Herochat

So what you guys think of the latest shut down

therock

• +56/-65
    • View Profile
Re: So what you guys think of the latest shut down
« Reply #15 on: January 15, 2019, 11:23:59 AM »
I'm kinda glad the TSA is getting fucked with but not in this manner.

What wrong with the TSA exactly. Don't they mostly just check people through the metal detector. As security go it not exactly orwell

The shoe and water thing can get annoying but aint the workers fault..who mostly the ones getting screwed over

AP

• +129/-56
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 15, 2019, 11:29:26 AM »

What wrong with the TSA exactly. Don't they mostly just check people through the metal detector. As security go it not exactly orwell

The shoe and water thing can get annoying but aint the workers fault..who mostly the ones getting screwed over

You haven't been reading up on the long list of wrong doings by TSA agents since the Bush administration?  They're very Orwellian.  And superfluous.  They are the ICE of airports.

therock

• +56/-65
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 15, 2019, 11:37:24 AM »

You haven't been reading up on the long list of wrong doings by TSA agents since the Bush administration?  They're very Orwellian.  And superfluous.  They are the ICE of airports.

I wouldn't compare them to ice. They aren't getting people killed and barging into people homes. Also  if we have the orgnazation and if they showing up...they should get paid. Sometime it actully cost money for them to get to work

therock

• +56/-65
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 15, 2019, 11:50:00 AM »
Helll they cant even pad you down if your of a different sex. Have to switch people when its a woman or a man. Which granted annoying if you say you don't care and just want to get through the line, you still have to go through it anyway

AP

• +129/-56
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 15, 2019, 12:32:01 PM »

I wouldn't compare them to ice. They aren't getting people killed and barging into people homes. Also  if we have the orgnazation and if they showing up...they should get paid. Sometime it actully cost money for them to get to work

They barge into peoples' private life as a part of the job.  They are a product of the War on Terror.  And they do affect safety:

https://www.travelandleisure.com/articles/tsa-investigation-on-ethical-misconduct
https://townhall.com/tipsheet/justinholcomb/2017/02/13/12-tsa-agents-arrested-in-massive-puerto-rican-cocaine-scandal-n2285374

On top of that, as long as TSA has been around, they have not caught a single terrorist.

Helll they cant even pad you down if your of a different sex. Have to switch people when its a woman or a man. Which granted annoying if you say you don't care and just want to get through the line, you still have to go through it anyway

Switching between men and women doesn't mean that can't still grope you and, if they feel like it, make you strip.  There have been a ton of sexual harassment and sexual assault cases involving TSA.  Even as recently as four months ago, there was a TSA agent accused of groping a 13 year old.

Oh, and they cannot be sued: https://www.mercurynews.com/2018/07/11/tsa-agents-cannot-be-sued-over-allegations-of-abuse-federal-court-rules/

therock

• +56/-65
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 15, 2019, 12:57:21 PM »

They barge into peoples' private life as a part of the job.  They are a product of the War on Terror.  And they do affect safety:

https://www.travelandleisure.com/articles/tsa-investigation-on-ethical-misconduct
https://townhall.com/tipsheet/justinholcomb/2017/02/13/12-tsa-agents-arrested-in-massive-puerto-rican-cocaine-scandal-n2285374

On top of that, as long as TSA has been around, they have not caught a single terrorist.

Switching between men and women doesn't mean that can't still grope you and, if they feel like it, make you strip.  There have been a ton of sexual harassment and sexual assault cases involving TSA.  Even as recently as four months ago, there was a TSA agent accused of groping a 13 year old.

Oh, and they cannot be sued: https://www.mercurynews.com/2018/07/11/tsa-agents-cannot-be-sued-over-allegations-of-abuse-federal-court-rules/

well it not like that pro cocaine smuggling so that more on those 12 guys then the TSA itself. and how are they invading your privacy besides scanning or checking your bags if the alarm go off. which as security goes pretty low key

as for padding people down even without a TSA officially you would still have people randomly getting padded down. also switching sexes doesnt end it but it's a step

now granted you should be able to sue

AP

• +129/-56
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 15, 2019, 01:40:46 PM »
All the things listed got worse after the creation of the TSA.  Before that, it was airport security.  Security that could be fired and/or sued.

Also, as I keep mentioning, the TSA is completely superfluous and a waste of tax payer money, which was also why I drew comparisons to ICE.

therock

• +56/-65
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 15, 2019, 06:34:17 PM »
All the things listed got worse after the creation of the TSA.  Before that, it was airport security.  Security that could be fired and/or sued.

Also, as I keep mentioning, the TSA is completely superfluous and a waste of tax payer money, which was also why I drew comparisons to ICE.

well you could just change the not being able to sue part

but that rule not the fault of the worker why punish them when a lot just doing standard security shit

a better comparison is comparing them to homeland security but that doesnt have nearly the negative reputation if ice which why it a bit if an unfair comparrison

therock

• +56/-65
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 15, 2019, 06:40:02 PM »
also as much I think ice unnecessary wouldnt want them not to get paid if they are working

end the program if we much but if there doing a job they should get paid

NeoGreenLantern

• +97/-23
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 16, 2019, 02:29:48 PM »
So who do you think is gonna break? My money is on McConnell.

therock

• +56/-65
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 17, 2019, 02:39:03 PM »
So who do you think is gonna break? My money is on McConnell.

Well Dems holding the cards

The polls seem to be blaming Trump
Trump said it was HIS shut down
They can show the offered him a deal that all the republicans sign up for..till someone basicly called Trump a pussy in the media
The wall popularity has drop
The idea of using the shut down to cover that wall is VERY low

Then Again Dems are MASSIVE pussies

meanwhile Trump says he canceling Pelosi foreign trip

therock

• +56/-65
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 26, 2019, 12:09:25 AM »
Well the shut down is over

The madness has ended......

For 3 weeks. Then the argument back on

Propeus The Fallen

• +36/-6
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 26, 2019, 03:15:53 AM »
Trump caved in like The Flintstones renovating their home.

Pretty much Trump wasted time and money to get exactly what was agreed upon earlier.

Also, he destroyed his rep as a "master negotiator" and learned a valuable lesson: DON'T ---- WITH NANCY PELOSI. :)