Herochat

So let's talk about Elizabeth Warren's DNA test.

AP

• +117/-56
    • View Profile
So let's talk about Elizabeth Warren's DNA test.
« on: October 16, 2018, 04:19:22 PM »
Will this hurt or hinder her in the long run?  Should she have done the DNA test or not?  Will Trump cough up the 1 million?

Personally, I don't think she should have played into Trump's hands like that.  It's obvious whatever Native ancestry she had, wasn't much.  The majority of white Americans have a small percentage of Native DNA swimming around in them.  I mean, my great great grandmother was half Native and that didn't stop me from turning into one Irish-looking motherfucker.

I know the Right were the ones who initially brought it up after Warren made some comments in passing about some roots.  I think she should have just shut up about it instead of doubling down on it and betting Trump a million dollars she had some Native ancestry.  I doubt he'll give to any charity.  And sure, Trump looks like a racist ass but he always looks like a racist ass, so this is no new revelation.*  Meanwhile, people are much more aware of this situation than they had been and are looking at Warren like the new Rachel Dolezal, right or wrong.  The Cherokee Nation publicly denounced her as being a part of their community and she had to clarify her original statements once again.  She's been on the defensive this whole time and I'm not sure she's doing herself any favors.

* UPDATE: Trump apparently denies making the bet despite evidence to the contrary, so yeah, he's not giving to any charity.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2018, 04:28:47 PM by AP »

Panthergod

• +45/-82
    • View Profile
Re: So let's talk about Elizabeth Warren's DNA test.
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2018, 04:26:38 PM »
In the context of student protests calling for more faculty of color--which, IIRC included Law Student Barack Obama--, Harvard paraded Elizabeth Warren as the first Woman of Color in her Department.

She is a classic example of a $5 Indian. She stole opportunity for employment, prestige and economic advancement at the World's most prestigious Educational Institution from actual people of color which has put her in a position that netted her Millions of Dollars, not to mention a Senate Seat and worldwide fame.

She's a typical white liberal piece of human offal, really.

80sBaby

• +33/-8
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2018, 04:45:29 PM »
In the context of student protests calling for more faculty of color--which, IIRC included Law Student Barack Obama--, Harvard paraded Elizabeth Warren as the first Woman of Color in her Department.

She is a classic example of a $5 Indian. She stole opportunity for employment, prestige and economic advancement at the World's most prestigious Educational Institution from actual people of color which has put her in a position that netted her Millions of Dollars, not to mention a Senate Seat and worldwide fame.

How did she "steal" anything when she didn't bring up her ancestry until well after she was hired? She didn't get any scholarships based on her ethnicity or job opportunities, either.

As to the OP, no she shouldn't have done it. Trump is a troll and, unfortunately, a lot of people don't know how to deal with trolling. They end up feeding into it and that only helps Trump. And no way would Trump have paid up, even if the test showed her as 100% Native American.

ProjectCornDog

• +10/-14
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2018, 04:49:23 PM »
It hurts.

If she cares about the liberal torch, she should pass it to Bernie or someone who has a higher chance of winning. That's not to say other Democrats aren't more electable in the primary, I am saying within the wing of the party they represent.

Panthergod

• +45/-82
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2018, 04:53:53 PM »

How did she "steal" anything when she didn't bring up her ancestry until well after she was hired?

How do you know this?

80sBaby

• +33/-8
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2018, 05:22:34 PM »

How did she "steal" anything when she didn't bring up her ancestry until well after she was hired?

How do you know this?

The school has said so, there's evidence to back them up and there's nothing to contradict it. Have you actually read up on this or are you just repeating things you've heard?

Panthergod

• +45/-82
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2018, 05:25:08 PM »

How do you know this?

The school has said so, there's evidence to back them up and there's nothing to contradict it. Have you actually read up on this or are you just repeating things you've heard?
All you had to say was, "I don't know".

80sBaby

• +33/-8
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2018, 05:31:38 PM »
All you had to do was answer my original question. And yet, here we are...

MTL76

• +1137/-119
  • "What if I know all your secrets, Your Eminence?"
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 16, 2018, 06:09:15 PM »
I doubt it will hurt her much. People are too entrenched in how they're going to vote for this to change anyone's mind.

