Bran Mak Morn

• +17/-15
    • View Profile
Re: Fuck Batman! Titans discussion
« Reply #30 on: January 19, 2019, 06:48:00 AM »
Don’t even consider them a team at that point

And damn Dove with the nude scene

Jesus Christ Lyla Garrity is a Goddess.

Aerosmith's got some pretty fine offspring.
Steve fathered Liv & Dove is the daughter of Rick Dufay, the guitarist.

ProjectCornDog

• +16/-14
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 20, 2019, 10:39:18 AM »
Finished the show.

Best scene of course was the fight against Batman. Hell yeah! I think they portrayed Gotham, Wayne Manor, and the Batcave in a really cool way. Also, loving the Arkham Asylum based Batman suit.

Starfire is the main negative of the show. I actually thought she looked infinitely better in the last episode without that absurd lipstick and weird fur coat.

Main positive is all the Dick and Jason Todd fighting scenes. This is my favorite live-action version of Robin hands down. Clearly they are leading up to an epic Nightwing reveal. I wonder if that will be him saying no more to killing?

Panthergod

• +49/-87
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 20, 2019, 11:36:29 AM »
Let's see a substantive critique of Starfire as the shoes weakness, as she's among the best performances of the show. The outfit is a given.

ProjectCornDog

• +16/-14
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 20, 2019, 11:49:32 AM »
Of all the characters in the show, she is the one they most radically changed from her depiction from...well...the comics (I guess they took the bad elements from 52), shows, really anything she has ever been in. What happened to all the cool powers she had? I get that she was OP (a problem for many DC heroes) but to basically make her a flamethrower limited to the power of the sun? Pretty boring to be honest.

The amnesia thing where she lived a previous life of basically a criminal prostitute while trying to kill a teenage girl? If they're trying to get me to feel for the character, it's not working.

And as far as the aesthetics go, I think they matter. This is a super hero show, one reason we like super heroes is because they're supposed to have cool outfits. It's why Robin's reveal in the show, both to us and then the Titans was as cool as it was. To say it's a minor point I think is understating it. If they are going to radically change the appearance of Starfire (nothing wrong with casting a black actress, but if a character is orange then make her orange), then at least make her not painful to the eye.

-K-M-

• +14/-4
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 20, 2019, 11:54:02 AM »
Interviews with the producer have said starfire and raven will get comic inspired costumes.

Uhtceare

• +35/-10
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 20, 2019, 12:26:08 PM »
The actress who plays Starfire just doesn't look right. And no, I don't mean because she's black or not painted orange. I mean she just doesn't look sweet, and Starfire should look sweet. They should have cast Vanessa Morgan or someone with that look.

80sBaby

• +35/-8
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 20, 2019, 12:55:32 PM »
Finished the show.

Best scene of course was the fight against Batman. Hell yeah! I think they portrayed Gotham, Wayne Manor, and the Batcave in a really cool way. Also, loving the Arkham Asylum based Batman suit.

Starfire is the main negative of the show. I actually thought she looked infinitely better in the last episode without that absurd lipstick and weird fur coat.

Main positive is all the Dick and Jason Todd fighting scenes. This is my favorite live-action version of Robin hands down. Clearly they are leading up to an epic Nightwing reveal. I wonder if that will be him saying no more to killing?

Dick never killed anyone.

80sBaby

• +35/-8
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 20, 2019, 12:58:29 PM »
Let's see a substantive critique of Starfire as the shoes weakness, as she's among the best performances of the show. The outfit is a given.

She doesn't really come off as what most people think of as Starfire, in terms of personality. I can see that as a valid critique.

I love her, however, and agree her acting is probably the best of the main cast. She a great foil for Dick and is even helping in his transition to a leader/adult man. The superficial stiff I get but it doesn't ruin anything about the show it her character.

80sBaby

• +35/-8
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 20, 2019, 12:59:22 PM »
The actress who plays Starfire just doesn't look right. And no, I don't mean because she's black or not painted orange. I mean she just doesn't look sweet, and Starfire should look sweet. They should have cast Vanessa Morgan or someone with that look.

If they were making a live action version of the Teen Titans cartoon, you'd have more of a point.

Bandido

• +10/-2
  • I can't let you do that Starfox.
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 20, 2019, 02:45:04 PM »
Who plays Batman?

ProjectCornDog

• +16/-14
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 20, 2019, 04:37:25 PM »
Finished the show.

Dick never killed anyone.

Guess not but some of the individuals he fought's outcomes were questionable. He was absolutely thrashing people.

80sBaby

• +35/-8
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 20, 2019, 04:55:29 PM »
Brutal but they made a point about him not actually killing anyone. Unrealistic, sure but you know how that goes.

Bran Mak Morn

• +17/-15
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 20, 2019, 05:42:39 PM »
Unrealistic, sure but you know how that goes.

Totally agree.

I mean Dick seems to like pounding goon's faces in. When you watch how unrelentless he is, you start to wonder, "yeah that last punch definitely caused brain damage."

Then Dick doesn't stop pounding & you figure the guy's definitely not gonna recover.

Finished the show.

I found it humorous that the police raided Wayne Manor during the day time...like they applied the vampire myth to Bruce & figured he'd be weaker whilst the sun was still out!

ProjectCornDog

• +16/-14
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 21, 2019, 06:29:58 PM »
I found it humorous that the police raided Wayne Manor during the day time...like they applied the vampire myth to Bruce & figured he'd be weaker whilst the sun was still out!

Nice catch. I re-watched that episode and there were a lot of small nuances that really made it a solid season finale (and I generally despite lengthy dream sequences).

Do you guys think we're gonna see more Batman? It looks like they really build a nice set for Gotham City, Wayne Manor, Arkham Asylum, the Batcave (it even had a Batmobile!), and more.

AP

• +132/-56
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 21, 2019, 07:33:40 PM »
I've been trying to get into it but it seems like it's tryign too hard ot be edgy.  I'm not invested in anyone.