Herochat

You know, I don't have high hopes for the Evolution

kensai

• +1/-0
    • View Profile
You know, I don't have high hopes for the Evolution
« on: October 26, 2018, 09:32:47 PM »
 Aside for the Flair/Becky match, I find nothing else appealing.
Thoughts?

Riv1

• +67/-1059
    • View Profile
Re: You know, I don't have high hopes for the Evolution
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2018, 12:28:11 AM »
I’m not interested in either.
Not cuz its all female, just cuz its WWE.

breaking scourge...was no challenge

Propeus The Fallen

• +32/-6
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2018, 03:13:54 AM »
Yeah, it feels like a bunch of lazy matches and missed opportunities. Take Bayley and Sasha you had a perfect set up with them being angry, trying to be friends, only from a turn (either one would work for me) instead...teaming up to face the Riott Squad. In a match, I'm pretty sure was already on RAW once.

Battle Royal for a title shot: Again, a lot of great wrestlers stuck in a battle royal. Event he stipulation doesn't mean much to me because--when has winning a battle royal turned out good for anyone. Hell, I think the angry spirit of Andre the Giant is haunting WM and puts a curse on whomever wins that battle royal.

Oh, and you had Asuka win the first royal rumble and...lose to Charlotte because she's tall and blond (what Vince likes) and is a Flair (what Triple H likes).

Okay, Asuka's not winning because she don't speak english good like we does. I mean, you could give her a manager and let him or her speak for her--but that's Brock's gimmick. It's a battle royal and it'll be okay probably. As for a winner...Ember Moon because why not.

The Riotte Squad vs Sasha, Bayley and Nattie: Wow. I care so little for this match. Although those mean nasty Riott Squad girls might tip over someone's drink and laugh at them. So dastardly. Riott Squad probably wins and maybe, just maybe, we get on with the Sasha vs Bayley feud.

And I've been meaning to comment on this: Kurt Angle wanting them not to fight--That had to be the stupidest thing I've heard in a long time. You don't want them to feud--THAT'S WHAT WRESTLING IS! No wonder he was put on paid not vacation.

Trish and Lita vs Alicia Fox and Mickie James. Bliss is out with a concussion. This match will be bad. Mostly because we have Lita who couldn't wrestle in her prime in there. Who know's maybe she'll try to out do Brie in trying to break her neck in a match. The old timers win.

Toni Storm vs Io Shirai. Haven't watched the tourney, but I'm going with Io because she stood up to that horrible Pentagon Dark.

NXT title match. Eh, I don't watch NXT. But I do like that the Black Lotus Triad is representing--too bad it's not LU. Freakin' WWE, don't you have enough talent.

(REKLUSA HAS SIGNED WITH WWE)

Apparently not.

The real main event: Stone Cold Becky Lynch vs Charlotte Flair. last woman standing. I love how the WWE tries to heel up Becky, but it just makes the fans love her more. Here's the thing, Becky should win because she's amazingly hot right now--but WWE always seems to go back to Charlotte Flair. I'm still going Becky because Charlotte will probably be rewarded with the Rumble win.

The not main event and I don't care who much social media the Bellas get--and screw E! Channel too! Nikki Bella vs Rhonda Rousey.

Okay, if Rhonda Rousey can get a good match out of Nia Jax and Nikki Bella, I will believe she's the female Kurt Angle.

Rhonda wins.

Yeah, this card just doesn't interest me. It's a shame because with the talent they have, there should be so much more, but this seems like content. Like most WWE programming these days.

Imperial

• Was once the Greatest of All Time
  • +10/-2
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2018, 04:52:15 AM »
The match I was most looking forward to was Alexa vs Trish. Alicia is an ill placed substitute, through no fault of her own.

With that special meeting of generations match gone, I don't care. Though I do hope Becky wins. 
Sig : Sara Jean Underwood

Riv1

• +67/-1059
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2018, 07:28:53 AM »
Alexa’s out? Well, that match is now worthless.
Bayley/Sasha could have been an epic feud, and the fans WANTED it.
If Becky doesnt retain, that match will be a wash, too.

pittfox

• +5/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2018, 10:49:05 PM »
This was a very cool event. I liked it.

Riv1

• +67/-1059
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2018, 12:14:23 AM »
I still have to look up the results.

Riv1

• +67/-1059
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2018, 05:57:22 AM »
Well the one match i still cared about had the right person win, AND seems to have been a good performance, too.

Not BAMF

• +22/-13
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2018, 09:38:08 AM »
It was a pretty damn good show.

Fox/Mickie vs Trish/Lita was better than it should have been. Too bad Mickie is a jobber now and doesn't get the Trish/Lita "invincible legend" rub she is entitled to.

The battle royal was a LOT of fun from bell to bell. I had a blast watching it.

Shirai vs Storm was great. These two should both be stars in a year+.

Baszler/Sane was all right, and had an ending that made me hate Baszler again. Folks online liked this match more than I did, but even then, I thought it was darn good.

Riott Squad vs Bank/Bayley/Natalya was actually really good and showed everyone off. Good stuff.

Charlotte/Becky was terrific. Right winner, too, even if it's just to set up Charlotte winning the Rumble.

Nikki/Rousey was decent. Not bad, not great. Watchable and fun.

I was REALLY surprised they did not announce tag titles during the show (unless I missed it).

Riv1

• +67/-1059
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 30, 2018, 01:15:56 AM »
Female tag titles would be cool. The women fight in tag matches so often, they SHOULD have a prize to fight over.