Keinshin vs Samurai Jack
« on: December 06, 2018, 03:42:57 PM »
How does this go?

Almighty Tallest

• +3/-3
    • View Profile
Re: Keinshin vs Samurai Jack
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2018, 05:14:09 PM »
Kenshin is flashier due to being an anime, but Jack was OP even before the final season that made him even more OP.

And he's more than fast enough to react to all of his Hiten-Mitsurugi techniques while being massively stronger and super tough.  The different styles would be amazing to watch in a fight though.

Red Exodus

• +14/-22
  • The one you've been smashing for!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2018, 05:41:12 PM »
Yeah this is stupidly one-sided.

Kallor

• +8/-1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2018, 05:56:28 PM »
My initial impression upon first seeing this match years ago, was that Jack was stronger but Kenshin was faster.  Jack had lots of strong strikes and physical feats in the episodes I recalled, while Kenshin had feats where he would enter shinsoku(godspeed) and hit multiple spots  simultaneously. 

However, nearly every thread I've seen ended up saying Jack's actually faster as well, so *shrug*  My guess would be that Kenshin is more consistently speedy but Jack has higher outliers.

Almighty Tallest

• +3/-3
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2018, 06:50:52 PM »
My initial impression upon first seeing this match years ago, was that Jack was stronger but Kenshin was faster.  Jack had lots of strong strikes and physical feats in the episodes I recalled, while Kenshin had feats where he would enter shinsoku(godspeed) and hit multiple spots  simultaneously. 

However, nearly every thread I've seen ended up saying Jack's actually faster as well, so *shrug*  My guess would be that Kenshin is more consistently speedy but Jack has higher outliers.

Jack has easily deflected bullets, lasers, etc... And Kenshin has shown that the speediest people in that era still had issues with matchlock technology. Jack swats machinegun bullet waves fired by multiple enemies at least once or twice per episode. He's literally a cartoon character within his own cartoon. For example, when a 500 ton sumo jumped on him. He was just fine with only his skull being not crushed underneath said 500 tons. Survived re-entry as well as the fall from orbit, etc, etc...

Dalek

• +5/-3
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2018, 11:44:35 PM »
Seems I underestimated Jack. I really need to get around to watching more of that series, I have only seen a few episodes of it.

Bandido

• +10/-2
  • I can't let you do that Starfox.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2018, 01:17:30 AM »
Yeah, Jack is kicked rockets out of the air, jumped hundreds of feet with 20 ton boulders on his back defeated a group of bounty hunters before a raindrop touch the ground, fought hand-to-hand with stone golems and robots, etc...