are actually are mature.

Thorne

• +35/-16
  • Bad Penny
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 26, 2018, 05:32:23 PM »
Darcy Brittain-Dissont --13

vs

Meadow Grace Boyd --also 13

I'm just saying not all teens are the same level of teen.

therock

• +65/-65
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 26, 2018, 05:36:11 PM »
oooo, your not coming out great in this Throne.