Minority Shareholder, Combine Honnete Ober Advancer Mercantiles (CHOAM)

The Create A Team / Power Set Combo Compendium

Rufio

• +5/-7
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 16, 2018, 08:57:11 PM »
Will this hurt or hinder her in the long run?  Should she have done the DNA test or not?  Will Trump cough up the 1 million?

Personally, I don't think she should have played into Trump's hands like that.  It's obvious whatever Native ancestry she had, wasn't much.  The majority of white Americans have a small percentage of Native DNA swimming around in them.  I mean, my great great grandmother was half Native and that didn't stop me from turning into one Irish-looking motherfucker.

I know the Right were the ones who initially brought it up after Warren made some comments in passing about some roots.  I think she should have just shut up about it instead of doubling down on it and betting Trump a million dollars she had some Native ancestry.  I doubt he'll give to any charity.  And sure, Trump looks like a racist ass but he always looks like a racist ass, so this is no new revelation.*  Meanwhile, people are much more aware of this situation than they had been and are looking at Warren like the new Rachel Dolezal, right or wrong.  The Cherokee Nation publicly denounced her as being a part of their community and she had to clarify her original statements once again.  She's been on the defensive this whole time and I'm not sure she's doing herself any favors.

* UPDATE: Trump apparently denies making the bet despite evidence to the contrary, so yeah, he's not giving to any charity.

I’ve watched a clip of Trump’s comment and he said he’d donate a million dollars if her test proves she’s “an Indian” (meaning a Native American). He didn’t say he’d do it if she had a small trace of ancestry.

Given that this test confirms only that she has at least .09% Native American ancestry, he should pay her specified charity $900 (.09% of a million dollars).
« Last Edit: October 16, 2018, 09:00:00 PM by Rufio »

AP

• +117/-56
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 16, 2018, 09:02:24 PM »
If that's true then technically, he wouldn't have to pay.  That's another reason why she shouldn't have gone through with it.  Unless she came back with 90% ancestry or something, he could always say, "Well, that's that's not enough to call yourself Native" and he'd be right.

Trump isn't smart but he knows how to play people.

Dlbiininja

• +113/-13214
  • Destroyer of father of socks self-esteem
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 16, 2018, 09:31:32 PM »
Thing is trump didn't specify there needed to be a certain percentage of Native American in get blood stream.   She went off of what her family told her.   And we all know that families can keep dirty secrets & are often the first problem in most people's live's. 
     How was she to know how far down the bloodline it was?  It's not like the ability to tell was around back then.   Did she prove that she had Native American I get background absolutely.   Was it enough to be relevant.   Probably not.  She had no outstanding features of a Native American.   Which,  many Native Americans are & were often ostracized as a result of them.   I can't recall anything she's done for the tribes.  Did,  she benefit politically possibly.   But,  I don't think it's been a factor in where she eventually ended up.   Trump felt it was enough to attack her on it without dna evidence.  And he says he'll test her himself.   Which,  I doubt he's capable of doing by looking at her. 

Meanwhile,  here's someone who has benefited from a lying false claim. 
http://www.latimes.com/local/california/la-na-pol-mccarthy-contracts-20181014-story.html?outputType=amp&__twitter_impression=true
My negative Karma correlates to the amount of butthurt I've caused you! 
blowmeuptom.com/   https://www.facebook.com/tomleykisshow/
http://garyanddino.com/ 

Snake-eyes

• +14/-8
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 16, 2018, 11:04:38 PM »
Only as Rufio pointed out, Trump did specify the bet was about her being "an Indian". In what world is being .1% NA enough to claim that you're an Indian?

IMO, This DNA test in no way proves that she's an Indian. hell, I'd be willing to bet a good number of US posters on this board have more NA blood and AFAIK not a one of us has ever claimed to be Indian.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2018, 11:06:16 PM by Snake-eyes »

therock

• +50/-65
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 16, 2018, 11:18:19 PM »

wait was it Warren who made the bet or trump

thought trump was the one who.introduce the bet

didn't he offer something similar for Obama birth certificate

therock

• +50/-65
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 16, 2018, 11:23:12 PM »
also did she ever say she was a straight up indian or that she had indian ancestors

think she even mention it was generations back