Herochat

Daredevil 3 Episodes 6-9

-K-M-

• +14/-4
    • View Profile
Re: Daredevil 3 Episodes 6-9
« Reply #15 on: October 31, 2018, 08:24:43 AM »
I like when shows crossover. Just adds to the world building

But i find the Hand story has run its course and wanted a different focus and we got it here

AP

• +122/-56
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 31, 2018, 09:10:16 AM »
Sure, the Hand storyline had a proper ending but a lot of people seem to hate it.  A lot of the criticism seems to revolve around the mysticism being too fantastic for this setting, which I disagree with.  I think it fits perfectly fine but I can see how casual viewers might not have been ready for zombie ninjas in a show that is otherwise focusing on mobsters.  What's odd is when comic readers talk about how zombie ninjas should never be on the show.

Not BAMF

• +22/-15
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 31, 2018, 09:59:40 AM »
I don't mind the Hand, but Defenders was junk and season 2 of DD was middling. So it's more like The Hand just haven't been involved in good seasons of shows than that they themselves are bad.
https://gotstratosphere.com/2019/01/08/show-1-8-19-a-semi-serious-discussion/ (A discussion on diversity and legacy characters, uh-oh! And we review Black Beetle)

Gree

• +44/-6
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 31, 2018, 10:46:31 AM »
This is probably the best thing MCU Netflix has put out.

Partially bc it doesn’t reference The Hand, Defenders, Luke Cage, etc.

Kingpin is killing it. So is Karen

I'm not sure why some critics and fans have an aversion to the Hand or crossing over with other shows.

Because the episodes, acting, writing etc. severely suffer when they do. Not everything needs to be combined.

This season is a masterpiece and it’s all Daredevil, Bullseye and Kingpin

AP

• +122/-56
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 31, 2018, 11:31:57 AM »
I thought Danny Rand's episode in Luke Cage was great and I liked seeing Punisher and Luke Cage in Daredevil and Jessica Jones.  I loved Defenders too.  Not sure what people hated about it.  Still, even if Defenders was crap, that doesn't mean it will always be crap when they team up.  I wouldn't mind seeing Luke Cage back

And technically, this season still has crossover as Ben Donovan is in several episodes.

AP

• +122/-56
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 06, 2018, 08:56:51 AM »
I just had this pointed out to me.  When Matt fights Dex at The Bullentin, he basically grabbed a stocking and jacket from the coat rack to make his costume.  I noticed it was different from all the other times he wore the costume but I figure it was just what he had been wearing under his suit just in case.  Turns out, he pulled a "Defenders" and grabbed what eh could to make his own mask.