Herochat

NES Classic Edition and Super NES Classic Edition

ultrabender

• +2/-2
    • View Profile
NES Classic Edition and Super NES Classic Edition
« on: November 29, 2018, 10:30:05 AM »
Does anyone here own these awesome Nintendo plug and play systems, It was nice of Nintendo to make these for fans to enjoy.

These also have a good collection of games.

NeoGreenLantern

• +93/-23
    • View Profile
Re: NES Classic Edition and Super NES Classic Edition
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2018, 01:03:52 PM »
I got both. As good as they are I don't play them as often as I planned because of how short the controller cords yet and I haven't purchased any wireless ones.

Mightily Oats

• +77/-582
  • Master of Fagnetism
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2018, 01:58:43 PM »
NES Classic has basically been replaced by the Switch subscription NES thing, and I imagine the same will be true of the SNES in time

« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2018, 04:57:31 PM »
From what I understand these don't play cartridges?  That's a bummer the Sega Flashback plays carts.

Mightily Oats

• +77/-582
  • Master of Fagnetism
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2018, 03:16:31 AM »
From what I understand these don't play cartridges?  That's a bummer the Sega Flashback plays carts.
They don't; way too small for that.

But the Sega Flashback is a piece of shit, where this is not, so it's give and take

Even if it's obsolete now

NeoGreenLantern

• +93/-23
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2018, 01:46:09 PM »
Yeah they don't play cartridges but both are pretty comprehensive greatest hits collection unlike the PS1 one that came out.

Honestly these are for collectors. There is a million different ways to get the games in both of them. I mainly got them because I collect stupid shit, it was a quick way to fill in parts of my collection, and I have a 2 year old who these are perfect for.

Not BAMF

• +22/-15
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2018, 02:43:19 PM »
My wife had a shit ton of gift certificates or something for Kohl's. I could have bought the SNES one last night, but we ended up buying new pots and pans instead. I wasn't sure how much I was going to end up playing it if I bought it.
https://gotstratosphere.com/2019/01/08/show-1-8-19-a-semi-serious-discussion/ (A discussion on diversity and legacy characters, uh-oh! And we review Black Beetle)