Herochat

Making Voting a Holiday how would that work

therock

• +50/-65
    • View Profile
Making Voting a Holiday how would that work
« on: October 22, 2018, 12:44:54 PM »
People suggested this but how would it work

Would it just be the general or primaries also..since those happen at different times. Also what about midterms

going to have to get out early for the mid terms. And would Jobs go for it. For instance my Job I just dont get holidays. Then again I am at airport so understand that somewhat

But other Buiness may bawk at an extra holiday or two. So it will be some push back

NeoGreenLantern

• +92/-21
    • View Profile
Re: Making Voting a Holiday how would that work
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2018, 12:54:34 PM »
Best way to do it is make the vote over a 4 day weekend and make it a floating holiday so businesses don't have to completely shut down.

AP

• +117/-56
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2018, 04:23:59 PM »
Best way to do it is make the vote over a 4 day weekend and make it a floating holiday so businesses don't have to completely shut down.

This is a good idea.

South Korea gives people the day off to vote and that seems to work, for what it’s worth.

ProjectCornDog

• +10/-14
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2018, 06:38:27 PM »
I personally find the primaries more important (or at least just as important) as the generals so I'd hope they be included too.

therock

• +50/-65
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2018, 11:25:54 PM »
I personally find the primaries more important (or at least just as important) as the generals so I'd hope they be included too.

Only issue with that is it multiple days spread out, since it all over the country

Dlbiininja

• +113/-13214
  • Destroyer of father of socks self-esteem
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2018, 12:08:16 AM »
A day off.  People get drunk pick someone they wouldn't pick as a kind suddenly that muthafucka gets gged win for people being stupid & fucking of their vote. 
My negative Karma correlates to the amount of butthurt I've caused you! 
blowmeuptom.com/   https://www.facebook.com/tomleykisshow/
http://garyanddino.com/ 

ProjectCornDog

• +10/-14
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2018, 10:29:11 AM »

Only issue with that is it multiple days spread out, since it all over the country

Very true, maybe it should be state-based. Like, not everyone has off that day, just whoever's turn it is to vote.