Herochat

Biden as the Dem nominee

Propeus The Fallen

• +32/-6
    • View Profile
Biden as the Dem nominee
« on: October 14, 2018, 12:38:22 PM »
So far he's leading in the polls. Is this good or bad.

For me, I do like him. He's a great guy and a great leader. But then I just really wish that, like with Obama, someone closer to my generation actually got a chance to lead.

ProjectCornDog

• +10/-14
    • View Profile
Re: Biden as the Dem nominee
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2018, 12:50:36 PM »
I hope someone who is genuinely anti-war and wants genuine criminal justice reform to to win the Democrat nominee. I have economic differences with liberalism, but I would vote for someone to spend the excess money within the United States instead of building up other nations.

Its sad, campaign George W Bush really spoke about the dangers of nation building, military bases around the world, and warned of the dangers of blowback. Campaign Obama was anti-war, anti-drug war, said we needed to get authorization from Congress, and it was unAmerican to increase the debt.

I hope someone like Tulsi Gabbard runs. I think she would do a lot better than networks like CNN would originally anticipate, but i think she has the looks and the brains to perform exceptionally well and bring actual issues to the table.

MTL76

• +1137/-119
  • "What if I know all your secrets, Your Eminence?"
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2018, 12:57:39 PM »
Second for Tulsi Gabbard. She wouldn’t have a prayer, though.

Minority Shareholder, Combine Honnete Ober Advancer Mercantiles (CHOAM)

The Create A Team / Power Set Combo Compendium

AP

• +117/-56
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2018, 01:27:03 PM »
Biden is just another Hillary.

Uhtceare

• +19/-8
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2018, 02:17:23 PM »
Biden is just another Hillary.
^This. He's basically just an establishment shill like Hillary. Maybe a little more ethical, but not by a big enough margin to be worth giving a fuck about.

NeoGreenLantern

• +92/-21
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2018, 03:41:56 PM »
Id prefer someone less establishment on the Dem side but if it came down to Trump or Biden I'd give a shit and back Biden.

Snake-eyes

• +14/-8
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2018, 04:10:36 PM »
If it's a choice between Biden and Hillary, I'll take Biden.

Imperial

• Was once the Greatest of All Time
  • +10/-2
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2018, 04:24:09 PM »
Biden is not what the nation, or the Democratic Party, needs heading into the future.

Sanders, Gabbard, Warren, Sherrod Brown, or even Kirsten Gillibrand would be better. Biden would be preferable to terrible choices like Terry McAuliffe, Howard Schultz, Deval Patrick, or gulp, Hillary again. That is not saying much however.
Sig : Sara Jean Underwood

therock

• +50/-65
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2018, 11:15:07 PM »
He all right. With a running mate like Warren or Bernie...he do well. Could of got more progressive but close enough.

Biden got a few things going for him that would help him win

Actully does well with the rural white vote
Pretty well like by the media, and a lot of people..where uncle Joe
Dont have as much dirt in her back round and decade of opposition reseatch like the clintons. so harder to paint as pure evil

Got Obama coalition with him
Can be charming
Think more progressive will come out..since I think most if him vs Trump there be less people saying "It barely a differnce between them..minus wells stay home". Especilly now. although rather have A bernie or Warren to avoid that risk

Panthergod

• +45/-82
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 15, 2018, 02:35:14 AM »
Biden...loses.

Horribly.

AP

• +117/-56
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 15, 2018, 06:48:44 AM »
He all right. With a running mate like Warren or Bernie...he do well. Could of got more progressive but close enough.

Dont have as much dirt in her back round and decade of opposition reseatch like the clintons. so harder to paint as pure evil

Can be charming
Think more progressive will come out..since I think most if him vs Trump there be less people saying "It barely a differnce between them..minus wells stay home". Especilly now. although rather have A bernie or Warren to avoid that risk

He co-authored the Patriot Act.  Although I'm sure only progressives will point that one out.

As for getting Bernie as his running mate, the Dems still fucking hate the guy.  I doubt they will go with him.  Maybe Warren as she tows the line when it comes down to it.

Not BAMF

• +22/-13
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 15, 2018, 09:32:06 AM »
Politically, Biden may not be wildly different than Hillary, but he is a substantially better candidate because he has personality and people like him.

That said, it's not the direction I'd like them to go. But at this point, I'm Team Whoever Will Beat Trump.

therock

• +50/-65
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 15, 2018, 09:39:14 AM »

Can be charming

He co-authored the Patriot Act.  Although I'm sure only progressives will point that one out.

As for getting Bernie as his running mate, the Dems still fucking hate the guy.  I doubt they will go with him.  Maybe Warren as she tows the line when it comes down to it.

and Bernie sign the crime bill they all got some shit. that why i say he all close enough but not great. think Tulsa the best bet. Biden and Warren would still be a great ticket. she actully got some big progressive feats she got sign into law that positively effected people lives. they both pretty good on economics. probably get some sort of minimum wage increase

way I see it we already lost 2 supreme court seats. ruth barely hanging in there and tons of lower judges been put In at a record amount

people tossed the brick through the window and all it did was make them feel cold

i think some people who stayed last year. stayed home because they thought the dems had this so why come out and vote for someone they not thrilled about. note that some not all

Imperial

• Was once the Greatest of All Time
  • +10/-2
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 15, 2018, 10:32:47 PM »
One of my concerns about Biden is that he is a gaffe machine, and it doesn't seem he has learned from past mistakes. These are not messages in tune with the times.

https://www.vice.com/en_us/article/mbpxx8/biden-trashes-millennials-in-his-quest-to-become-even-less-likable
Biden Trashes Millennials in His Quest to Become Even Less Likable
"Give me a break," he said of young people who "think they have it tough."

"The younger generation now tells me how tough things are. Give me a break. No, no, I have no empathy for it. Give me a break......"

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2015/oct/19/joe-biden-rich-powerful-are-not-problem-in-america/
“By the way, I’m not one of these guys, you know, ‘Let’s go after the rich and the powerful, they’re the problem’ — they’re not a problem."

https://www.commondreams.org/news/2018/05/09/joe-biden-clarifies-hes-no-bernie-sanders-i-dont-think-500-billionaires-are-reason
Joe Biden Clarifies He's No Bernie Sanders: "I Don't Think 500 Billionaires Are Reason We're in Trouble"

Plus he seems to be under the mistaken impression that his generation has done some fabulous job running things. When in fact under their leadership American infrastructure has crumbled to barely first world standards. Trillions have been wasted on neverending pointless destructive wars. Wages for many have been stagnant for a long time. Health costs ranging from medicines to insurance to hospital care are nests of greed that shorten and worsen American lives in ways, and to degrees, they simply don't in most of the rest of the developed world. Climate change is sneaking up on the world yet America is still debating whether polluting the air is even a bad thing. Promised benefits from financial market deregulation have mostly benefited the select few. Who then use some of that mountain of money to buy more politicians. Etc etc.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2018, 10:35:38 PM by Imperial »
Sig : Sara Jean Underwood

Rufio

• +5/-7
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 16, 2018, 09:46:13 AM »
Second for Tulsi Gabbard. She wouldn’t have a prayer, though.

Third. Do you think she lacks a shot in the primary or in the general election? If it’s the latter, what do you think kills her? Religion?