Herochat

Creed II

Bandido

• +10/-2
  • I can't let you do that Starfox.
    • View Profile
Creed II
« on: November 30, 2018, 02:10:31 AM »
Hits all the emotional Al beats you want it to, and few you don't expect.

Highlights (SPOILES):
Bianca singing for Adonis' ringwalk for the rematch. - Mic drop.
The dynamic between Ivan and Victor. Lundgren was shockingly present for this role and he could've phoned it in. You could see how much pain the years brought him and Victor (who errs between angry and afraid) and in the end, Ivan traded stubborn glory for to save his son.
Mary Anne Creed and Bianca standing up to Adonis. They weren't going to let him get away with the excuses for why he fights and why THIS fight. I like that they both knew knew him better than to let him slide, and they supported him taking the rematch.
Sly - Just in general.
The Double training montage nod to Rocky 4 and Adonis rising in "hell" to keep running.
Cinematography - The fights were more kinetic, faster and bolder this time around. And the sound of some of those hooks was gut churning.
Reserved use of the Rocky theme - This is a Creed film.

Low points:
Max Kellerman and Jim Lampley. I'm all for making the fights authentic, but it's a Rocky Movie. Them talking over the drama was cutting the tension. Especially because of how shallow their comments were.
Rocky's not explaining to Adonis why he won't train him the first time around.

Yeah so, MOAR!

Riv1

• +69/-1061
    • View Profile
Re: Creed II
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2018, 08:15:41 AM »
Nice to hear Dolph put in a good performance. Its his most famous role, so its nice he got a chance to revisit it.

Knock knock. Who’s there? I broke scourge. HAHAHAHA!

altoon

• +9/-5
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2018, 08:57:03 AM »
I would have liked more of Ivan and Viktor.  Especially with how Ivan wanted to be accepted by the upper class again and Viktor anger about it.

Riv1

• +69/-1061
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2018, 09:50:53 AM »
^^^the director said he’d be open to following the Dragos in a different film. That’d be interesting, to me.

Knock knock. Who’s there? I broke scourge. HAHAHAHA!