Herochat

No Marvel/DC crossovers?

AP

• +119/-56
    • View Profile
Re: No Marvel/DC crossovers?
« Reply #15 on: December 03, 2018, 01:15:29 PM »
Probably because the crossovers were poorly written trash and "victories" were only based on fan votes?

You realize there was only one crossover involving fan votes right?

Red Exodus

• +14/-22
  • The one you've been smashing for!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 03, 2018, 01:51:51 PM »
Yes, and it still doesnt change the fact now does it.

Riv1

• +69/-1061
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 03, 2018, 03:47:14 PM »
^^^You’re talking about one particular crossover event, we’re talking about crossovers in general. ::)

The fact that you feel like bitching.

Knock knock. Who’s there? I broke scourge. HAHAHAHA!

Red Exodus

• +14/-22
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 03, 2018, 05:55:10 PM »
^^^You’re talking about one particular crossover event, we’re talking about crossovers in general.

I'm talking about all of them.

They just aren't good. The characters operate in completely different mediums, I don't see any appeal to them crossing over, let alone fighting. Characters within the same universe crossing over are infinitely more interesting and have been, both in concept and execution.

When you get characters from different mediums crossing over, it has zero to do with the creative teams working together to create a great story involving both characters, and instead, its more of an empty coprorate cash cow with little soul, out of character dialogue, terrible pacing, rushed execution, disregard for established history, etc. I guarantee you you'll never have Superman lose in a crossover story, and not because its logically feasible or not, but because he's Superman, he's a WB property corporate symbol, and it will be in the contract that he wins period. These crossovers are more corp politics than actual in-universe story.

When you're relevant, let me know.

AP

• +119/-56
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 03, 2018, 06:55:19 PM »

It’s weird that there have been a few dozen Marvel/DC crossovers since the late 70’s but you describe them all like Marvel vs DC.

Also the thing RIV said.

Riv1

• +69/-1061
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 03, 2018, 09:47:47 PM »
Hey, Ex. Letting you know. :)

Red Exodus

• +14/-22
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 04, 2018, 10:34:21 AM »
It’s weird that there have been a few dozen Marvel/DC crossovers since the late 70’s but you describe them all like Marvel vs DC.

You apparently can't read.

I've said they all suck, and I especially bring up the stupidity of the last crossover, which ended up being little more than a glorified popularity contest then an interesting and engaging story.

Also the thing RIV said.

Truth hurts huh?

Red Exodus

• +14/-22
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 04, 2018, 10:39:51 AM »

You're relevant now? About damn time. I'll go get Scourge.

AP

• +119/-56
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 04, 2018, 10:53:52 AM »

You apparently can't read

You said they had fights with fans voting on the outcome.  The implication is that all or most had them.  Using the plural form at all was incorrect.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2018, 10:56:21 AM by AP »

The Shuruku Demon

• +33/-7
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 04, 2018, 11:02:26 AM »
Some crossovers were pretty good, like the Superman/Spider-Man crossovers, Hulk/Superman, and Batman/Judge Dredd. I'd definitely be up for a Captain America/Deathstroke crossover, or Thor/Orion. Thor/Orion by Simonson would've been a dream project.

AP

• +119/-56
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 04, 2018, 11:05:26 AM »
Some crossovers were pretty good, like the Superman/Spider-Man crossovers, Hulk/Superman, and Batman/Judge Dredd. I'd definitely be up for a Captain America/Deathstroke crossover, or Thor/Orion. Thor/Orion by Simonson would've been a dream project.

I liked the Darkseid/Galactus crossover, mostly because that's one of the few super villain crossovers I've ever seen.

The Shuruku Demon

• +33/-7
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 04, 2018, 11:27:00 AM »
I liked the Darkseid/Galactus crossover, mostly because that's one of the few super villain crossovers I've ever seen.

Yeah, Byrne did a respectable job on that. I believe he got the basic premise of Galactus trying to feed on Apokolips from a fan at a convention.

Panthergod

• +45/-82
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 04, 2018, 02:56:38 PM »
^^^You’re talking about one particular crossover event, we’re talking about crossovers in general.

I'm talking about all of them.

They just aren't good. The characters operate in completely different mediums, I don't see any appeal to them crossing over, let alone fighting. Characters within the same universe crossing over are infinitely more interesting and have been, both in concept and execution.

When you get characters from different mediums crossing over, it has zero to do with the creative teams working together to create a great story involving both characters, and instead, its more of an empty coprorate cash cow with little soul, out of character dialogue, terrible pacing, rushed execution, disregard for established history, etc. I guarantee you you'll never have Superman lose in a crossover story, and not because its logically feasible or not, but because he's Superman, he's a WB property corporate symbol, and it will be in the contract that he wins period. These crossovers are more corp politics than actual in-universe story.

When you're relevant, let me know.

Everything in your post in an objective lie.

Red Exodus

• +14/-22
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 04, 2018, 04:35:07 PM »
That pot could not call that kettle anymore black than it already is.

Riv1

• +69/-1061
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 04, 2018, 04:43:59 PM »

You're relevant now? About damn time. I'll go get Scourge.
Remember Ex, you have the right to post dumbass opinions, i have the right to point that out, you have the right to get oh so upset about it, and i have the pleasure of laughing at you when you do.

Welcome to HC. :)